Some Bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by xD 2Bad4You, Jul 30, 2018.

1. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Since the new Routes are released now i´ve encountered a view bugs which will be listed below.
    Some of them have been posted before but the more the better i guess so they can get fixed.

General:

- [Fixed Sept 11th 2018] After viewing the Map the controls in the cab cant be moved sometimes.
    - Switching to Free Cam and back to the Driver Seat Cam will sometimes let you hear the outside sound louder than usual.
    - After saving the game and loading back into the saved session some settings won´t be saved. (Stop Marker, Monitor brightness in the Talent 2 and so on.)

RT:

- Path finding issue from Passengers. Passengers i suppose want to enter the train wont get in.
    Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkJP7guxpoBwoJAHwsHbbCY_QNd2QA

- Not sure if thats a bug / a mistake from me or a random event which i wouldnt mind, but in some cases the train loses power.
    Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkJP7guxpoBwoJAIaA4Jv_VyYIFJBg

- The PzB system isnt working correctly in some cases

- Towards "Zschortau" comes a sequece of signal distant markers that go 1-2-1 instead of 3-2-1
    Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkJP7guxpoBwoJAOejLiZ9Qsh_kBZQ
    [Update: 11/08/2018 ]
    Its at post "68/8"
    [/Update]

- Using Freecam in a Tunnel makes the camera beeing outside without beeing able to fly it in again.

- Sometimes passengers seem to go under the train instead of in the train.
    Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkJP7guxpoBwoJARC7ZaQma3lrwm0Q

- The 85 lamp on the HUD wont flash, the one on the Monitor flashes correctly.

NEC:

- Sometimes you cant go out through the waggon door. In rare cases your way to another door is blocked by a passenger.
    Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkJP7guxpoBwoJALI32B5pQwBejKCw

GWE:

- On the Class 166 you still go through one closed door in the passenger waggons.
    Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkJP7guxpoBwoJATrE4u1VFL2WDeKw

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. class350

class350 Member

Yes! I have all these bugs in every route excpet for the original sand patch, hence I stopped buying new routes. It is nice to know that others are having the problem, as I have contacted dovetail numerous times regarding the issue, and they said they havn't fixed it because I'm the only one.
    I have no suggestions, but am merely here to let others know, and to listen if anything happens.
    However, I am willing to put all these bugs aside if only the sound issue gets solved, as sometimes when this occurs, it is unfixable, and I can not ride 50 miles with the outside sound in the cab. Hope something happens in this area, havn't played in a year and am constantly getting bombarded with eye candy, new fabulous routes, and updates for every issue except this one, so life is hard.

3. xD 2Bad4You

Noticed two more things:

General

- Every few days i need to connect to Dovetail Live again when opening the game even without having made any changes to my account.

RT

- After completing a Service in RT, the game shows the time the train is about to leave again. If you save at that point and reload later into this session you wont see that information again and you are getting no indicators where to stop or drive. Makes it hard to jump from train to train throughout the day because you need to go to the main menu and load into a new Session each time. Dont think thats how Service Mode should be

- Having completed 3 or 4 Services in RT so far in one drive, without saving and reloading, but still the game shows only 1 Service as completed in the Service List. Very annoying.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  4. class350

class350 Member

Does anyone even read these dev wise? There are many more posts I have recently discovered about the sound issue and many others you have stated. Lets hope someone eventuualy notices. Sending a ticket won't work unless everyone sends one, otherwise its just a stock answer of "we'll look into it".

5. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

The exterior sound in the cab should be a top priority to get fixed. I had a 50-minute run last night on NEC where the sound bugged out after 20 minutes so the last half hour I had the sound turned all the way down because the engine sound simply got too dominating. The bug normally occurs if you either stand up in the cab during the drive, walk out on the platform and back in the cab, open a window or use the external camera. Only solution is to stay in your seat during the drive with windows closed and not use the external cameras or restart the scenario when the bug occurs.

I filed a bug report on it in April. Apparently it's also a problem in the PC version.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Yes we do.

