Please Put Cane Creek And Isle Of Wight On The Lunar Sale.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cygnific, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

Just want to complete my collection and these are the only two i'm missing..

2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Same here, they're £4 Dlc to me all day long.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - there will likely be other opportunities in the future :). We've come off the back of 3 pretty substantial Steam sales in the past 6 weeks, so it will likely be a little while before the next sale though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Easter probably the next reliable sale unless any flash items before then.
    Cane Creek certainly worth getting for the scenery.

5. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Both are produced by subsidiary firms not just dtg.

6. orb

orb Well-Known Member

Would that mean we can expect the next sale on the Sim Fest (end of March / beginning of April) and no earlier?

7. Cygnific

Yes, missed the December Steam sale sadly. Not a huge fan of the long slow routes, but the scenery looks nice.

8. 21c164fightercommand

21c164fightercommand Well-Known Member

What's the purpose of buying a route for the 'pretty scenery' when the prime locomotive still has its rear truck the wrong way round?

Most, if not all, of DTG and its subcontractors efforts seem 'proof of concept'. Not to be mistaken with 'proof of competence', LOL, for in that regard, some have failed already.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  9. OldVern

You can always go Off The Rails and run a Class 45 + Mark Two consist on a railtour. Or, when we get it, the Jubilee or 8F on a steam special!

10. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

This gives us time to use the DLC we bought and save money for future releases and sales. :)

11. Cygnific

I'm just the average TSW user that takes a train from A to B. I might notice something is wrong if a locomotive was upside down, but that is where my knowledge ends. :D

My main pleasure is from modding things and gfx. (that's why i'm more frustrated about repeating tiling wall textures then with something wrong in a train)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cygnific

Bought Cane Creek anyway. And money well spend i'd say, it's a beautiful route and good for a nice and relaxing drive.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

14. btom

btom Member

I'm on a Windows 11 PC, bought TSW2 yesterday from Steam, the download went good and I put the download in my K:/ drive. TSW2 came with 3 route choices to begin, so I ran the (CSX) Sand Patch Grade one and began running the tutorial, and since any train simulator is new to me, I did the beginning tutorial on freight yard switching. It didn't go well (I'm still laughing to what happened) because I misunderstood the instructions to set the hand brakes on the lead hopper car behind the locomotive before uncoupling and instead I walked all the way to the back of the line of hoppers. As I was still walking to about 15 hoppers back the whole train began to move forward, seems there was a small downhill grade there and with no brakes yet set on the lead hopper car (not sure if I had set the brakes on the locomotive), anyways the whole line of hoppers started moving on their own and so I turned around to walk back to get to the loco and then the hopper cars were starting to go a bit faster, so I began to run and was about 30 feet to the steps of the locomotive when the whole line of hoppers and the engine began to pick up speed and I couldn't run fast enough to reach the locomotive steps to stop the train and the whole thing went barreling down the tracks. I just stood there in total disbelief. My 1st thought was I am going to get fired for causing a run-away train or else I broke the game and it won't restart again. So after a bit I ended up walking around the freight yard with nothing to do. I did learn a lesson thru all this, (pay attention to instructions lol). Forgive me because I am a newbie at this and have lots to learn. BTW, I want to buy either the Sherman Hill DLC next or the Cane Creek DLC one, any opinions on either? I am having fun with TSW2. Thanks, see ya.

15. OldVern

Sherman Hill has some fundamental performance issues but does provide a reasonable length run.

Cane Creek is a low speed branch line (max 25 MPH), roughly half through undulating desert and scrub then a superb scenic finale as you run down through Moab to the Potash plant.

• Like Like x 1