Any Way To Get A Gold Medal After Getting Silver Or Copper?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by George C. Barnes, Feb 2, 2022.

1. George C. Barnes

George C. Barnes Member

I got silver or copper medals on some scenarios, and I tried to rerun that, but the medal seems not gonna update. I still got the original medal(silver||copper) even my points were already over what the gold medal requested.

Is it a bug, or it's by design? Players will only be evaluated once for medals on each scenario and can't change forever?

2. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Usually it updates your medal if you get a better one.

Note: Journey medals are not updated if you do scenarios / services outside of journey mode.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Basically, the game is made for each run (timetable, scenario, etc) to be done only once, best example the most versatile part, the Journey can be done again, once it is mark as done you can not do it ever again

4. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

That's just wrong in so many ways. You can do any service (timetable) or scenario as many times as you like, I re-play services all the time. Journey mode is the least versatile part of the game, its just a playlist of timetable services and scenarios with pre set weather.

• Like Like x 4
  5. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Well, if they are intended to be replayed, then why are they then marked a completed
    Also Journey mode is THE most interesting part of the game, as when you complete a run it will get you into the next run right away no need to waste hours going back to the main menu and then reset all the parameters of a run

6. fatnslo#7264

fatnslo#7264 Member

Does Journey mode have dynamic weather?

7. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

No.

8. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

This isn’t true at all. Journey mode is the most simplistic way to play TSW and mostly there to show you what a loco/route has to offer. The majority of the gameplay can be found in service mode while scenarios have you doing more unusual tasks.

Journey mode does indeed let you run another service right away but it isn’t back-to-back, you go through a loading screen and then you do the next one, which most of the time, isn’t related to the previous service. You also have to setup the train all over again.

In service mode, if you play a multi-part service. You can select the return to free roam option and start the next part of the service, no loading screens and the train is in the same state as the first service since you haven’t had to reload the game. You also get to do stuff like shutting down a cab and changing ends this way rather than automatically being in the right cab when you load journey mode.

If you enjoy journey mode more, that’s perfectly fine, we’re all different :)

The main core of the TSW experience as a whole though is it’s service mode timetables.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  9. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Only me bothered by the use of the term "Copper Medal"??? :D:D:D

• Like Like x 4
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I know that if I run a service in Timetable that happens to be in Journey, I see the medal listed in the Journey menu.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

At least this is the way it used to work. Haven't tried lately.

Update: Just checked with service 2L62 Brigton -> Lewes that is part of the journey. Current behaviour is it will update the medal, but will not checkmark the journey service as done.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022