Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 25/01/2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Es4t

Es4t Active Member

You seem to disagree with everyone that has a contrary opinion to yours. Helpful!

• Like Like x 4
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Had to leave the stream, Nat's volume was too high and/or Adam to low. It was either Nat deafened me or I couldnt hear Adam.

• Like Like x 3
  3. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I believe it is quite normal to disagree with someone who has a contrary opinion to yourself!

• Like Like x 10
  4. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I would rather add it as a beta for players, so that we can test it and report bugs, that would be much easier

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

If they aren't working on any other UK routes other than the steam one, perhaps that means they know they have to put more time/resources into it to make it something special? Being the first steam route and all. I assume they have to create a lot of new assets for that one, since it's set in a time period that hasn't been covered before in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Hopefully the additional time for HSC will be used for physics optimization. So that PS4 and Xbox One owners will get 50 car trains like at SPG. Not the 40 car trains only we got at CRR and SMH.

7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Any forthcoming American route now has to compete with the sudden and surprise release of Run 8 V.3. Once I can get the download to work, TSW certainly the American stuff may be going on the back burner for a bit.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The preservation crew discussion on the stream is so disappointing. The Preservation crew have basically stopped doing preservation work and been tasked with other stuff. The reason given is that the queue of their updates in or awaiting testing is so long there is no point in adding to it.

This issue is a really big one honestly and I don't agree with the comments earlier about it being on the way to being overcome, if they aren't even doing any updates it doesn't suggest any confidence internally about this being sorted any time soon.

• Like Like x 18
  9. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to read all of the posts in this thread but I just wanted to give thanks/praise to DTG for giving more time to HSC. Hopefully this trend will continue and they will give plenty of time to fix problems and not just release broken content.

• Like Like x 3
  10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Oh my Lord!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. redrev1917

Game breaking bugs such as the BR1442 PZB, the broken service on the 101 on Kiel Lubeck should be priorities, the fact we even need to say this speaks volumes.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Ost-Trieb

Ost-Trieb Member

For me i hope that some "real" Audio fixes find the way to the preservation updates. Not like the BR 1442 or the BR 146.
    In the older german releases it sounds like you have Hoverboards on the rails. No roll or junction sounds.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

;)

• Like Like x 5
  14. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Assuming HSC is horseshoe curve wouldn’t the decision for delay lie with Skyhook as it’s their route

15. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

We all understand this. Question is, will your customers (inc. myself) be patient enough? Many are losing interest in the game because of these delayed updates (whether these are preservation crew updates or high-priority fixes of bugs that've been present for quite some time). At the end of the day, even if the community sympathises with your reasoning, that won't stop them from abandoning the game. They want to have fun, without bugs and compromises. Simple as that.

• Like Like x 16
  16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

All sorts of new features, AI despatching being the main one but vastly improved physics (apparently) which were already good and dynamic weather. Oh and manuals, DTG take note!

• Like Like x 4
  17. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

In my Opinion, Horseshoe Curve is going to be the next 313. In case you don't know, the 313 was added to the Roadmap way back in August 2020 and finally moved up to the Upcoming position around May last year, then 2 weeks later, dropped to In Production and was rarely talked about until October 2021, when it moved to Upcoming then released later that month. Horseshoe Curve moved up to Upcoming and then dropped in the next roadmap and so far has not really had any updates

• Like Like x 3
  18. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

So far i can say i am disappointed at today stream, no new update, and not information that we want to hear. This is really disappointing, and a bad way to start a fresh start, for the company. The team did show the update on Steam train and route which is exciting and all, but we have to wait who knows when. As of right now i am disappointed. :(:(:|

• Like Like x 4
  19. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Good observation....for some reason I thought after all that time we've had some DTG announced locos but we haven't. Content sitting on a roadmap for longer than intended is one of the main reasons for the change though. In the current format, we would have had the DTG loco reveals spread out

• Like Like x 4
  20. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Ok DTG should just tell us if the MNRR route is to White Plains or North White Plains at this point

21. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

To each their own, but personally- A new Swiss route, from the team who developed a notoriously rubbish Swiss route, more Harlem stuff which could be interesting and finally another northern route- except oh wait! It’s set in the past! AGAIN! Count me out.

• Like Like x 4
  22. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

it will be white plains otherwise they would state north in the end of the route description on the roadmap

23. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

So what sort of timeframe can we expect to see some preservation updates to be released? I believe on stream they mentioned the first one (of god knows how many) may release alongside the expansion pack, but I don't believe there's a release date for that yet.

