Swiss Route From Rivet Games, What We Know So Far...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dosto762, Jan 26, 2022.

1. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

A new Swiss route was announced yesterday and a lot including me may have figured out what it might be. So let's see what info we have and what many have speculated.

What Rivet have given us so far:
    Route: Luzern-????
    Year: 2011
    Length:????
    Operator: SBB
    Train(s): RABe 523 (possibly)

As you can see Rivet have us a lot of information for a route they just announced, which led us to speculate further so we'll see what the community has speculated.

Route: Luzern-Olten or Sursee
    Length: 55km or 35km depending on terminus
    Train(s): RABe 523 and SBB TRAXX locomotive
    Layers: BR 182
    Types of service(s): S-Bahn Luzern or Regional and possibly Freight

This is a lot of speculation and a lot of it does seem likely!
    IMO Luzern-Olten with RABe 523 and a reskinned BR 185 in SBB Cargo livery seems most likely. Luzern-Sursee seems too short (35km) and does not include the full S-Bahn line which is unlikely to see as every s-bahn we have in TSW2 contains at least one full S-Bahn line. Luzern-Olten seems a lot more likely as it's longer and has an opportunity for future DLC's.

So what are your thoughts on this mystery route? Will you be buying it? Do you think this will be another Cathcart Circle or another Arosaline...

• Like Like x 1
  2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well I am sure developing for a new sim is a learning curve, I suspect it will be an improvement over Arosa, which seems to be in a good state now although the distant scenery is still not up to scratch. The IOW is a nice route, I don't have WCL due to the stupid layers added and my doubts over the class 150.

I think this new route will be one to purchase for me as it will bring something different and I think will be a lot more improved. Rivit's TS1 routes are very good.

As to where it goes and what it might contain, I know very little about the railways in that region so can't really speculate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I‘ll almost certainly buy it. It will be my most local line. I have several concerns mostly related to how busy the line will feel with the lack of suitable Swiss rolling stock, but we‘ll see.

Until I know where the line actually ends up and what services run on it, I can’t really judge.

In my opinion Rivet have improved a lot over the past year. I still enjoy all of the 3 routes they have done so far, even if Arosa took far too long to get into a reasonable state. Hopefully things continue to improve and this route will have a better launch.

• Like Like x 3
  4. dosto762

I think Rivet has not got the handle of building TSW2 routes and physics as TS has much simpler graphics and physics. I hope Rivet employees have been trained and got better at TSW2 physics over Christmas and the RABe 523 acclerates like a Stadtler FLIRT and not a F1 car.

5. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

the BR182 does not make any sense on this route. The different BR185 would be fine tho.

6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I don't understand what went wrong with the class 150 and I do hope it gets fixed as I will be more inclined to purchase WCL if it does. It should have been a day one purchase for me.

The stock in Arosa seems very well modelled although I know it has problems, mostly fixed, maybe they will have better handle on it this time.

I know they haven't covered themselves in glory but I think the constant angst and sniping against them is a little harsh, as I said their TS1 work is very good in my opinion and they are quite innovative so should be encouraged really especially as they are the most likely outlet for routes outside the sphere of the main three countries.

• Like Like x 6
  7. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Though unlikely, a RE 460 + Einheitswagen + Cabcar can also be seen in Luzern.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dosto762

Some people see Rivet routes like this: All Rivet routes are awful, I'm nether touching such a yucky thing. But really Rivet routes are acceptable if you look past the bad stuff. For example Rivet did an excellent job on Arosaline 's OLE with tension cables and everything.

