Expansion Pack For Munich - Augsburg With Br 101 And Ic Cab Car

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Jan 25, 2022.

?
  1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    64.4%
  2. Only if it's discounted because I already own the BR 101

34 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. Maybe, if it's on sale

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. No

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

In light of the recent(-ish) announcement of the Expansion pack for the core routes, and the continued demand for the IC cab car, combined with the desire and oppertunity for IC services on HMA, I'd like to propose a similar expansion pack for Munchen - Augsburg. This pack will contain a number of things, most notably the BR 101, with IC coaches, cab car and hopefully also BordBistro coach. Aditionally some advertisment/special liveries for the BR 101 might be included. Finally the timetable would be (somewhat) overhauled, with more AI traffic in and around München Hbf and München Pasing, aswell as IC services and some shunting of IC coaches.

Contents of this suggestion
    • The BR 101, IC Cab Car and BordBistro coach
    • Additional liveries?
    • New services and scenarios
    • Discount for those that own the BR 101 on HRR?
    • Conclusion

The BR 101, IC Cab Car and BordBistro coach
    [​IMG]

A lone IC cab car in München Hbf

This pack would reintroduce the BR 101 with it's IC coaches to the game. These are already known from the HRR loco-add on, so I won't spend more time on them. What will be new is primarily the IC cab car. The IC cab cars were developed from older coaches from the East-German DR (Halberstadter Z-Wagen) after the German unification and merger of DB and DR. The coaches were initially intended for use on InterRegio services (check out my Frankfurt - Marburg in the '90s suggestion that includes InterRegio services), that often had to change ends during their long journeys. The use of cab cars was intended to greatly reduce the time required to change ends at Germany's many terminus stations, such as for example München Hbf. The coaches proved a succes in InterRegio services, leading to the decision to build more of a slightly different type for Intercity services, this time only re-using the bogies from old coaches, with the rest of the coach being built new. After the end of InterRegio services, all cab cars were used on Intercity services, and were repainted accordingly. Currently there are a two different types of cab car (Bimdzf 271, the ex-Interregio cab cars, equipped with digital destination displays and Bpmbdzf 296, the original IC cab cars, also retrofitted with digital destination displays). There are some differences between these different cab cars, but the latter, the Bpmbdzf 296, is most numerous with 75 coaches, so this would probably be the most likely candidate to come into the game. All IC cab cars are allowed to be pushed and pulled at speeds of up to 200 km/h. In service they can currently only be seen with BR 101 locomotives (and the occasional BR 218), though they could also be seen with the now out of service BR 120.

[​IMG]

Then there's also the possibility of including the BordBistro coach, completing a very basic version of a standard rake of IC coaches. The most common type of BordBistro coach currently in services is the ARkimmbz 288. These coaches (like some of the IC cab cars) were initially developed for InterRegio services (already being rebuilt from older coaches back then), and only introduced on IC services, that up until that point only had BordRestaurant coaches with a larger dining area and more capable kitchen, after the end of InterRegio services. They continued running with the in my opinion very beautiful IR interior until 2015, from which point they were gradually modernized with digital destination displays and a new interior. These coaches, like most other IC coaches, are allowed to be pulled or pushed at speeds of up to 200 km/h.

Additional Liveries
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A BR 101 and cab car that were wrapped to celebrate 50 years of IC service in Germany.

Over the years the BR 101 has seen many advertisement liveries. Sadly most of these would be difficult to introduce, as they contain advertisments by other companies, however, a few were DB's own creation, so should hopefully be licenseable, such as the '50 Jahre Intercity' wrap for both the BR 101 and cab car shown above, but for example, the Rheingold wraps that 101 112 wore for many years (in both red and blue) before being scrapped should be possible to get licenced, in addition to many ads that DB put on their own trains over the years. If none of that is possible, DTG might even consider sponsoring an advertisement livery themselves, like they did with ACS 64 #662. DTG could for example sponsor a wrap that puts a BR 101 into Orient Red with 'Latz', something that hasn't been seen before. Such a unique livery would surely be a hit among German railfans and could be an advertisment succes!

[​IMG]

BR 101 112 in Rheingold colours in front of an EC train.

New services and scenarios
    [​IMG]

A BR 363 pulling a rake of EC coaches out of München Hbf, such movements could easily be recreated with IC coaches from the BR 101.

