Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 25/01/2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jan 25, 2022.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Haven't watched last night's stream yet (selling puppies) so may well do this later and "catch up"

• Like Like x 1
  2. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Higher percentage would make more sense. If they are all waiting to be released with an update when would that update come seems like expansion pack is next to be released so would make sense to come with that in the uodste.

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I would like to see the approached once the bugs that have been worked on fixed and QA tested. They should go out for release right away, not sit and wait as has happened now. Now there is so much it will be hard to get these in a timely fashion, and waiting for a country based route release of patches just seems to be silly.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

It's worth bearing in mind that not all bugs are equal. The majority are going to be things the vast majority of players will never notice whilst others might effect a large number of players across platforms. Some bugs are quick to fix while others may take a long time to investigate and fix.

Simply boiling things down to 'we have x number of bugs and we have fixed y' is an oversimplification of the process that overlooks the severity of bugs and the complexity of fixing them.

You could say, why not focus on the most severe bugs first but that might mean delaying fixes that are quick and easy to resolve whilst waiting on the major issues to be resolved.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Does seem like these are pointless now with the lack of any real information etc. I used to enjoy these but it's now rather 'meh'

• Like Like x 10
  6. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

I certainly hope everything is going well with the Harlem line. I’m looking forward to the first screenshots whenever the time comes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Es4t

Es4t Active Member

They’re not if you know how!

8. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Sorry I am very busy these days, so may be someone else already mentioned it...

So when we will have NS Horseshoe Curve route available, now?
    I am interested on it!.
    I believe this change delaying it, was done due to Sherman Hill, was launched last month.
    In order to have another US route, with more time launch in between.

I mean, if it was delayed after the new "mysterious" Swiss route... on which stage is this route now?
    As it was never mentioned before.
    I mean how long it will take untill to be released?

Hope this new route be of standard gauge, and with modern Swiss trains!
    EMUs, and locomotives + wagons or freight cars.

Like these ones :

SBB 460 Locomotive + Swiss IC wagons SWISS 460 LOCO.jpg

SBB ETR 600 EMU
    SWISS ETR 600.jpg
    VECTRON BLS CARGO
    SWISS FREIGHT.jpg

SBB RABe 511 EMU
    SWISS RABe 511.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Selling puppies as well?? We have just had 4 litters born in the past two weeks -- so up to my elbows with the process of weighing - ensuring proper growth and making sure the puppies are on the proper weight gain path --- does cut into TSW and TSClassic time - Like you , need to play catch-up with the streams... still trying to make heads and tails ( no pun intended) of the new format.

• Like Like x 2
  10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt I believe you said its terminating at North White Plains, correct me if i am wrong

11. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Have I missed an announcement? As far as I can see there's a UK route, 2 USA routes and a Swiss route. Unless there's a Harlem somewhere in Saxony I've not come across there's most definitely no German route on the road map.

Secondly if we add up all the routes available I'm fairly certain that the UK routes outnumber both Germany & USA currently.

Look I'm happy to criticise DTG for many things but can we at least stick to factual issues rather than making stuff up?

• Like Like x 3
  12. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

It seems to me that the team is not trying the best in terms of preservation crew updates. Don't get me wrong I like the fact that they are coming out with new routes, and trainset, but the problem is that Still No Bugs fix to the core route, or the preservation update, which really hurt those who love driving the old route, but they can't because there are still bugs, drop of FPS and stuttering with sound being cut off and on; Whats is the point of coming up with new route if they're still bug and glitches and FPS problem, that still not resolved. Like another person, here said, there should be a preservation route update, whenever there is a new route released, that way, we know that the team isn't just only saying, and there is proof that they really did something.

