Is There A Way To Mark A Scenario As Completed Without Actually Completing The Scenario?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blazin, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Is there any way to get a scenario marked as completed without actually playing through the scenario? I'm wondering this because there are some scenarios I have that are broken and are impossible to complete, and I want them to mark as completed.

2. andy.malcolm

andy.malcolm Active Member

You can do it with TS Tools...

upload_2022-2-1_9-19-48.png

3. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

I just delete broken scenarios, if I can’t mend them.

4. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So you want to get all the points for something without actually doing it - and you are asking how to Cheat the system

6. hayward.john48

er - not in so many words!

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I think it is more for scenarios that are broken and unable to be achieved. I could take a 400 maximum point scenario and mark it as 1,000 for instance. The question however pertains to a checkbox, it is a good way to keep track of scenarios played if you do not intend to replay it anyway so you do not retrace ground.

8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Just try it. Let's see how intelligent TS is, cause I think there's entries in the SDBCache named "tamperedWith"...

And by the way. There is a super easy way to repair career scenarios yourself without making them illegitimate MD5-wise.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2022
  9. hayward.john48

That explains how some folks manage to get 1000 when the d--n thing is impossible, I always wondered but now I don't care. Career scenarios - never do them, always convert to Standard.

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

You don't have to convert them, just disable Career scoring in the Game Settings.

11. hayward.john48

Yes, you mentioned this before and I have - old habits die hard.

12. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Torf
    True but they will still display the faults and errors and will even stop the scenario, exactly in the same way as when the scenario was run in Career Mode. You just won't get a score!
    This applies even if you convert them to Standard.
    I use the editor to remove any time constraints ie deadlines, failure messages, potential SPADS etc. I can then run these scenarios without having to run them as if I was a Formula One driver that has just had a bad pit-stop!

13. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Right, but sometimes I enjoy running a realistic passenger timetable with the pressure the real driver has, I found Birmingham XC Up and Down the Valley to be quite enjoyable. In Japan the driver gets fired if he's more than a few seconds late I heard... in Germany half an hour is not worth mentioning because of money-saving-timetable-tightening rubbish.

14. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Yes, the AP scenarios are interesting as they are (in many cases) TIMETABLED scenarios (JT had a few too) and again you have to run to a strict timetable.

15. hayward.john48

Just to be clear - I do, via the editor, remove the time constraints from the timetables after I have converted and I am glad that I am not driving in Japan!
    I do endeavour to cover the ground in a reasonable time but “don’t worry be happy” is more important to me. I particularly enjoy shunting/switching and then it’s more important to get it right rather than to a timetable especially those with only a few marshalling instructions.

16. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I did that too on a few scenarios I just want to enjoy, unticking the clock checkmark. Note that some scenarios rely on this, for the following reason:

The dispatching is done before the scenario is started. For example if you want to have your freight train stop at a siding to let a following passenger train pass you by on the mainline, the dispatcher needs to know before start if you will be at that siding the time the pax train passes you, otherwise it will wait for you and have a red signal. Therefore you have to set a timed stop (you can be generous though), and as it is a stop instruction you won't have to stay the whole time there actually, you're allowed to continue as soon as your signal allows.

This took me some time to figure out and much frustration before I understood how the dispatcher works.

17. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Waves a flag.

Speeding in the pits. Come back in on the next lap.