• Like Like x 4
  7. class350

class350 Member

Exactly the same things that cause my problem. I have also found there seem to be 2 variants of the issue. Sometimes only the exterior engine sound will occur inside, and the interior "track run" sounds will remain. Other times the entire exterior soundset will come inside. No explanation for which variant the game "chooses", and both are 9 times out of 10 unresolvable w/out an entire reload.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. class350

class350 Member

A
    Also, does anyone find that on the original route (sand patch) that when the sound issue occurs, it is always fixable? (By swapping internal/external views again It is not fixable on any other routes (dlc), only the original. Anyone else find this?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  9. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

What's next after wsr and rsn?

10. xD 2Bad4You

They havent announced the next route, yet. Its most likely an American one if they follow their current release pattern.
    We should get an announcement probably this month about the next route after RSN imo.

11. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

The next DLC might be somewhat delayed since they 've said they want to release new DLC for all platforms at the same time in future. Equally since DTG have alreday mentioned there's an update to come for the PC I would imagine DTG would like to ensure that the PC and console platforms are in an equivalent state as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. class350

class350 Member

Ok, I got news from dovetail that they know about the sound issue, but can't (easily) fix it, as the cause of the problem lies in limitations with unreal engine 4. While this is hugely disappointing to know it can not be fixed, I am at least happy that I know why things are happening now. Sort of. Hopefully UE4 will be updated at some point to fix the issue. For now, avoid changing camera views around bridges/overpasses, as this seems to trigger the issue.

13. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

Thanks for the update class350
    Has Dovetail confirmed that the bug primarily triggers around bridges and overpasses or are these your own findings?

14. class350

class350 Member

These are my own findings, and they didn't restate this when I told them this was the case. In the 50ish times the issue occured in my trials, only 3 or 4 where not right next to/under a bridge. I think the issue is simply being hidden most of the time, and the sudden change of sound under a bridge is enough to kick it over the line. Simply pressing 2 (outside camera) quickly followed by 1 (1st person cab view) as fast as possible will trigger the issue, but when done like this, it is easily solved by pressing 2 then 1 again more slowly. When a bridge triggers the issue, it is unfixable and affects every single train. I don't have any more official info, but if any one wants more stuff from my experiments then just ask :)

15. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

Thanks for sharing your findings. I have entirely stopped using the external camera to hopefully avoid the bug but unfortunately I have also found that simply getting up from the chair or opening a window in the cab can trigger the bug as well.

16. class350

class350 Member

I just remembered that dovetail said that it is due to a "bottleneck" with CPU performance, so it may or may not help to restart your computer before playing, and close any apps. Reducing the most resource intensive settings a bit may help too, but they tend to be more a GPU thing. It depends on how your computer is set up. I always have shadows down a notch anyway because that alone gives me an extra 4 fps anyway.
    The 166 in GWE seems the least prone of any train, and I am yet to experience the stand-up trigger in that, like I have in every other train.
    Also, does anyone here have WSR and have there been any sound issues with that? I wasn't going to buy any more dlc, but I figured this one being less resource intensive might have a chance.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  17. class350

class350 Member

Ok it's been a while, mostly because after they fixed the sound issue, tsw has started stuttering just like ts20xx. Not for as long (for me, when ts20xx stuttered, it was usually about once a minute for 2 seconds) where as when tsw now stutters it is about once every 20 seconds for just a split second. This never happened before the update in which the sound issue was fixed. I know my computer is under spec, but up until now it has soldiered through. Is this newfound stuttering a problem with that update that others have also found or is it just time to give in and upgrade the rig? I finally got around to saying something here as I saw the new Brigton route and so desparately want it.

18. anderson_301182

anderson_301182 Member

I realize that on routes where there is the service of moving an empty train to a depot, there are always passengers inside. Please correct this bug. It's weird when it happens. Example: Yesterday I was on a service in the Peninsula Corridor from San Jose Diridon bound for the Depot to wash the train and store it, when I left to change cab I realized there were passengers inside the cars.

• Like Like x 1