Train Sim World 2- The Start Of A New Journey

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 4, 2022.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

New_Journeys_kolnarticle_header.jpg
    Start a new journey and revisit the incredible routes featured in Trains Sim World 2 from a whole new perspective with a new expansion!

Read the article here

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 25
  2. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Only DB423 layer is included? There won't be a DB101 layer?

• Like Like x 3
  3. lovetrains 3628

lovetrains 3628 Active Member

They are talking about the pack in the next few weeks We've had a live stream in whats inclueded already

4. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I hope that Line Numbers (S12/S19) will be added before the release.

• Like Like x 10
  5. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

They’ve already said what’s included

6. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

Looks good so far but I noticed the BR 423 displays are LED which is innacurate, I know this is an expansion pack but you could have ported the BR 425 displays into the 423 at least. (this is what the destination displays should look like.)
    Screenshot_20220204-162408_Google.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  7. lovetrains 3628

yes i know

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

I was getting ready excited then, I thought they meant route extensions.
    Oh well this is still good news and older routes will feel fresh.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mikeypl

mikeypl New Member

If it is not coming with this DLC, potentially it will come as a free update to the Core game (when they do the preservation update for the route come out in many many months time!)?

10. Brendan Millea

Brendan Millea Member

This whole expansion pack is nice and all, but it’s a waste of money for me, so I’m not getting it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

• Like Like x 6
  12. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

If you own RRO then you already get the S-bahn services and the route long Aachen empty stock moves in the morning and evening.
    The unit used is subbed in from RRO so slightly inaccurate but you are getting the same experience.

I don’t really understand what value this pack has unless you don’t own RRO.

13. lovetrains 3628

is it possibe to this link in the opening post?

14. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

For u it might be useless but it adds gameplay to the 3 core routes. Which is imo nice to see, it adds the right Sbahn trains for SKA and bigger timetable. We might see in the future more of this, better or not we don't know but this is a start

• Like Like x 8
  15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

an article about nothing

• Like Like x 5
  16. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Read this from the Xbox Series X in game news section and will this allow the use of Riesa-Dresden Locomotives including the MRCE BR185.5 updated version to do freight with ocean Network Express containers updated DB BR146.2 DB BR143 slow speed will not allow you to match the timetable RE1 services. Speaking of the DB BR423 S-Bahn Köln is the interior changed or straight up reskinned Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg version.

17. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

uh huh

• Like Like x 2
  18. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

What an absolute joke this pack is. It is advertised as coming with an S-Bahn Köln 423 which it clearly doesn't, the 423 in this is the Munich one with a Köln Logo on the front which I estimate took around 2 hours to make, you didn't even change the PIS colour to green. The only remotely good part of this pack is the improved TT for SKA and even that is only as good as it is because Joe took some extra time he had to add some more services here and there. This is not DTG trying to give players something nice to play with, this is DTG trying to push a pack out with as little work as possible, and it shows. Such a shame.

• Like Like x 13
  19. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

"Join Matt and JD on Twitch or YouTube at Midday PDT / 8 PM BST / 9 PM CEST"

I think you mean 8PM GMT, not BST. We are still in winter. :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I can almost guarantee that they won't be, for line numbers to work on the PIS the train needs to be set up to support this, and given that the reskin ("It's never just a reskin") was as low effort as can be I don't see them adding line numbers.

• Like Like x 6
  21. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Look, the Köln 423 was made in two hours at most, it still has the modernised interior and the colours on the outside are nowhere near wheathered enough to be the Köln ones. If they were interested in making an actual Köln 423 they would've done the PIS from the start. I don't think pointing it out will make them change it.

• Like Like x 7
  22. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

If the expansion had resolved the Bakerloo Line’s dispatcher issue and brought the line up to the full daily service schedule, AND added additional S-bahn services to SKA, AND added more services to SPG, then I would have been interested.

But the re-skins of the era-inappropriate Clinchfield SD-40 and era-inappropriate 1972 LUL stock are baffling choices that were pretty low effort. For all the negativity around Diesel Legends of the Great Western, at least it provided a completely new timetable and completely different experience on the Great Western route.

• Like Like x 7
  23. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Strange, a couple of weeks ago, everyone whines at the forums why not layering the München423 on SKA, now, when they do, the same people are whining that it don't have the right interiors... these whiners can be super annoying.... :(.

• Like Like x 19
  24. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Maybe because we're paying for it now? They're saying "Look, we made a Köln 423, please give us money". When all they did was add a logo to the front. If pointing out low effort DLCs makes me a whiner then so be it.

• Like Like x 22
  25. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, DTG isn't the salvation army, as it's quite some hours of work to almost double the number of playable services, adding additional AI services at Köln, and some other things, well, yes, it has it's price...

• Like Like x 10
  26. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Some people are just never happy. No matter what DTG puts out, we get the usual stream of complaining, whining, and asking why this or that was not included. It gets tiring.

I am glad they are adding content to existing routes. This could be the start of something new.

• Like Like x 20
  27. BigMountain555

You don't have to pay for it if you don't want to, just like they don't have to give it away free. Nothing is free. Go make your own expansion pack and give it away for free. I hope it's 100% perfect in every single way.

• Like Like x 8
  28. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

And do you want to know why we have those extra services? Because Joe addem them while the TT was cooking. And my best guess is that that counts as his free time as far as DTG is concerned. So yes, the extra services are nice, but there's still a lot missing (understandable that Joe didn't add all services, he was already puishing it time wise) and the only thing worth paying for isn't in it because DTG wanted it to be, it's because one of the Devs really does care about the product.

