Blown Out Speaker Sound

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by space_ace96, Jan 31, 2022.

Tags:
  1. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

So I just picked up LGV on the Steam sale, and the train audio sounds like it's coming through a blown out speaker. There's no issues with my laptop as it plays louder music and video just fine, and most other trains don't sound like this with the exception of the external view using the Talent 2 from SKA. Anyone else experience this and know a solution?

2. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

TGV sounds inside the cab are quite realistic for such a train type. Don´t forget that this cab is also soundproof as in most of the modern high speed trains. You will barely ear anything except the main switch open/close and engine´s converters fans (as they are in the engine room behind driver´s seat) together with the cab´s air conditioning. You will also clearly notice the high pitch sound of the wheels on the rails, specially at lower speeds. The modern high speed engines are really silent from the driver´s cab position.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  3. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

I'm not questioning the sound's accuracy, but the sound quality seems heavily distorted, the same way things sound when coming out of a blown out or damaged speaker, like the audio is peaking, but it can't be because all my other audio sounds fine. A couple of other trains have this issue as well. I have edited the .ini to increase master volume because TSW has pretty low volume at 100%. Could that be related?

4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Yes, that could be it. I remember having distorted voiceover audio, just as you describe, when TSW2 first came out because I upped the volume in my GameUserSettings.ini. This sounds like it might be related.

Cheers

5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Aaahh ok, I understand now. Yes, I have also set my volume like you. Sound volumes are definitely too low in game. I have now master and FX valomes set to 150%.

Cheers