PlayStation Waiting Forever At A Red 5.8 Miles Outside Reading

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Aug 8, 2018.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Playing on PS4. Not sure if I am missing something. I was running service 1N52 Paddington to Maidenhead. After getting to Maidenhead there was the option to continue into Reading starting 1923hrs.

Did that, have now got stopped at red signal T1631 5.8 miles outside Reading and have been here Around 40mins best guess. Looked on the route map and there’s traffic in front but my question is, how long should I really be waiting? The other traffic also isn’t moving. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Were you really early in arriving at Maidenhead sometimes that can cause issue with signals ahead of you. While stopped at the signal did request permission to pass the red signal.

3. Fergie

Fergie Guest

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I gave up in the end and quit to the main menu. Must be some sort of bug.

4. TinTin_57

Thanks for the replies. I was on the money into Maidenhead. Waited another 10 mins longer after my post and gave up. Will be interesting to see if anyone else in addition to the 2 of us here gets this

5. TinTin_57

Yeah tried asking about passing at red too. Nothing

6. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

if you have asked permission to pass the signal. the light will stay red but will show white light at the top of the signal to pass. The signal stays red but the white lights mean you are being diverted onto another track or even a siding. IF that dosnt work reverse the train a little bit as you may have gone over the stopping marker and it may reset the signal