And I feel the need to remind you just how low effort the 423 is, the only thing that changed is the logo on the side and the destinations, that doesn't make it a Köln 423 or a train that has had a lot of effort go into it.

• Like Like x 5
  29. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

"You can also look forward to liveries for the the 1972 Stock, SD40 and the new loco with the DB BR 423 included."

What is the new loco being referred to? Is it the SD40? Is it just badly worded? It is not clear to me.

• Like Like x 5
  30. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I am more than happy to congratulate DTG when they make a good product, Dresden - Chemnitz is great for example and I'm really enjoying. So is Dresden - Riesa and BML, despite having it's issues, is enjoyable and well made overall. But this just isn't one of their good products and I honestly don't see what everyone is getting so excited about. There has been little to no changes made to the stock and the TT, while definitely being an improvement, is not a big enough of an addition to justify paying for it.

• Like Like x 7
  31. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

Lovely stuff! But it does sound a bit like a Deluxe edition of the initial product, right?

Don't forget to layer the Railpool BR185 as well, it is a regular over there too!

• Like Like x 2
  32. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Not sure what they mean by that, but no, there isn't a properly new loco included in this. You'll be getting a reskin for the 72 TS, the SD 40 and the BR 423 as well as some scenarios for BKL and SPG and an improved TT for SKA.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

So, I'm happy to get the 423 and services on SKA.
    Of course, coud have been better with correct FIS-color and layout. The interior is not that worse, when driving I take the drivers look or qtch drvining from outside the train, so interior is not that kind of important to me.

• Like Like x 1
  34. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Good news, DTG, indeed but when do we get all those updates and fixes to old poor preserved routes? Any news regarding to it?

• Like Like x 1
  35. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

I'll give this one a pass, like the "diesel legends". Feels they tried to hodgepodge together enough stuff to call it an expansion pack and justify a price tag, but I'm sorry to say that in another game these would probably been part of a free update. But if someone thinks it's worth paying for, good for them I guess!

• Like Like x 6
  36. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I have always been a big fan of SKA as well as the view, instrument cluster, and LZB capabilities of the 423.

Now, I get nearly 200 services with one of my favorite EMUs in a Joe designed timetable on a run that features significant stretches of single track.

Also, it looks like we can use the LZB capability of the 423 on an S19 service from Aachen to Koln. Maybe we will get to sub in the 423 for other full length runs.

Finally, from the last stream it looks like Joe snuck in some 101 action.

I am very much looking forward to this!

• Like Like x 5
  37. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I feel the title "journeys" oversells the pack. I thought when I saw this , it would be more coming on different routes but it's just the sandpatch livery, bakerloo livery and koln being busier

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  38. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

If this waste of effort gets trophies I’ll eat my hat, with disappointment.

and four posts above me, right with you buddy!!
    Fixes elsewhere are needed!!!

• Like Like x 2
  39. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

40. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, I will buy this expansion pack strictly for the improvements to SPG. I played Kohn- Achen to death when it first appeared and I have no real desire to revisit it. And I long ago lost interest in Bakerloo when I discovered how sparse the timetable is and will apparently continue to be for a subway line.

But the new livery and the horn on the SD40 are alone worth the price of admission. And throw in the fix for banking com which of course they had to do if they're substituting the loco into SPG. And it gets better if they keep the promise of adding these upgrades to the CRR SD40, which badly needs them. Well, it looks pretty good to me, so it will be a day one purchase, though I would still like to drive the Ace on SPG and don't really understand the reason for its withdrawal. Surely it could just be a selection option.

• Like Like x 5
  41. Coastway trainspotter

Unfortunately nothing dtg ever makes will ever be perfect . Little bugs in video games will always exist , they may be able to be eliminated , but the limit of a computer is the human brain

• Like Like x 1
  42. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There is a 101. But not frequent, which is authentic.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Coastway trainspotter

I believe there was only 1 service included if iirc

44. BigMountain555

Then don't buy it. No point whining and complaining about an unreleased product FFS.

45. BigMountain555

Exactly. Nothing can ever be made 100% perfect, but some act as if that is possible and anything less than their interpretation is cause for complaining, whining, and stomping feet... except they don't make perfect products themselves.

I like your quote about the limit of a computer being the human brain... I would add "to err is human."

Constructive criticism is more than welcome in order for people to work on improving products to the best of their ability. But to complain about an unfinished, unreleased product is a whole new level of entitlement. Complaining that "we're paying for it now" for a product that they did not yet even purchase is something else.

Happy Friday! I just finished work. Now to decide which route to run. :)

• Like Like x 6
  46. solicitr

IRL, no ICs run to Aachen at all, except the (146+Dostos) IC2 2222.* So there would be no reason to see a 101 in SKA, except as AI traffic around Köln.

* which, ironically enough, runs Bochum-Essen-Duisberg but doesn't appear in HRR

• Like Like x 3
  47. solicitr

What gets me about this pack is not that it's unworthy, not that I for some reason expect it to be free (really? seriously?). What gets me is that it was run through QA in order to make release next week while the Preserved Crew's bugfixes get shoved, yet again, to the back of the queue, where they have languished for months.

With regard to Adam's updates, players are living in a world of "always jam tomorrow."

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  48. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It would have been a nice gesture to boost the base included routes a little, for free - make the whole game more interesting for newcomers to the series. I won't be buying.

• Like Like x 3
  49. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

At least, not anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  50. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Will this expansion cost money? Because if it's going to be it would be kinda strange because we're getting presevation updates but a additional layer on a route is going to cost money? Don't think that's fair... especially when you already have the Ausburg - Munich route.

• Like Like x 3