It's absurd to think it's still probably a matter of months until the likes of GWE and other routes get much needed updates. Everything moves so glacially slow. I know reasons have been given but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

It's so depressing that when a route or loco releases and an issue is found we may have to wait half a year or maybe even longer for them to be addressed (Boston Sprinter signalling is an example, and at this rate getting updated sounds to the ECW 377 and SEHS 375 is another- I just can't bring myself to drive them now London Commuter exists, I'm desperate to see it updated).

• Like Like x 7
  24. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Matt confirmed north white plains on the "extend the harlem line thread". Service termini are not at white plains, wont make any sense though.

Howerver if its the case it got cutted, it will be my first "no buy" since i got into tsw, nomatter how stunning the route and stock are made.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

When has DTG released buggy unplayable content? I have it all (except DLGW), and while there are annoying bugs not one route is unplayable.

Arosa was, arguably, but Rivet have more or less sorted its gamebreaking physics issues (the naff scenery is another story)- and anyway, that's not DTG.

----------------------------------------
    Microsoft is one of the world's largest corporations, with billions in the bank, tens of thousands of employees- and an installed outlook base of all the world's businesses. Not really comparable.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Removed by DTG Natster - Don't spam.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2022
  27. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

28. hoagy

hoagy Member

Doesn't everyone? By definition?

• Like Like x 1
  29. redrev1917

So Ive calmed down since the stream, but at the time I was far from happy (to put it mildly).

First the sound was absolutely horrible tonight, with numerous people mentioning that Natalie was too loud and Adam was too quiet, the result was either we where deafened by Nat or couldnt hear Adam at all, even Jasper remarked on it. Constantly having to change my volume depending who was speaking.

Secondly the biggest takeaway I got was that theres a massive backlog of testing and a even bigger backlog of possible release dates, I just dont understand how this was allowed to happen. Adam mentioned numerous times that his team had completed everything his team had been expected to by the powers that be, well in that case did it not occur to anyone that if you are setting a team objective to produce X amount of updates then it stands to reason that you also need to provide enough testing time to actually test X number of updates??

Thirdly - the updates Adam showed off are in my humble opinion just fluff, things that are nice to look at. Dont get me wrong working level crossings, PIS & sky is important, but when these are taking centre stage and (in the case of SPG) being made the priority when at the same time we have gameplay breaking bugs, for example (but not limited to) the BR1442 PZB issue, numerous issues with LZB on a multitude of German locos (I'll exclude the 187 here), broken incab signalling on SH and BS (Boston Sprinter has improved but its still no where near where it needs be IMO), silent AWS on LBM, framerate drops on far too many routes, broken scenarios, unachievable service timetables. Then I have to question why this is personally.

Fourthly - Wanting direction from the community on what issues should be addressed first? Wow just wow, I really dont know how to even contemplate where I should even being disecting this one, I mean really? How about addressing some (if not all) gameplay breaking bugs before you even think about adding Scottish stations to German PIS trainsets??

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 23
  30. solicitr

Again, I do not believe DTG have yet decided on the 2022-23 DLC releases, which would (presumably) include locos. Harlem is the last of the lot decided upon a year ago, with Crewe (I strongly suspect) being its own special thing outside the usual development channel..

The thing I wonder about is whether the full set of ~6 routes and some number of locos will appear on the Roadmap as soon as the decision is made, or they will want to space them out. Myself, I think they should lay their cards on the table.

• Like Like x 4
  31. solicitr

WTH does SPG need with PIS? It's all freight!

• Like Like x 1
  32. redrev1917

Editted to include a example the "fluff" updates SPG eg working level crossings.

33. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

I think DTG has been bought up by a German Company, most likely DB, and have even painted their offices red.

• Like Like x 4
  34. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Remember when London Commuter first initially launched? When the 387 had 377 sounds and spawning at Victoria caused an awful lighting glitch and the framerate was unbearable? Because I do. And even so, the point still stands. I and I'm sure many others won't just shut up if we have a problem with the game that we want to see fixed.

• Like Like x 6
  35. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

I hope it won't be the next 313 case

I can say i'm not too happy when the HSC announced another delay. I hope it won't take so long, also since Skyhook get more time to develop the route, could also fixing some wrong thing we've seen in the screenshots we've shown few weeks ago.

C'mon Skyhook, finish it as soon as possible, i already save some of my money to be the first day purchaser of this route. Cheers

36. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Especially because the majority of the routes is german and an additional german route is on the Road Map. Ironie:)

• Like Like x 2
  37. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

So that mean it might come next week :cool::D

38. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I didn't really understand their logic that they may base the release of the updates and fixes on how popular a route is per the player stats. Here's a thought, perhaps people are avoiding the certain routes because they are broken - PZB on Rapid Transit for example.

• Like Like x 12
  39. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, we have the usual doves vs hawks debate. When the dust settles I do think that the hawks have some genuine beefs. The problems with the dlc limit on PS5, the endless delay in the release of Preservation Crew updates, and the seemingly insoluble bugs on Rush Hour routes are all getting very old.

