New Nec Bugs. My Findings Within.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by podinc, Jan 28, 2022.

1. podinc

podinc Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Took some screenshots of the new loco livery.
    [​IMG]
    found out some bugs for all train types. The time required column is wacky. Unsure if it affects scheduling.
    [​IMG]
    The ACSES systems is still buggy. But now it affects Amtrak High speed trains.
    (I've check the line further up for traffic)

[​IMG]
    To add injury to insult, the loco brakes when I didn't apply any form of braking.

TLDR : The update makes the ACSES worse.

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I've also noticed that the display sometimes shows dynamic braking effort even when crusing in idle, which I've found weird.

Kind of funny and sad at the same time that they've yet again managed to break more stuff with an update.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s getting really silly how updates are breaking the game. The whole thing is a mess and it’s not getting any better - despite assurances that DTG is learning from past mistakes. I’m not seeing much evidence of them doing so. My time playing TSW 2 has dropped significantly. I’m just not enjoying it as much anymore as I’m constantly expecting something to go wrong.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Dinosbacsi

[QUOTE="Mat_Jam_Ca, post: 446474, member: 19004"My time playing TSW 2 has dropped significantly. I’m just not enjoying it as much anymore as I’m constantly expecting something to go wrong.[/QUOTE]
    Sadly it's the same for me too. Though I've always had these phases of train-simming and not-train-simming come and go in waves, but I recently got to another phase where my interest for TSW dropped and I've started playing other games again.

And it's quite refreshing to play other games that actually feel complete and don't frustrate me to hell with their countless issues and shortcomings and I really enjoy myself. I wish TSW could offer the same feeling to me as well.

I don't know what happens at DTG that always ends up in buggy and broken releases (alongside of often already providing the minimum), but I wish they could really improve. I don't know if what they need is just more staff, or more time or increased prices, but something should really happen, because I often feel like they're getting nowwhere, even though they don't seem lazy, they seem like a passionate group. Yet something always keeps going wrong.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  5. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

I've often wondered if it would be better to do a beta phase for 8 weeks or so before the release of each track, gathering feedback from the community.

It is always said that due to the many services / possibilities in the game it is almost impossible to test everything with the existing capacities of the QA team. I can see that. But why not use the feedback from the community? After 8 weeks of beta testing a track you probably get a ton of feedback about problems on the track (broken services, broken signals, bugs in the scenery).

I think the problem is really not finding all these hidden bugs, even if the community would support the QA team in a beta phase. Rather, the problem is that there is no capacity to then fix all those bugs that are found, partly because DTG already has to go "full steam ahead" on the next route to be profitable.

6. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

By the way, I have a few questions about the route:

1) ATC/ACSES with the F40PH / cab car: when a speed reduction is issued, I have to confirm. With the ACS64, I then move the brake to the "suppression" position. How hard do I have to brake with the F40PH / with the cab car? Is there a "suppression"-position too?

2) Something is wrong with the cab car, it seems. It accelerates so badly that you can never even come close to keeping the timetable. I even have the feeling that it brakes all the time. Is there anything else that needs to be taken into account, some hidden function / valve, or is the pusher F40PH incorrectly configured by default?

7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I still play about as much as always, but avoid some routes (that I paid good money for). LIRR, NEC I don't touch, and I'm pulling away from Sherman Hill- all because of borked signaling/ATC (also, I have to swap .ini files just to get SH to run at all).

But I can still have fun driving routes released back when DTG's quality control was up to snuff- there is a lot of fun to be had in SPG, MSB, RSN and NTP. All, note, without 'updates' that just add chrome. What I, and I think most of us, want is not platform climb-up, but routes that aren'rt frustratingly buggy.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

For me, CRR, LBM and most of the German routes are done well and drive without many issues. I have tried BC several times and each there are issues that make the game play bad/broken. SH is ok, but it's basically an out and back route other than the SD40-2 switching.

9. Dinosbacsi

I agree. The other day I booted up TSW after like a week of not playing and decided to go a run on Cathcart Circle. I really enjoyed it - no bugs, pretty good scenery, a well made train with good sounds, the only problem I really had along the ride were the tree LODs popping in. But anyway, I had fun. After arriving to Glasgow, I decided to stay in freeroam and continue the service the other way as well, just for the game to crash after like 3 minutes after leaving station... So I went back to playing Planet Zoo instead.