The expansion pack also opens up the oppertunity for many new services. First and most important of all are of course the IC services, with there being an IC between Munich and Augsburg in both directions every two hours, supplemented by a number of trains that only run a handfull of times a day between Munich and Augsburg. Additionaly some IC and EC trains could form AI traffic around München Hbf and München Pasing, making this area feel considerably more alive. The IC coaches also provide oppertunities for some passenger shunting, with some services not having a cab car, needing a BR 363 to pull them out of München Hbf, so the loco can change ends. It would be fun to see such movements represtented in some way, altough the main focus should of course be on the cab car. Finally, the timetable being changed hopefully will also form an oppertunity to introduce more AI services along the route, mainly in Munich. These AI services have already been used with great succes on the Dresden based routes, and would make Munich feel a lot more alive and interesting. The BR 101 and IC coaches could even be used to portray the München - Nürnber Express, a high speed regional train consisting of a BR 101 with IC coaches and a cab car painted in DB Regio colours.

Discount for those that own the BR 101 on HRR?
    Many people already own the BR 101 on HRR. I'm not sure if a discount for this pack would be justified for those people though, as you're still getting a boatload of services, a new coach and an entirely new cab car. Feel free to discuss this subject below this post though.

Conclusion
    I think this expansion pack could hit two birds with one stone, livening up Munich - Augsburg with new (playable and AI only) services and finally introducing the IC cab car to the game. I've also made a suggestion for a pack for Main-Spessart-Bahn that would add the BR 111 and Modus-Wagen, along with an intensive timetable overhaul to that route, go check it out if expansion packs interest you! Feel free to let me know your thoughts on this suggestion below :).

• Like Like x 44
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and this should make Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg busy with Intercity and passenger coach shunting that requires routes with DB BR363 to layer in. You can probably consider DB BR101 Cab Car DB BR363 red paint no Rallion as a bundle called München Hbf train pack. Speaking of DB BR 101 112 paint it's based on DB BR110 112 paint
    [​IMG]
    Here's a video of DB BR363 shunting coaches these are ÖBB Nightjet coaches currently made using livery designer on DB BR101 IC coaches HRR and this pack with the cab car standing in for the actual one.

• Like Like x 4
  3. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

IC Cab Car is what we need!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Kinda feel like the IC cab car should have come with the 101 anyway.

• Like Like x 13
  5. AmbyyRose

AmbyyRose Member

I would definitely love this since I do want to use the BR 101 on more routes than just NDR, HRR and HHL. Also genuinely did not know it had a cab car before this post as I'm only familiar with it's swiss lookalike the Re 460.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jolojonasgames

Yeah, same, but we have to make do with the situation as it is I guess

• Like Like x 2
  7. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Very good one!
    And it would break the monotomy of the only push-pull service being the Dostos, aside from finally another Dostos being added.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Such a good suggestion!

• Like Like x 2
  9. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

The DB BR 101 was ALMOST a home run, the no Cab Car with the 101 really took away its value and its still hurting it to this day, the 101 is underrated in many ways but theres a reason why it is

• Like Like x 6
  10. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

This would be an amazing idea. I’d love to see HMA get some love to it’s timetable since the line doesn’t really feel busy. I’m sure DTG will eventually implement AI traffic onto HMA as that alone could make the route much busier. The 101 on HMA would also be amazing since it would be the fastest line it runs on which would make for some really fun gameplay. I think the only hurdle with the 101 being added to this route is memory issues. I think that’s why it’s not in the route in the first place. Overall though, this is a really good suggestion

• Like Like x 2
  11. driverwoods#1787

Absolutely correct and in the morning you are likely to see it arrive with sleeper train coaches the EN490/491 Hans Albers combined with EN424/425 EN 420/421 Hamburg/Aachen Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem Amsterdam section to Innsbruck Hbf via Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg. That procedure is carried out DB BR101 arrives at Munchen Hbf first DB BR363 shunts the arriving train then prepared for departure towards Innsbruck Hbf with a DB BR182 183 in ÖBB1116/1216 versions. then BR101 out of the station because the Taurus locomotives have departed München Hbf for Innsbruck.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The cab car should've come with the 101 from the start to begin with in my opinion. I would've bought the train if it did. I suspect that if the cab car was introduced, DTG would try to find a way to make it effectively a paid dlc.

As for the suggestion, it is a good suggestion but I feel like the cabcar should've been standard to begin with but oh well

• Like Like x 1
  13. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Indeed, another thing we just have to put up with. Certainly won't be paying extra for it, though.

True. It's a very good pack as it is, but would have been an unmissable DLC if the cab car had been in there.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  14. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Actually I wouldn't want to have another BR 101 in my libery just for the cabcar. I would want to have the BR 120 with that :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

I can understand that, and I agree.
    The problem would be that I already paid just for the 101 and it'd feel like paying twice for the second half of the original Loco DLC.
    And I mean, I know TSW2 is (very) expensive, but h*ck it's not supposed to be the Sims, which does actually do that.
    That way you actually get 2 seperate things and two times actually your money's worth, though I do think that they should make it so that if you own both 120 and 101 you should be able to sub either one of them, an if you're in the cabcar and it's appropriate, you should than also be able to spawn with the 101 pushing.

