Quick Drive - Adding Ai And Static Consists

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeff.engle, Feb 3, 2022.

1. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Spent all day reading & testing creating AI and Static Consists for Quick Drive. My QD route for the Player train works. I have created two consists - one using TS-Tools and another using BlueprintEditor.

The consist rolling stock is from DTG\CologneKoblenz (Activated in the Build Objects Set Filter)
    • Consist Type eConsistTypePassengerRegional
    • drivable
    • Electric, has pantograph.
    • Era 1990-2050.
    • Using DB DR146/DABpza.
    Route: Munich-Garmisch (Deluxe)
    Route Time Period: 2014
    Route is Electrified
    I can manually add both of the consists to the route (drag and drop consist)
    Following Matt's video on QD templates, for the AI Spawn point I define

AI Spawn point
    • Select OH
    • Add Destination
    • No Stop/Stop (tried both)
    • Set Direction
    • Set Front/Center/Back
    • Set Max Train Length 9999
    • Page 2: train type Passenger Regional with a value of .9999 (also tried 1)
    Consist Spawn Port
    • Select OH
    • Set Direction
    • Set Front/Center/Back
    Neither AI Spawn Point or Consist Spawn Point have trains.
    Also, neither consist I created shows up in the QD train selection menu.

Update: I AM able to add AI and Static traffic on the original München-Garmisch Partenkirchen route - only having problems with the Deluxe MOD. Any tips to fix this?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  2. malmac

malmac New Member

Don't know if TS tools is the same but using RW tools in the scenarios build qd consists section you have to enter a Locomotive name for it to appear in the quick drive menu and you have to select the specific routes for which the consist will appear. (no need to tick the blue box in the scenario creator). Consist has to pass at least 2 signals before its final destination for it to spawn. Sorry cant be more help but I have stuck with RW Tools as it still works for me.

3. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

Thanks malmac yes, TS-Tools is just the later version. I understand how the tool works, I have the same basic QD working on the original Munich-Garmisch line, but not the updated route with corrected PZB, signals etc. Posted a request on Rail-sim.de, but no response. The updated route has QD capability and I have driven both the included QD as well as my own. I just can’t get the AI and static trains to appear.

4. pgdlrailworksl

pgdlrailworksl Member

Your consists do include the route GUID's that you want them to appear on?
    (GUIDs here are for example only)

<ValidBuildAndDriveRoutes>
    <cConsistValidRoute d:id="22317240">
    <RouteGUID d:type="cDeltaString">95a602af-0e06-411e-99da-7bd26126f3e6</RouteGUID>
    </cConsistValidRoute>
    <cConsistValidRoute d:id="22317242">
    <RouteGUID d:type="cDeltaString">4e247106-dbdb-4abd-ba63-90700e683a46</RouteGUID>
    </cConsistValidRoute>
    </ValidBuildAndDriveRoutes>

>with a value of .9999 (also tried 1)
    I would use 1

5. malmac

malmac New Member

I was unable to add my own consists to the Stainmore route then noticed in the manual that it seemed to be set up to use only the many AI consists that came with the route, so it might be the same in this case. I also had a problem with a workshop route where the track was set for passenger traffic only, so no freight consists would spawn. That might be worth checking if you are routing through a multiple track location.
    One final thought have you tried using any consist from another route or loco you own, using route building tools-check QD consists. If you edit one with a different designation like commuter or IC to be available on the route and place a quick consist point down then if it fails to spawn you a least know the problem is with the route rather than your consists. You can always change it back if it does appear.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  6. jklimentowski

jklimentowski Active Member

I've tried adding consist the way you do, just with the editor and I have a feeling that sometimes it works, sometimes not. Not sure why. Definitely the distance is a factor - 150m is often to short to spawn anything, setting it at 500 should do.

7. dana4665

dana4665 New Member

THX that was verry interesting to read.

8. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

Are you sure you have set the correct route id?

The year can also be problematic. As an experiment set it to 1950-2050.