PlayStation Tsw Manual Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Speedymeerkat, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Speedymeerkat

Speedymeerkat New Member

is there a manual i can download for controls for ps4 hand controller and keyboard for ps4

2. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Metalalbert

Metalalbert New Member

Is there also some documentation anywhere that explains what all the dials on the HUD mean, if that makes any sense? I mean the symbols around the speed indicator etc.?

• Like Like x 1
  4. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I´m not sure if something like that existes, havent seen any at least. But if you describe what you see or show a picture i´m sure people will help out and explain what those symbols are

5. Metalalbert

Metalalbert New Member

After playing for a few days I noticed the symbols I was originally on about don't seem to do anything. So I stopped wondering what they are supposed to be.

I then realised my questions are actually more aimed at how to interpret the instructions in the top right of the screen, Next etc. I am for example still confused how I should interpret the yellow sign. I mean, the game doesn't tell me if I am going too fast unless I cross a red sign, or what I should do in case of a yellow sign, so I'm just curious what the info in the top right generally means and how it should be interpreted. I didn't see anything about this in the manual so yes, that's why I wondered.

Also, since this is sort of manual related in terms of learning, how can I tell what the maximum speed is at stations? With one of the scenarios, Down The Line, the scenario was cut short because apparently I left the station at a too high of a speed. But honestly I could not tell what the maximum speed was. Is there actually a maximum speed for leaving stations? If so, how can I tell what it is?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  6. mce911fr

mce911fr New Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

A yellow signal means Caution and that the next signal is expected to be red.

In GWE there are double yellow´s and yellow signals. If you see a double yellow expect the next signal to be yellow and start slowing down slowly. If the next signal is yellow expect the next signal to be red. Start slowing down to a speed where you can stop the train safety and in time if the next signal is red. Personally i slow down to around 40mph and approach until i see the next signal and start to stop or if its green to accelerate again.
    There are also the yellow one´s with a white feather indicating that you are about to change the track.

In all cases the speed for the section can be seen on the speed signs next to the track. Real drivers now the track and where those are. You can turn on the overlay in the settings that shows you the next upcoming speed.

GWE signaling info:
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...937.48772801.1533577698-1832751018.1521552294

For RT i recommend to check out the German Signaling Guide from ProfCreeptonius which can be found in this thread:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/the-everything-guide.5313/

The Speeds for the sections are shown on speed boards with numbers along the track aswell. But thats also covered in the German Signaling Guide linked above.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Metalalbert

Metalalbert New Member

Thank you both, mce911fr and xD 2Bad4You. That was very helpful information. I guess I am one of those guys who is really into knowing what every dial and item on the HUD means so I'll be reading the material you linked to extensively.

Thank you again :)