Swiss Route - From Rivet Games

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimplayer, Jan 25, 2022.

1. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Huh, I assumed it was going to be another RhB narrow gauge line.

I thought it was almost certain since they already have some stock and assets but alas no.
    I would have loved some faster narrow gauge running :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Dual gauge was supported in TS Classic, Cripple Creek narrow gauge was all dual gauge in the Golden yard …

3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That's because previous rivet dlc have missed the mark so to speak. Basically rivet has gained a reputation of releasing buggy low quality dlcs and taking months to fix or won't fix at all. For example the arosa line has a butload of issues which took several months to fix. The class 150 for wcl was criticized for having incorrect psychics which meant the rate of acceleration when a train would leave the station was incorrect. The 1938 tube stock's sounds were completely inaccurate and was not a good loco dlc. Rivet's track record of DLC releases have made some in the community skeptical of getting Rivet DLC. DTG will work more closely to rivet to try to alleviate the skepticism and to help rivet along the way which is good however personally I won't buy any rivet dlc's for this game because of their track record.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Wait until you see the final product to make judgement. Dovetail will be working closely with Rivet, and Rivet (coming from Cornwall) only really need to do a few things better in the scenery aspect, and need to improve their physics and sound mixing.

We should wait and see instead of making our minds up now.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

So its very likely that the line is Luzern-Sursee, so lets take a look at it:

The stations are
    Sursee
    Oberkirch
    Nottwil
    Sempach-Neuenkirch
    Rothenburg
    Rothenburg Dorf
    Emmenbrücke Gersag
    Emmenbrücke
    Luzern

It takes about 35 Minutes for an S1 Service, but they arent terminating at Luzern, they change direction and continue to Baar.
    Services are operated with an SBB Flirt, there are possibilities for freight with one of the MRCE Locos (185/182) but the terminus at Sursee would mean that Freight services are stopping at a station on the line, except they are using the little siding behind the station etc...
    Personally i am looking forward to the route, as its the first Standart gauge swiss Route, hopefully Rivet learned from its last releases.

• Like Like x 6
  6. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

If its being made by Rivet, I'm not touching it. You know full well its going to be broken/crap sounds/lame timetable etc etc

• Like Like x 2
  7. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Maybe they will make some progress with this route. Maybe.

8. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

So basically every aspect in a DLC...

• Like Like x 5
  9. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

It's not worth judging the route now, we have not even got a screenshot yet, Rivet might have learnt by now and maybe we will see another Cathcart Circle quality route.

• Like Like x 3
  10. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Then what's your point in commenting here other than bashing? But cool flex, that you can see the future. I want to have this ability, too.

• Like Like x 7
  11. dosto762

You can buy it from Amizon.com. A 100% legal site and not at all used to find criminal activity

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

We shall see, at this point, it is too early to judge the quality of a route that was only teased. Plus the content is not yet finalized, otherwise, they would announce it fully.

I think the scenery is going to be fairly good, the rolling stock remains to be seen. As with every recent addon, I will wait until the preview stream to make up my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dosto762

It also is unfair to the developer, people just forget that making routes takes a lot of work and can't be whipped up immediately.

• Like Like x 4
  14. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Hush up, I'm allowed an opinion

• Like Like x 2
  15. dosto762

Not much of an opinion if you haven't seen the route. More of a judgement because RIVET BAD, TSG GOOD

• Like Like x 4
  16. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

If the route would go to Sursee, the amount of services every hour would be: (25 km)
    - S-bahn service every 30 minutes
    - Intercity service direct to Sursee every 30 minutes
    - Stopping service to Sursee every hour (which continues to Olten)

A total of 5 trains every hour in one direction (not counting any freight services)​

If the route would go to Olten: (55 km)
    - S-bahn service from Luzern to Sursee every 30 minutes
    - Intercity service to Olten every 30 minutes
    - Stopping service to Olten every hour
    - Intercity service to Zofingen every hour (Stops at Sursee, continues to Geneve, doesn't ride through Olten)
    - S-bahn service from Sursee - Olten every 30 minutes
    - A big railway yard located at Olten (From what I can see on google maps, it's for passenger trains)

A total of 8 trains every hour in one direction (not counting any freight, and actually 6 services if you count the two S-bahn services as one, as they both cover a part of the line.)​

In conclusion, the route to Sursee is short, but 5 (passenger) trains every hour in one direction is still pretty good. If the route would go to Olten, an additional Intercity service and two S-bahn services an hour are added to the timetable and a big railway yard for passenger trains.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  17. dosto762

Intercity trains make up a lot of the line so I wonder if Rivet will break the barrier and add 2 new trains. But that's unlikely

18. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

Yeah indeed, somehow they are almost forced to make another train, otherwise the route will be dead. On the other hand, they could choose to implement the ICE3m (bit unrealistic), the BR 101 (even more unrealistic) or just use the FLIRT for intercity services too (would this be realistic?).

