Reset Br Class 395 After Tvm Emergency Brake

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by apophis55, Feb 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

Hi,

Long time watcher, first time poster.

I was playing SEHS, on my way to stratford intl, while slowing down with TVM, i didn't slow down fast enough triggering an emergency brake. I had all safety systems on.

After coming to a halt, i tried to reset to get going again. I tried a complete shutdown and then start up procedure again. Tried isolating safety systems. Nothing worked.

Can anyone pleasse offer any help/advice?

Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

i believe you need to when stop, put it back in emergancy and back to full break, im trying to get the dlc this weekend so will investigate

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Okay so here is what I did. Emergency is activated and annoying alarm goes off.

Hit the giant yellow tvm reset button then put throttle to 4 then quickly back to full brakes and it should turn off. I'm sure there is prob a better way but first attempts that worked.

4. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

With regards to anything that causes the emergency brake loop to de-energise* and therefore leading to an automatic emergency brake application, you need to move power-brake controller to EMERGENCY and then back out of emergency in order to regain control of the brakes.
    *e.g. TPWS, AWS, DSD, ETCS, etc... which will cause a major alarm in the cab.

This is a quirk with the Class 800s/395s. Another interesting thing about 800s (not sure about 395s) is that if you put the train into EMERGENCY on the Power-brake controller, you can still regain control of the brakes. Whereas most other traction, the train will come to a stop before you can regain control of the brakes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This is not however the case with US systems, where to recover from a PCS trip you want to put the brake in full service, but not in emergency.

6. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

I hate PCS tripping on the CRR F7! Makes the limited power scenario extremely tricky!

• Like Like x 2
  7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

It also affects sand Patch Grade SD40-2 and GP38-2 the way I do this is completely cold start the locomotive that should cause PCS to disappear. Option 2 is turn off the Alerter then go cold start.

8. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

First of all, the thread is almost from a year ago. So this is necro bumping. Secondly the safety systems of US routes is completely and utterly irrelevant to this discussion. DTG Natster or DTG JD could you please lock this thread?

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Uh,-oh, the hall monitor spotted us! Quick, run, before he gets the Assistant Principal!

• Like Like x 1
  10. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Locked for necro bumping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.