Dovetail Live - Log-in/mastery Issues Solution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Jan 25, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello folks,

We are in the process of trialling a possible solution for issues that have been affecting Mastery across all our titles. The most common of which is Mastery Challenges not tracking progress and items not unlocking when a challenge has been completed.

Please log out of Dovetail Live, restart the game, and re-log in to Dovetail Live - please use this thread to notify us if you have any further issues with Mastery.

If you do, please tell us:
    - What platform you're playing on (and which platform you logged into DTL on)
    - What content you're playing / what isn't unlocking

This is very much an ongoing effort so your help will be incredibly useful as we continue to investigate the issue.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  2. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

Well I have lost all my progress for no reason Xbox Series S

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  3. ringoffire#6261

ringoffire#6261 New Member

Steam on Win11 playing Tharandter Rampe.
    I completed the tasks for the mastery rewards and all tier bars (levels one and two) correctly updated but the tier two rewards are still locked.

Previously I'd never had any issues with the Mastery section other than continually be logged out of Dovetail live.

4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey, can I check that you've both logged out of Dovetail Live, restarted the game, and re-logged in to Dovetail Live, and the problems are persisting?

5. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

It worked thanks for the help

6. br.maximilien

br.maximilien New Member

Good evening everyone!

The only issue I have with the Mastery has to do with the Bakerloo Line, that is locked at 1 scenario or timetable out of 3, no matter how many of them I play. If the mastery for the route is broken, please let me know, But I started the game today, went to the dovetail Live website via my browser, logged out there, restarted the game, and guess what, I am still logged in! I am mo longer logged in on the Dovetail Live website, but I still count as logged in in Dovetail Live in the game, I would appreciate a built in "logout" or "login" button in the game, so that I could directly logout in the game itself, quit the game, restart it, and see if all works again, please let us manage our accounts directly from the game itself, I don´t quite understand why no one has thought of that...

Have a great evening

Maximilien

7. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

there is a logout button in the game
    it in setting
    but it also say's reset dovetail life save data
    so I am not gonna use that one
    Steam Community :: Screenshot

8. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

The message is confusing but it's.only talking local data, not anything stored on Dovetail Live.

It gets re-downloaded when you next log in.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. br.maximilien

br.maximilien New Member

Thank you all, not as easy as I would like, but works, have a nice evening, everyone!

Maximilien

10. Alaskan Jack

Alaskan Jack Active Member

Yes it’s been working for me doing Sherman Hill just need a 4 level scenario on Sherman hill to finish Tier 2 which one can I use for that?

11. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

The two options are Switcheroo or Magnet for Trouble as these are both rated 4 out 5 for difficulty.

I chose Switcheroo as I wanted to save Magnet for Trouble as I belive itst really good. Guess it depends on if you like shunting or not (or if you've got a spare 2 hours or so!)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alaskan Jack

Alaskan Jack Active Member

I did switcheroo it was good got Gold on it!

13. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Each time there is an update in the news, TSW2 forgets my credentials and I have to login again. This is really annoying. It happens on the average 2-3 times in a month, but if there is a lot of news it happens more often.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Am i the only one that didn't get that problem? (btw i have a small problem with mastery rewards but i don't care about it)

15. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

On PS4 it doesn't login anymore. The spinning wheel keeps spinning for a while now

edit: I forgot to update this. Looks like when you register you don't get a confirmation you are logged in.

Mastery rewards is working. Finally!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  16. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Can you fix the cap car glitch for liveles cars every time you put a livery on a cab car it always spawn backwards

17. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Masteries for both Harlem and ECW not tracking. Signed out of Dovetail live, quit the game and restarted the console before starting the game and signing back into Dovetail live. Progress still hasn't tracked
    Series S.
    On ECW level one load 20 aggregate wagons hasn't tracked despite me doing 3 loading jobs.
    On Harlem neither of the level 2 requirements have tracked any of the requirements that I've worked towards. Also for some weird reason all level one rewards other than the star at the start of the second row are highlighted in gold!

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  18. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

With tier 1 of Sherman Hill complete, I wanted to progress tier 2. Just did a scenario with a difficulty of 4...

20220808131109_1.jpg 20220808131111_1.jpg

at least it ticked that box, but now it's totally locked out everything else...

19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

As it also seemed to affect many other routes mastery, I kinda panicked and rebooted the game. Seems to have solved the glitch, but it did scare me for a bit...

20220808131655_1.jpg