Plus I do recall that statement that, to paraphrase, " we have a testing bottleneck that we're just beginning to clear up" was made about 6-8 months ago.

For myself, I've pretty much lost interest in the Roadmap and the streams that accompany it. It's no longer informative or reliable and nowhere near as entertaining as it once was. I just wait for DTG to announce whatever they're releasing on the forum and go from there. That way I can sometimes be pleasantly surprised or at least reliably informed about what's coming up.

In the end, with the caveats mentioned at the beginning of my post, I'm OK with the game and, although I wish it would move forward a little faster, I understand that, with 6 different platforms, including some aging hardware to accommodate, the developer is doing a creditable job with a tough row to hoe and the limited resources of a niche game with a relatively small player base.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 15
  40. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It feels like the pres updates will never get released despite it being completed for a very long time. It's almost like a 'carrot and stick' situation, where you can see what has been completed, but it never gets closer to actually being released.

The fact that they don't have their own update slots and have to 'piggy back' with other DLC updates is an issue in itself. That combined with the extremely lengthy QA process does not make a good combination at all.

So realistically, I have a feeling we'll have to continue with the extremely slow progress for another 6-12 months. I can't see anything changing with this current bottleneck situation, if I'm honest with you.

• Like Like x 7
  41. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Are you trolling?

• Like Like x 2
  42. solicitr

No, just parodying the average run of posts on these roadmap threads. After all, after enough of them one does begin to wish that the whiners could come up with some new, creative whines instead of the same old stale ones.

• Like Like x 1
  43. solicitr

It seems (thank goodness) that on the YouTube upload of the stream they re-balanced the audio so that Nat and Adam come out at the same volume.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Sorry, but the major " whines" " mentioned in this thread and in my post above are stale only in the sense that they haven't been addressed in a very long time. You may not be experiencing the crashes and other problems in the game, but many, particularly console players do on a daily basis. You may continue to defend DTG, but it doesn't change the facts.

• Like Like x 8
  45. solicitr

Hmmm, lessee:
    UK: GWE, NTP, TVL, WSR, BKL, ECW, SHHS, GCC, BML, IOW, WCL - 11, plus LCR coming
    DE: RT, RSN, MSB, RRO, HRR, SKA, HMA, HBL, DRA, DCZ - 10, plus nothing coming
    US: SPG, LIRR, PC, CRR, BPR, CCR, SHH - 7, plus HWP and HSC coming
    CN: OSD -1
    FR: LGV -1
    CH: ARL - 1

And the one just added to the roadmap is Swiss, not German. They're different, you know.

• Like Like x 4
  46. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Isn’t that the definition of a disagreement. Someone has an opinion the you disagree with. I mean really, you can do better than that. :)

I usually disagree with blanket troll statements such as Rivet only produces crap. I usually will listen to constructive criticism of which your post was devoid.

• Like Like x 3
  47. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The next logical step for them is introducing a new country while keeping German PZB LZB Sifa Austria Rosenheim Innsbruck Railway or Linz St Polten Wien Hbf freight is Verschiebebahnhof Linz to Wien Kledering. Here's what they need to consider Austrian locomotives can run all German routes and give us an Electric Shunter ÖBB 1063 1064 diesel 2070. Possibly a cross-border route Germany Austria Innsbruck Garmisch München Salzburg freight is München Laim to Salzburg Gnigl. There is a hump yard at Salzburg Gnigl locomotive for it is ÖBB 1163 2070.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

This is a problem on many streams by DTG. I nearly always watch them with a finger on the volume button.

It would be great if the regular hosts came to some sort of agreement on a consistent audio level to use for the streams. It shouldn’t be too complicated with a volume measuring tool showing perceived loudness on the mic outputs and then a compressor to catch the volume spikes. It would make watching these streams more convenient.

• Like Like x 2
  49. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That is a easy question to answer. London Commuter. That route on last and ironically on some current consoles has memory crashes when arriving into London Victoria and in some instances when leaving Victoria. That makes the route unplayable for many last gen and some current gen users. Riesa Dresden also has memory crashes as well making that route unplayable for some players.

You may not be experiencing issues but that doesn't change the fact that DTG unfortunately with London Commuter and to an extent Riesa Dresden have released an unplayable broken product for many last gen console players

• Like Like x 5
  50. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Pc players are the lucky ones in this case, i havent had a single crash in london commuter since release.

The key element for my decision was clearly to have no annoyance on the hardware side.

Im surprised old gen players are the majority of tsw. I wouldnt be such patient to waste my time in dlc limits, broken sounds, memory problems etc.

But thats my own opinion.

• Like Like x 3