They could implement freight services, but I don't see a clear starting or stopping point for it (don't see any freight consists at Luzern), thus seeing freight implemented in this route is not to be expected...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

DTG most of the time produces 1 new train per route if we are lucky, how can we expect Rivet to make two new trains? Totally irrealistic.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dosto762

Maybe, if the PIS display said "due to DTG forcing a 1 new train per route limit Stadtler FLIRTs now run all intercity services, sorry for any inconvenience caused. "

• Like Like x 3
  21. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

Love this idea haha

• Like Like x 1
  22. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Fun Fact: In 1995/6 there were ICE Services to Luzern, not with a 406 (401), but of course they didnt call at Sursee....
    I Also don't think there is a second train coming, especially no loco-cab car consist for the terminus in Luzern. So it might just be the S Bahn and RE Services with the Flirt

• Like Like x 1
  23. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Having just looked at the route on google earth it looks like a nice scenic route especially the bit alongside the lake. It isn't as "hilly" as I had envisaged in my mind, well not in the foredistance. Luzern looks like a large and interesting station.

There was a freight train at one of the stations with a small boxy looking electric loco, a bit like a BR.146 I think?

Makes me want to go on holiday there.

• Like Like x 2
  24. trainsimplayer

To those using this as a thread to bash Rivet - Quit it. Sure, you're allowed an opinion. Sure, I can't stop you. However for goodness sake, don't make a judgement before you even see the thing!

Also, I don't want anyone arguing and getting this locked. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 13
  25. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This might be Zürich to Lucerne via Zug and Zimmerberg Base Tunnel 99km in length.
    Journey mode will be comprised of
    S-Bahn Driver Rabe 503
    Freight Driver Re484 RE474
    Tilting train drive Rabe 503 Pendolino. That can also run Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg as the Zurich Lindau München Hbf train player controls that til München Pasing then Ai controlled

26. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

Rivet won't make a 100 km long route WITH a very complicated Zurich Hauptbahnhof. It is almost certain that this DLC will be from Luzern to Sursee (and maybe onwards to Olten), because of an earlier accidentally seen folder in one of Rivets livestreams saying "Luzern - Sursee" (if I remember correctly)

Sorry to spoil your excitement...

• Like Like x 1
  27. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me about that and does the Rabe 503 Pendolino operate on Lucerne-Olten Line or not? If so then it must have final destinations of Frankfurt Am Main Hbf and Basel Northbound Southbound Venice Santa Lucia and Milano Cle.
    Chapter mode should still be the same
    S-Bahn driver Rabe 523
    Freight driver RE484 474
    Tilting train driver Rabe 503
    DLC
    Re 460 driver IC2000

28. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

I think Luzern Sursee is a litlle too short. By the way, when you look at the picture from Rivet, the route stops in Luzern but it also fades out to north west and to south. Is it possible to Luzern not be the final destination on the south part ?

29. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The S1 (Sursee - Baar) from today was split in the S18 and S1 back in 2010/2013. So the Flirt from Sursee was S18 until Luzern and continued as S1 to Baar. If the Route is just Sursee - Luzerne its technically complete from the service aspect. Maybe this is the reason they went for a 2010 timetable. To be straight..., really nice we get more swiss trains, but im not setting my hopes too high about the route going to baar or olten.

S-Bahn_Zentralschweiz_12-2013.svg.png

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  30. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

the RABe503 does run on that route, but as far as I know only one time per day as EC51 Frankfurt-Milano

• Like Like x 1
  31. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

That does not seem probable. Looking at video footage, the route south is combined standard and narrow gauge for about 4 km to Horw and then continues as narrow gauge only.
    Trains running along this line continue further south, so this would require more rolling stock and would not really interact with the line to Sursee.
    If they did continue the narrow gauge section, it would be either to Stans or to Sarnen. Interlaken is too far.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

The northern and north-eastern part is the railway station, the south is the narrow gauge line and the west part is the railway line to Sursee and Zurich (basically the only standard gauge railway line into Luzern)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This really would be disappointing. There are so much more beautiful routes in Switzerland. I want to to see mountains, grades, narrow gauge.

34. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not just a new loco (450 or 460), but double-decker cars to go with it. The Pendolinos and other HSTs don't run on the IC21, which is the only express route through Lucerne.

35. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Since when did the route feeling dead due to it only having one rolling stock stopped any TSW route release? I mean LIRR, the original Rapid Transit and Oakville Subdisivion comes to mind in an instant.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

You mean three of the oldest routes? Since those a lot has changed if you care to notice. And to answer your question: Cornwall. That routes release was postponed for that very reason.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Christiaan

Christiaan Member

What I mostly meant was that if only the FLIRT would be included, you would only get the S-bahn services from Luzern to Sursee, not any of the Intercity services. So only 2 services an hour in one direction is not much, and would feel to me like the route is dead, in comparison to the real life situation. I have no problem with only 1 train included in a route, just as long as it contains many services. I enjoyed Rapid Transit a lot, especially with the new timetable and the scenario planner. But it would be a shame if only the S-bahn services are in the timetable of the new swiss route...

38. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Would like to see two 2 trains for this route although don't see it happening. Just can't be seen to have another dead route with one train. Cathcart Circle Route was nice just heading into Glasgow felt too quiet hopefully won't be the same with this route.

39. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Arosa, Cathcard, and TGV are also examples of 1-train routes.

• Like Like x 2
  40. solicitr

Cathcart and TGV, AI trains only matter at the terminus station. Arosa- in real life it ain't a busy route. At all.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Cornwall's postponed release added more rolling stock, but all of those are reused from older add-ons. They were in a lucky situation to be able to use exsisting stock, but I don't see them making more new one from scratch.

But those are actually fine that way for the most part. I mean Arosa and Cathcart doesn't feel dead and unrealistic, as those route were mostly dominated by those trains anyway, same for the TGV route (I don't know if there are any regular trains in that are or not?).

That being said, I would love to see more rolling stock, as this one train per route standard is very weak. You don't have to make entirely new trains for every single route, but that doesn't mean we need to get the bare minimum either. I would love if this route had two type of rolling stock.

42. solicitr

Unlike Germany's SFS, France's LGV lines are for HSTs only. So, no, there's nothing missing, except to populate Marseilles with AI.

43. trainsimplayer

Arosa... Is realistic (1 point to Rivet) in that regard, it's not a bustling mainline by any stretch of the imagination.

Cathcart was dominated by the 314 at the time, and only really would need stock at Glasgow Central.

And the LGV is a LGV for a reason. It's for TGVs to run on a dedicated line/lines.

44. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Frankly I wish they hadn't. The stock they added isn't a realistic depiction of what would have been seen. Most of it is from the wrong era, the class 45's were all gone by 1989. The formations are incorrect too and Intercity livery was dominant..

The only layer which fits in with the route and era is the class 101 and because of the layering system (which I would normally argue very much in favour of) you end up with a totally unrealistic experience.

• Like Like x 1
  45. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Personally I'm looking forward to any route which isn't one of the established three countries.
    Just hoping they will up their game regarding scenery.

• Like Like x 3
  46. driverwoods#1787

I agree with you and for Rivet Games Swiss routes out of Lucerne have Pendolino servicesto Frankfurt Am Main Hbf and Milano Cle via Chiasso. Instead of Switzerland DTG should have done ÖBB Austria because it uses PZB LZB Sifa since the 1960s and change German routes by giving them ÖBB services. On Riesa-Dresden the Railjet using the Elsterwerda-Dresden fast line Instead of RB31 via Großenhain Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Lohr Nightjet trips

• Like Like x 1
  47. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Judgment on this latest effort is reserved particularly after all their previous releases, maybe DtG's involvement will up the quality substantially? Not holding my breath though.

• Like Like x 1
  48. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Ouch. It looks like there is quite a lot on Intercity traffic, I wonder if they might think about making some IC consists, it seems like it's a much larger part of the trains running there than what I imagined at first.

I wonder if they can pull enough resources to do both, and at this point I don't know what to hope for - either two trains (possibly of very mediocre quality) or only the Flirt, but with a lot of missing services.

I have a question, what operates ICs there? I think that maybe an modern EMU would be easier to recreate than the RE460 push pulls.

49. driverwoods#1787

There's the Rabe 503 Pendolino SBB CFF FFS designation for ETR 610 FS Italian State Railways usually the Frankfurt Am Main Basel Olten Lucerne Gotthard Bahn Chiasso Milano Cle. If DTG/Rivet Games get a Current Deutsche Bahn Fahrplan it's listed as ECE85

50. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

But I understood that is just once per day, I was asking about the "bulk" of those IC services that run every 30m/1h