Remember there is a saying in all thing "Action speak louder than words"

• Like Like x 2
  13. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

So am I right in thinking you’re not best pleased. ;) (Only jesting)

Adam’s team working their backside off for us and then being parked for new dlc all the time is a bit of urine extraction to the work they do.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  14. ÐFG

ÐFG New Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The holdup to releasing the Preserved Collection fixes is not entirely due to DTG's overloaded QA system, although that's certainly part of it. Another part of the problem is that Sony and Microsoft do not allow vendors to upload patches and updates whenever they want as often as they want. There are instead a finite number of "slots," and DTG have to fit all their content uploads into those reserved windows.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. solicitr

Precisely. I don't play LIRR (and I suspect many are like me) because it's currently a mess, and unless and until the ACS is fixed, I don't bother.

• Like Like x 3
  17. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Initial congratulations to Rivet for giving us a train with a decent sized front window. Be interesting to see how this develops.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

It's always third-party Sony and Microsoft that's holding up everything. Crazy

19. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Absolutely this!

Routes i personally own but don't play specifically because i'm waiting for preservation updates:
    Penn Corridor
    GWE
    Oakville
    LIRR

I'm glad they're considering other metrics and delivery options.

I think i'd vote for regular update windows be it monthly/quarterly. Whatever's ready to go gets pushed out the window.

• Like Like x 4
  20. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

It was ironie or sarcasm. :)

21. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

+1 right here.

I want to play lirr but frankly why would I when the audio on the m7 is broken. People aren't gonna play with dlc that still have issues. It's like what happened with NASCAR 21 Ingition. The game had a butload of bugs that were so bad that very few people are playing it.

I think a solution could be that DTG release massive bug and preservation crew updates Quarterly or Monthly kinda how Asobo release updates for MSFS. That would reassure players that the updates that are tested and done will be released in a short period of time rather than 1 1/2 years. This would fit perfectly with the limited number of slots dtg have to release updates as well

22. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They did say "DTGs overloaded QA system" and that's the start of the issue, but it has been said that the consoles are limited in update slots, whereas on Steam (not sure on Epic) you can update as much as you like, and in a granular fashion, so file by file if you wanted to

• Like Like x 1
  23. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

This is what I thought until Nat asked Adam will the community have to wait for 17 pieces of DLC to get all the pres updates out and he said no, it would be a lot quicker than that. So that goes against to what they were saying about slots being available they can hurry the process if they want.

Adam said the pres updates/fixes were done and dusted early December. Matt also said in Dec how DTG are going to get regular updates coming through in 2022. It is now just about two months later and a month into 2022 and not one single pres update has come forward. DTG seem more preoccupied how the forum page looks rather than getting these updates out.

Then they come up with this divisive idea on releasing updates per popularity, that insults everyone who bought a route in good faith thinking if there was a fix it would come. Then as a few posters here (including myself) have either stopped playing the pres stuff or TSW2 entirely as they are awaiting the updates (I have stopped playing entirely untill GWE receives its updates) so who is going to count these people DTG? And how many times have we been told that the forum is not the total community but taking a portion of posts on a forum that most players do not use is acceptable? Sounds like a strategy from a 5 year old. Obviously the fairest way is to release the updates in the order to when the pres route was released surely?

It just isn't unacceptable for customers having to wait all this time for updates to something they bought in good faith. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Adam say that his team were going to help with the QA to get the fixes out sooner but then Adam says he will be helping third parties. Bloody hell DTG, can't you concentrate on one thing at a time? You might find the company moves forward quicker. Spend February getting all the pres updates out that would be my advice but that will never happen.

DTG like to say they learn from lessons but they really don't. Adam said they don't want another 313 situation but sorry Adam you have already got one with the pres updates/fixes. Not Adam's fault in any way of course but still. DTG will lose custom and potentially customers over this especially if new train sims coming out prove worthy. When I used to work and was taking my time I used to be told 'Get your finger out' good advice for you there DTG.

