Inter City Swallow Livery Scenarios??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by westcastlerail, Jan 25, 2022.

1. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Hi Everyone

My pre Christmas plan of raiding the sales has now finished, and have picked up quite a bit of Just Trains, Armstrong Powerhouse, Steam content etc in the hope that I could start running more scenarios that are pre built (rather than creating my own).

All of the routes, locos, enhancement packs etc I have are Uk based, but most seem to be modern day, or early 2000’s., 2010’s.

My first era (travelling to London everyday) was 1986-1988, as BR blue was fading out and Inter City executive and swallow was starting. (Plus Network southeast!)

I really would like a scenario (or similar) for the Pullman Services (ie the Master cutler on Midland Mainline or the Rivera Express etc) , but despite all my purchases cannot find any scenarios from that era I can adapt (I have TS tools etc).

So Would like to ask the TS community if anyone knows any source of UK mainline scenarios in Inter City Swallow ?

2. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Have you tried the steam workshop or uk train sim yet?

3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You might find some on ATS (Alan Thomson Sim).

4. westcastlerail

Hi Mark / Nick
    Many thanks for your responses, I have tried ATS, Steam Workshop and UK Train Sim. (Also tried DP Sim).

To be honest, I find searching on those sites quite intimidating to find scenario's of interest or meet what I am after.

There is simply too much to wade through, and the ones that I have downloaded previously, some of them can be off a questionable standard.

I did like the Armstrong Powerhouse external site for scenarios, and am quite happy to pay for good tried and test scenarios, that is of interest too me and matches my DLC and stock, but again they all tend to be modern day.

I know that you can search by Scenario creators name, so if anyone has any recommendations for good scenario creators I would certainly be interested in creator name suggestions to look for IC Swallow scenarios.

5. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

Hi there, not sure if you might be interested in any of these? Some of them are chargeable but in my opinion are worth it, also as you say you could always swap rolling stock out using TS Tools
    https://alanthomsonsim.com/page/3/?s=IC+Swallow+scenario

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Yes, rosgar has been around for years and has been trying different stock. You may have to swap something like an IHH train, but there is usually a good variety, so you will definitely want to have the UKTS packs and check for other needed DLC.

The Snacktime series is good for a bunch of 45 minute or less options, so check those out in particular. Something like 180 there ATM. They also have a Facebook page.

8. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

9. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Ouch! I sent you an msg on the forums here

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Sent you the files

12. Cyclone

Oof, yeah, that’s chunky. Remember you can only do one at a time, too, so two nights to plan for. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

For anyone who want the two scenarios of mine I linked, but have similar issues with UKTS, send me your email in the message system her on the forums, and I'll mail you the scenarios

14. heardturkey

heardturkey Active Member

Just tried it and they took 5 secs each. Non premium.
    All they are is RWP files.

15. Cyclone

I think it was a joke. But there may be people who cannot get a UKTS account working.

16. westcastlerail

Thanks for the suggestions so far… I thought my spending spree over Christmas would help, but looking at the requirements for a lot of these scenarios I’ve still got a lot of DLC\loco collecting to do (and spending!).

For my Master Cutler scenario wish, found this video of Sheffield in 1988, is exactly the sort of thing I would love to find in a scenario! The variety of 1988 liveries and train formations is quite immense!

• Like Like x 1
  17. jaceiondalen

jaceiondalen New Member

You may have to swap something like an IHH train, but there is usually a good variety, so you will definitely want to have the UKTS packs and check for other needed DLC. Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  18. westcastlerail

Just found a website for a company that is running Rail tours this year, using restored MK3 Coaches in Inter City Swallow Livery, along with a class 87 and 90.

www.inter-city.co.uk

Think there is also some videos online of the Royal Scott Euston to Glasgow trip they ran previously.

Looking forward to recreating these trips as modern day scenarios in TS, without now the need to recreate scenarios and find rolling stock from the 80’s.

Just replace the Pendilino in the WCML scenarios with a Inter City Swallow class 87 or 90! (And some First class / Buffet MK3)

19. Cyclone

Looking forward to what you come up with. Hopefully you can do versions both for the Workshop and for those who like the advanced models.

20. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And you think that will work?
    The Game won't time the Class 87 at 125mph as its max speed is 110mph.

21. westcastlerail

Hi Peter
    Hope you are keeping well .. good point about the speed difference!
    Was thinking of using a timetable scenario and set the driving accuracy to around 75%
    Hopefully that will allow for a bit more time in the route path to allow for the speed difference.
    Mind, most Railtours I have been on rarely run to time!

Cyclone … Haven’t got brave enough yet to post my scenarios on steam workshop but may get brave one day! Will let you know if I do!

22. Cyclone

It doesn't involve bravery. It involves "Hey, I need someone to try this".

23. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I seem to remember RST - Railtour Standard Time that was normally One Hour later than advertised. :)

• Like Like x 1