Will Class 43 And 166 Have Livery Designer Ready For Creation Club?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

At the moment I dont even know if the pres team know to be honest as all the routes are in or waiting for testing. Adam did say that the routes would more or less release in the list they are at present (see below) apart from Sand patch grade, but its not guranteed that this might change. So yeah who knows.

Regards

Hentis

• Sand Patch Grade update
    • Peninsula Corridor upgrade
    • Great Western Express upgrade
    • Northern Trans-Pennine upgrade
    • Ruhr-Sieg Nord upgrade
    • Oakville Subdivision upgrade
    • Tees Valley Line upgrade
    • Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr upgrade
    • Rhein-Ruhr Osten upgrade
    • Schnellfahrstrecke Köln update
    • East Coastway upgrade
    • MP36PH-3C Baby Bullet update
    • MP15DC Switcher update
    • Main Spessart Bahn update
    • Rapid Transit update
    • Long Island Railroad update
    • West Somerset Railway update

• Like Like x 1
  3. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Adam said that they stopped doing livery designer support for a bit to get things completed faster. I do know the Class 43 and 166 are one of those trains that won't have livery support for awhile.

4. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

I can confirm no. Neither the Creators Club nor the GWE update listed on the roadmap will provide Livery Designer support for the HST or Class 166. Livery Designer compatibility currently has its own work schedule and isn't aligned to the Preserved Collection updates. The HST and 166 are high on the desire list for Livery Designer compatibility, but are yet to be done. If that changes before the GWE update comes out, it'll be confirmed in the release notes.

Among other things (he is in high demand at the moment) Jake is working on getting Livery Designer implemented on a Class 47.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  5. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Just out of interest, the 101s based on the GWE classic DLC can be given different liveries thanks to livery designer... However they can't be used on other routes, any chance of that being sorted in the future?

• Like Like x 2
  6. TrainSim-Adam

Hiya, what's the context? Scenario Planner, Timetable mode? Also what combination are you trying that doesn't work?

If you can submit a support ticket with these details as well that way it'll be logged in the system in case I forget.

7. SubwayRailfanner

Are we ever going to be able to use our Liveries in timetable mode for the LIRR?

8. TrainSim-Adam

At this current moment in time, no.

This was something we had hoped to address with the LIRR update last year. However, upon further investigation, we noticed some significant complications. When attempting a "fix" we noticed the M3 train could no longer be selected.

After speaking with engineers they explained that the current setup allows for either M7 reskins to be available, or for the M3 to swap in. Not both.

One proposed solution was to provide the M3 with its own copy of the LIRR timetable. This would give one M7 version and one M3 version each with reskin compatibility, but you'd never see either train on the other timetable.

Another proposed solution was to provide different car length versions of the M7 and M3 trains in the Livery Designer as separate entries (the Mx trains are 2 cars long, but are coupled together to make longer trains in service > 6/8/10/12 car lengths)

However, the designer does not currently allow a reskin to be copied from one entry to another, only between vehicles of the same entry, and so you'd have to recreate a design completely from scratch for each entry or it would only appear on the one you'd reskinned.

Neither were seen as elegant solutions, so we have kept the current arrangement. The M3 can swap into services on the timetable, but reskins cannot be selected.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Adam, Taking advantage of the topic that the LIRR locos are under discussion, getting off topic a little (I'm sorry for that), We're out of traction sound on the M7's since the engine update, is the sound restoration on the radar?

10. SubwayRailfanner

Oh wow that's really unfortunate. We LIRR fans always have bad luck. Hopefully one day there's is a solution for this. Be cool to have a DLC its getting a little boring just seeing one other train and It's kinda a pain creating a whole scenario just to use a Livery. But can we please avoid this from happening for the Harlem Line. I have some awesome livery ideas. I don't want to go through the same thing with that route as well.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TrainSim-Adam

M7 sounds - On the radar? Yes. I've previously mentioned that audio improvements have been difficult for the Preservation Team to complete, but with work going on for the Harlem Line and its trains, Martin has been in communication with that team about how the M7 audio can be improved.