• Like Like x 12
  24. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Shouldn't LIRR Update be on the top with the peninsula corridor since Adam says that it should be by region, which US Route is Pennisula Corridor, CSX- Sand Path Grade, and LIRR should be there as well BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE SENSE since also Harlem Line is coming?

• Like Like x 1
  25. solicitr

What he meant by that is that it's possible to bundle updates together if in aggregate they fit under Sony's and Microsoft's size cap. One big and one little, or three little, and so on. So it won't take 17 separate uploads to get 17 updates out.

26. dhekelian

If so that would mean some/most updates won't be touched this year no?

• Like Like x 2
  27. solicitr

Say what?

28. dhekelian

Do the Maths. There are 17 preserve routes yeah? And then there will be what 3 route releases this year by DTG? so that would mean there would have to be 5 pres route upgrades released per DLC leaving two if they want to release everything this year no? And that is if they can release different region pres upgrades per DLC if not then that would slow it down further. No.

Unless of course they are going to be doing more releases or maybe release updates with third party DLC but I would wager that there will be outstanding Pres route updates/fixes at the end of year going into 2023.

• Like Like x 2
  29. ormondroydj

ormondroydj Member

I personally don't buy the release slots excuse. These are recent non-critical updates with no substantial fixes from the persevered crew:
    18th Jan - Amtrak 50th Anniversary Livery with other tweaks to the game
    11th Jan - Added working railroad crossings to Sand Patch Grade. As well a few fixes to Sand Patch trains
    15 Dec - Arosa Line Update including Made minor improvements to audio including traction motor audio and windscreen wiper audio.
    14 Dec - Fixed routes showing speed limits of ‘0' Could be argued that this was game breaking therefore had special dispensation for release however DTG were able to bundle in with that update to Chur Runaround fixing expected arrival time being hard to achieve.

This is not an exhaustive list. Any of these updates could have contained more substantial updates from Preserved Crew but none were forthcoming. We've been told about delays to Preservation Updates because of a testing blockage for over 8 months now.

The last major update from the preservation crew that I can remember was the LIRR and RT update on 11th May 2021 which added PIS to those routes.

• Like Like x 9
  30. redrev1917

Since when have DTG only released 3 DLC in a year? Theres 2 on the road map already and we've already had 1 so far. You seriously think we wont see any thing else from them this year other than SOS & Harlem Line? We saw 8 routes last year alone and Id expect a similar number this year along with atleast one or two loco DLCs

31. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. I think they're using the "slots" excuse to deflect attention from their broken QA pipeline.

I own a lot of games on Xbox, and some of them are updated at least weekly if not more frequently. Maybe things are different on the Playstation side, but i can't speak to that.

• Like Like x 4
  32. redrev1917

If updates are ready (which I dont fully believe is currently the case) what sense does it make holding off PC upgrades just because of Sony and/or microsoft rules?

Adam said that they've seen higher usage on routes already upgraded so surely get them out on whatever platform youve got slots for as and when, otherwise by their own logic they are losing potential sales.

• Like Like x 2
  33. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking too. Why are they constantly chopping and changing the sizes of teams and their roles when they can't even roll out updates in a reasonable timeframe? First of all, sort out the major issues you currently have before assigning people to different roles. I can't help but think everyone at DTG is running around like headless chickens, not really knowing what is going to come out and when.

The update schedules are an absolute mess and have no consistency whatsoever in regards to what is included in them. Often we are waiting weeks, only for a relatively minor fix to finally be released. It's only a matter of time until players will have had enough.

This needs sorting. Now.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. dhekelian

I meant Route DLC not Loco and tbh I only buy UK stuff (or used to) so that's why I probably went so low. You expect Loco DLC this year? I bet it is not UK stock, even if it is as high as 8 I can still see some pres routes missing out. I hope I'm wrong and we see all the updates in the next few months but I highly doubt it, we have lost two months with DTG still talking of what they are going to do as opposed of just get on and doing it.