• Like Like x 6
  9. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

another Arosaline

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Most TSW Routes do not contain a full S Bahn Line. All S Bahn services on HRR contiune in one or both directions, the S8 on RRO goes far beyond Wuppertal, the S 19 on SKA doesnt terminate at Cologne, neither does the S3 at Hackerbrücke on HMA and the S1 on DRA continues to Schöna/ Bad Schandau, let alone the S2.....
    Edit: only Rapid Transit has complete S2 runs in the time the original Timetable is set and DCZ with the S3

But i am excited for this one as it is standart gauge and with that more compitable to other, mainly German, Stock and routes. Stadler Flirts can be seen all over germany, in fact they are currently the only train operating passenger services on RSN.
    And as mentioned earlier if they took their time with the scenery, as the route isnt too long or climbing 1000m, i have no problem with it terminating at Sursee, but than itll have to be up to DTGs recent standarts (DCZ)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  11. dosto762

Oops forgot, I was driving an S3 service on DCZ earlier so that might be why I put it as that

• Like Like x 1
  12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Lucerne Olten has S3 S-Bahn Lucerne full route and Bw Olten has S3 S9 S-Bahn Basel units of Rabe 523. Regarding Lucerne-Olten it has freight locomotives ES64F4 Re474 Traxx RE484 For Deutsche Bahn a DB BR185.0 high-speed train Rabe 503 Pendolino.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

problem already would need a new or old generation traxx because the SBB never the AC2 the traxx are on TSW 2 have them generation 2 traxx only the 186 (Traxx MS) and 185.0 (F140TraxxAC1)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

Yes the RE 474 are the BR 189 Swiss

15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

SBB does use ES64s for freight, in addition to TRAXXes.

16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The easy answer is to use the MRCE or Railpool version. You can see leased freight locos all over Europe. Make that the MRCE 185.5- the 185.6 isn't set up for international running, whereas the .5 can use Swiss current and has Swiss pantos.

17. lux#4689

Yes, but the BR189-ones, not the BR182-ones.

18. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

Whatever it will be it will be recycled and broken generic sounds for the rolling stock, like it always have been. The route itself might be good and lots of details put into the models by their 3d artists.

19. driverwoods#1787

The Swiss Pantographs are also compatible with the SNCF 25kv 50hz systems but not the German and Austrian 15kv 16.7hz systems.

20. Jonsutt1

Jonsutt1 Active Member

Anyone know why the rather strange frequency of 16.7 Hz is used?

• Like Like x 1
  21. driverwoods#1787

22. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Because of the way "modern" electric motors work (see also here). It is a third of the typical 50Hz in the European grid and was needed for three-phase induction motors to work (back in the days that is) :) Modern technology makes it possible to use the 50Hz straight away, but the German speaking countries and Sweden/Norway decided to go a different way when they started with electrification.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Rivet's 3d modelling of the locos is always very good. Can't say the same about the physics, but we'll see.
    However, with just that RABe the route will feel empty. Layers aren't really an option here. Hopefully there'll be more rolling stock coming.
    It's a welcome change from the ususal three, but I'm not gonna buy it, non within the first year al the very least.

24. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what safety systems are there in Switzerland?

25. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

ZUB, Integra Signum & Etcs are used on normal gauge tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Hmm... so there's a good chance we get a new signalling system? I can see that according to openrailwaymap the route from Luzern-(Sursee)-Olten is equipped with ETCS

• Like Like x 1
  27. lux#4689

I don't think we get ETCS, as in Luzern it is only ETCS L1LS, and only very few trains use it there, none of which I expect to get.
    We rather see ZUB and Signum

• Like Like x 1
  28. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Where would these forums be without speculation, especially of the negative variety?

• Like Like x 3
  29. driverwoods#1787

How does both work? otherwise they're going to assume it's the same as a German DB Netze ÖBB Infra PZB LZB systems where the Q button acknowledge PZB End Page Down release and Override (Befehl 40)

30. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

ZUB checks your speed between the distant and main signal, if you dont slow down when for example the main signal is red, the system is gonna brake the train.

Integra Signum is similar to the AWS, it warns the driver of an upcoming red main signal or a speed reduction.

ETCS level 1 is basicly ZUB and Integra Signum together and is in Switzerland operated as "limited supervision" --> This means a signal in ETCS 1 is protected only as much as its nessecary.
    ETCS level 2 is advanced with incab signalling

This was a basic explanation, and im not sure about the railway infrastructure of luzern in 2010.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. driverwoods#1787

Rivet Games Better put those into a PDF Manual for this route