• Like Like x 3
  12. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Got it TrainSim-Adam, thank you very much, we believe that the sound of the M7 doesn't need to be improved (refined), just restored, since we didn't hear the traction sound.
    >>> NYP - Hicksville: Traction sound only audible in the last two cars;
    >>> Hicksville - NYP: Traction sound audible only in the first two cars.

Anyway, we trust in your work to restore normality in this line that we love so much, LIRR was the first DLC I bought after purchasing TSW2, and it's one of my favorites.

13. SubwayRailfanner

Awesome and hopefully we can use our liveries in timetable mode on the Harlem Line.

14. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Basically, livery compatibility works on the class 101 for diesel legends, however if you make a custom scenerio ( say 3 car on NTP, using the diesel legends 101 ) there is no option to use a custom livery.

I must say I'm surprised that the 43 and 166 hasnt made livery editor this time round, which then asks the questions,
    1, will it ever get it?
    2, are we/could we be looking at another 6-12 months before it's even considered?
    Or 3, would it be easier ( maybe more time consuming ) to remake the 43 and 166, and sell them on sort of like what happened will diesel legends?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

The GWE 101 Livery select works on timetable mode on Legends of the Western, But if I want to drive a 101 on any other route such as TVR or West Cornwall Local or WSR, I can't choose the GWE 101 variant with the livery select.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Skyz2020

Thank you TrainSim-Adam

Kind of given up on getting the 43

By this Christmas I will be 3 years, I think its clear that someone (not adam) is holding this back... most likely to stop people creating their own 43 liverys ready for paid 43 dlc this year pherhaps... maybe that's synical.. but as others have mentioned been way to long now

• Like Like x 3
  17. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I fully agree, I've said this for about 12 months already, maybe a new route some where?

• Like Like x 2
  18. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Just to correct you, Livery Designer Support was added to the roadmap in September 2020, so by September 2022, it will be 2 years. Still way to long. I understand that the process can take a while, but the 43 and 166 are some of the most brought locos of TSW (not just TSW2) and TS Classic and have (particularly the 43) the most livery potential out of any UK Loco. Think of it. All 3 of the InterCity liveries. Virgin Trains West Coast. Virgin Trains East Coast. Virgin CrossCountry. The earlier First Great Western Liveries. LNER. GNER. East Coast. CrossCountry. Scotrail and thats just to name a few. The 377 (the first loco to recieve Livery Support)? Southeastern, which conveniently had just had its own 375 come out in the same week. Gatwick Express maybe? GWR? Thats all that comes to mind. It is surprising that the HST and 166 did not get it first. I do think your theory that someone outside of adams group is holding something back could be true. A HST DLC for WCL would be realistic and being a modern DLC, should it be made, would support Livery Designer. It would be a waste making an essentially rebranded HST when you would be able to make your own livery (especially with the Unofficial Editor that trainsimcz is making for PC, which is hoped to eventually be able to create custom timetables in service mode) for free

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Skyz2020

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Might as well close this one up.

What a disappointing unit of a game this has become.

Still tick tock, can't keep treating customers like this, as Matt said once "no dlc sale = no need for comms team/preservation crew etc"

Think I will vote with my feet like others have

Good luck DTG,

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

...and this is why we got all the polls, ok...

So I am also disappointed that there is no livery editor compatibility for the 43 and 166, in particular the 43. I am not so cynical I think they are keeping a gap for DLC though.

I think it is to do with the GWR embossed on the side of the 43 which would still be there if you put a different livery on. I suspect they would need to use the FGW model as the basis for a livery designer version of the train but although we can unlock this version with its FGW livery with a certain mod it appears they are not so easily usable in game in the normal course of events, even by the devs.