Out Now: Raton Pass: Trinidad - Raton Route Add-on

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Luke, Aug 9, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The much anticipated Raton Pass: Trinidad - Raton Route Add-On by Milepost Simulations for Train Simulator 2018 is now available!

One of America’s most famous and challenging railroading experiences – hauling Santa Fe tonnage and leading Amtrak’s Southwest Chief over the rugged Sangre de Cristo Mountains of Colorado and New Mexico – now awaits you with the new Train Simulator Raton Pass route!

Developed by Milepost Simulations (creators of noted Train Simulator routes including Canadian Mountain Passes and Clear Creek Narrow Gauge), the new Raton Pass route re-creates the 1990s when Raton Pass was host to Santa Fe warbonnet diesels totting intermodals, coal, grain, and manifests as well as Amtrak’s stylish Superliner-equipped Southwest Chief.

• Like Like x 4
  2. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

I can't buy it from either the Dovetail site or Steam. What happened to the "available worldwide"? :| Not dissapointed but a little bummed out.

3. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

u can buy it from dtg store

4. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

When I click on it I get 404 page cannot be found. Also it won't appear when I go through the dlc list either.

5. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

this is what dtg said on twitter to me
    Hi there. There's a problem with the Non-US page on Steam, we're working on getting this sorted with Steam ASAP

6. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Yep.
    Hi guys, sorry I couldn't get right back, was in a meeting.
    We've had to release Raton Pass in 2 versions, the US and non-US versions. The non-US version on Steam is currently not showing it's buy button, we're aware of this and are working to get it resolved ASAP.
    On the Dovetail Store, it's not available in the US, so the Rest Of World link isn't working either. It is however reachable via the UK, EU or AUS links:
    UK: https://store.dovetailgames.com/uk/product/486862/raton-pass-trinidad-raton-route-add-on
    EU: https://store.dovetailgames.com/eu/product/486877/raton-pass-trinidad-raton-route-add-on
    AUS: https://store.dovetailgames.com/au/product/486867/raton-pass-trinidad-raton-route-add-on

• Like Like x 2
  7. CrazyGecko

CrazyGecko Active Member

Thanks for the link.

8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Hoping this can be fixed soon.

9. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Well worth the price for this route -- hope they get the purchase button worked out - just ran n East bound Passenger then a West bound freight - keeps you on your toes with balancing your dynamics and train brakes and avoiding wheel slip - great runs

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I agree it is well worth the money even though I have the non-logo version, really am enjoying the route.

11. jtousign

jtousign New Member

Who is the damn idiot at SantaFe not allowing us from other countries to see their logo??? So stupid!! :mad::mad::mad:

12. LeadCatcher

No one at Santa Fe since is doesn’t exist as an independent entity any more. It is part of BNSF and it their policy on their licensing to only allow distribution in the country their trademark resides. This has been hashed and rehashed to death in the Steam forums for many years.

On the can’t load the Dash8 40 CW - sounds as if you might have gotten a dodgy download from steam - in the Steam library, right click on the TS program and go to properties - on the DLC tab uncheck the Raton Pass DLC and what a minute or so and then re-tick the DLC - that will force a re-download and hopefully correct the problem.

13. jtousign

jtousign New Member

Thanks LeadCatcher, I did it and everything is OK now. ;)

14. jtousign

jtousign New Member

You're right, SantaFe has Nothing to do with that issue, I meant BNSF in fact, sorry for that mistake. It's idiot whatever Reason!

15. LeadCatcher

Great to hear you have it sorted - glad I could be of some help. Enjoy the route. ( I am sure reskins will come to help all outside of the US to get the proper liveries — I saw a BNSF livery for TSW announced on RailworksAmerica.com Not sure if it is available, but the developer had several screenshots and it looked fantastic.)

16. jtousign

jtousign New Member

You're right, RWA will provide a lot of repaints locos to remedy that in the near future! Thanks again for your help! ;)