As said above I don't buy their slots excuse all I can think of is that they want to stall the updates as they are not cost effective which if true is a mistake imo.

• Like Like x 2
  35. redrev1917

That was 8 routes.

36. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Natalie wanted a feedback: I’m glad to find the Rapid transit DB 442 PZB is fixed, although not out yet. And: Please, Adam, help Skyhook to produce an updated DB BR187 with a working AFB/PZB/LZB! Along with the proper sound.

• Like Like x 2
  37. dhekelian

Yeah, lets get Adam and his team helping all the third parties so they do not have to concentrate on preserved routes. If the team were bigger perhaps but as their team is allegedly helping the QA staff help test the Pres updates I think this should be their priority but as we all know of course they will be signed elsewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  38. tallboy7648

That is true at least for xbox. The slot reason does sound a bit fishy unless the slots are for dlc updates but again I wouldn't be too sure

• Like Like x 1
  39. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think a large part of the release slots issue is them being able to create the release builds on all the platforms and getting them tested, packaged up and ready to go out rather than it being a limit imposed on them by the console manufacturers. It’s an internal process by a separate team that all needs scheduling and the work has to fit their capacity. We get updates prior to all releases and sometimes they are big and some times they are tiny with very little other than the core being made ready for the DLC coming a few days later. Those update releases need to be maximised to contain a lot more but that’s the bit they are struggling with, getting stuff ready and into the slots rather than the slots themselves being limited by external parties. I’ve pieced that together in my head from what I remember them saying in streams over a period of time so it might not be totally accurate but that’s how it appears to me.

• Like Like x 6
  40. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Of course it's all lies and excuses ... It used to be that they didn't want the download sizes to be too big, now it's that there aren't enough slots. The people on these forums who swallow these excuses whole and keep buying new content on day one are absolute suckers.

• Like Like x 5
  41. tallboy7648

Now that makes more sense. I never heard of Microsoft for example imposing restrictions to the amount of updates a game can get. If that was the case, Fortnite for example wouldn't have all the updates it gets

• Like Like x 4
  42. tallboy7648

Suckers is probably a strong way to put it. But it is odd that their reasons as you point out keep changing. I wonder if dtg themselves just can't put a finger on the problem and are running around like clueless pigeons

People have spent money on these dlcs are understandably frustrated by the amount of time it is taking for preservation updates to get out the door. DTG have tested the patience of many players and understandably, some players patience are running out. Not everyone wants to get the next shiny dlc. If dtg doesn't sort this out, then some will just lose interest all together. That wouldn't be good for dtg.

I hope they sort this out soon because for people who spent money on these dlcs only to be met with a defective product, it just isn't accecptable that it's taking a year in some instances for updates to be released and DTG constantly changing their reasons as to why this is the case

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  43. Michael Newbury

I couldn't agree with you more on this, I myself cannot understand why DTG cannot release updates on more frequent schedule. I have invested a lot of money into this sim myself.

My biggest investment was the raildriver as it was promised to be made workable in TSW. To this day only a select few locos actually have been done. They say the rest are done and are just waiting for release. At this rate who knows when that will be exactly, things keep changing and we get a different reason each time.

At this point I think it would be best if they just do one big update and get it over with. Otherwise who knows how much longer we could potently end up waiting.

• Like Like x 8
  44. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Does anyone know how many months it has been since they announce the Metro North- Harlem Line? i believe it is close to 3 months already, and still no News.

• Like Like x 1
  45. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

Actually more like two months because they announced it on November 30.

46. solicitr

Chill. It takes 6 to 9 months to develop a route.

• Like Like x 2
  47. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

So we have to wait until June? :o

• Like Like x 1
  48. Michael Newbury

At the very least June

49. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

There have been plenty of minor patches over the last few months without any preservation updates thrown into those batches. Lack of QA does appear to the major culprit.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  50. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

If one route takes at least 6 months, they should have enough time to put it in the interior of the grand central terminal.