Some Licenced Liveries Will Be Allowed On Creators Club

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by highland beastie, Jan 23, 2022.

1. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

It's early days yet. We need to wait and see.
    Hopefully there will be more to come.
    Definitely a positive sign.

2. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

This entire thing is just the definition of idiocracy. Licensed repaints not allowed to be shared because of "copyright" reasons? People? If there would exist something like that, how would you brains explain Omsi 1 & 2, Transport Fever 1 & 2, Fernbus Simulator, Bus Simulator 2012 and the most obvious of all:Train Simulator? Comes to a total of hundreds of thousands repaints with an incredible large number of so called "licensed repaints", but ever heard of any of these pay a billions in fines because of it?
    And now being excited about some Licensed stuff to be allowed like seriously guys how stupid are you?

• Like Like x 3
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I could explain it to you, but it would take too long.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Copyright is a thing in railways. It may sound silly that other games get away with these things but DTG relies on licenses to make dlc. Nobody wants unbranded trains so dtg are playing it safe

• Like Like x 7
  5. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Here's a question: how many of those games have a close relationship with countless licensors and provide their own proprietary platform with which to share branded liveries that don't have to be approved by the licensor? I'm going to guess it's less than 1.

• Like Like x 5
  6. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

When I heard Sam talking about custom liveries and finally being able to share them I got the impression he was saying offically you could not share licensed liveries but implied unofficially you could. Maybe I read him wrong.

Then Matt said you wouldn't want DTG to release unbranded content, well Matt, release a decent editor and I would love it, As the modders would release content with no bar to licences.

What if someone created a livery that say had the colour scheme of a Virgin train without the logo, would that be allowed? And what about a logo on a train without the right colour scheme?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Clumsy Pacer

These are the sort of questions that can only be answered through time, however I do know you have to license Virgin's livery as well as the logo, and they're quite protective of it (there's a reason AP products don't include the newer Virgin liveries, and the branding patches don't apply to the old Virgin livery).
    If you use a company's logo on a livery but change the colour (which I'm assuming is what you're on about) - you're still using that company's logo, and they may well be a bit ticked off at you.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Yeah, but there will always be some wishing to push the envelope as it were Like doing the Virgin colour scheme in Black or misspelling the logo, but as you say time will tell.

9. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Once CrossCountry gets Train Sim World representation, I can die happy.

10. Clumsy Pacer

May have to wait until DB sell Arriva then (I'm assuming they're still trying to). It seems they stopped renewing the licenses after DB started trying to flog them about 90 billion millennia ago. Would be nice to see CrossCountry represented though.

• Like Like x 1