• Like Like x 3
  16. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

If I recall it correctly, Sam and/or Matt mentioned that DTG indeed also sees that the cab car just does belong to an Intercity. So I can't imagine they to another BR 101 DLC just with the Cabbar. It's either a new route together with BR 101 + Cabcar or it's a loco DLC with the BR 120. I rarely saw this much frust about a loco DLC as it was the case with the 101 DLC. Of coure the frust was because of the missing cab car, not the 101 which is a superb loco.

• Like Like x 1
  17. driverwoods#1787

That is actually for the Munich to Venice bologna Milan Cle Eurocity train. Owners of DB BR101 Cab Car pack can shunt those to the DB BR101 found in this pack assuming it comes with DB BR363 but can’t drive DB BR101 due to it turning left after Hackerbrucke since it uses München Hbf Salzburg Hbf via Rosenheim line. Can actually benefit from Austrian routes because DB BR101 runs the 22:50 München Hbf 23:23 Augsburg Hbf trip the Nightjet Innsbruck Hamburg Amsterdam via Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway (07:47 Duisburg HRR) and Brussels Midi via Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen where it's the 07:30 Köln Aachen 08:15 trip.

• Like Like x 2
  18. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

I like this idea just seems quite split atm with opinions. I think expansion packs are a good idea with an additional timetable like we getting with SKA. München - Augsburg is one of fave German routes just feels a tad empty pulling into München.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jolojonasgames

I mean, I myself am not even sure if this is exactly the direction I'd like to see it go. The reason I made the suggestion is to put forward another potential option (I'd rather have the cab car via a suboptimal manner than not at all), and to keep the discussion going. It's important to show there still is demand for the cab car (and BordBistro coach) to some extent, even now, to increase our chances of one day seeing it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

When I first heard about this expansion wasn't 100% sure on it I saw the new timetable for SKA with the S-Bahn service added it got my attention. Never played sand patch grade also only did a few runs on Bakerloo Line. If dtg put full Bakerloo Line service timetable yes but it's only SKA that seems to be getting a new timetable and I'm all for that if they did that with München - Augsburg a new timetable with cab car as you've suggested I'll buy day one. It's not a direction I would like to see them take do feel some routes need that extra timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

If we're being honest here, there probably is no good way to add the cab car now. No matter how you do it (this expansion pack, coming with a route, coming with a Br 120 loco DLC, ...), it'll always be perceived as paying for something you should have had in the 101 pack already. Whether that is true or not is a completely different beast (especially considering how subjective this point is, some people - including me admittedly - didn't mind the lack of the cab car that much), but that'll probably be a widespread response. Getting the cab car now requires a willingness to compromise and accept suboptimal solutions.

• Like Like x 3
  22. azurewizzard

azurewizzard New Member

Take my money and please make and release this cab car as it should have came with the 101. Making it a pack with the restaurant coach and another 101 livery is brillant. And i would buy this pack at full price, If the quality is there.

• Like Like x 2
  23. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I don't mind with extra costs, I only hope if something has a price, that it will come out with high quality

• Like Like x 2
  24. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Excellent suggestion. I would love to see the Cab Car with the DB BR 101

• Like Like x 1
  25. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Dtg definitely are going to use the expertise of tsg on this product so definitely going to be high quality

• Like Like x 2
  26. BN3140

BN3140 Member

I would have bought the BR 101 pack by now if it had the IC cab car. It's not worth purchasing without it. I'd really like to see the BR 101 pack updated to include the IC cab car and made available for any route like the new loco pack with the F7 and BR 182.

• Like Like x 1
  27. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It likely won't be a simple update cuz a cab car is a whole different train. Basically anything with a push pull setup is two different locomotives. It's better for it to be part of a separate route, add a cafe cat and then a cab car

• Like Like x 1
  28. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Yes yes yes.

Munich-Augsburg definitely deserves an InterCity layer.

Though I already own the BR 101, I would buy it. Maybe make it into a BR 101 multi-package (like the UP fallen flags) with some "advertising" liveries? They were very popular. Märklin, Baden Württemberg, what else? :love:

• Like Like x 1
  29. jolojonasgames

Especially the advertisement liveries DB made for itself (unsere preise schönen ihre geldbeutel, etc.) could be a good possibility as they would only require licensing from DB, which DTG already has.

• Like Like x 2