Xbox Sale Was On

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by david5150, Jul 13, 2021.

1. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Haven't had a dlc sale since the summer and it makes me sad

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheWesMan

TheWesMan New Member

Regarding the Lunar sale, I know it was mentioned on a recent stream that Dovetail don’t have too much of a say in when they can put Xbox stuff on sale, but do they get a choice of what goes on sale on each platform? Having already bought the Rush Hour stuff, I was sorely disappointed that the Xbox sale didn’t include the DLCs featured in the Steam and Epic sales.

3. JazzyGeofferz

JazzyGeofferz Member

I picked up Rush Hour for £8.99, I've just reinstalled everything tonight, but remember now why I uninstalled TSW2 after the Engine update. It's so choppy on my original XBox One. I think I probably want to cut my losses and try to hang on until the Series X is more readily available. Maybe it'll run a little better then.

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Got the rush hour bundle and did enjoy Riesa-Dresden route but the problem was that it didn't give HRR & SKA extra German trains to use in the form of DB BR146.2 BR185.5 MRCE & DB BR143. Riesa-Dresden Dostos can be driven like Main Spessart Bahn ones if classic control option was chosen. Next Step for me is going for Main Spessart Bahn if still on sale

5. fl991r

fl991r Member

Just played my first service on London Commuter on my Series X. Despite what I was worried about and what I've read here, I managed to get all the way to Brighton without a crash! This is not to say the rush hour routes are perfect (I haven't even tried the other two routes), but at this price ($5 Canadian per route), I'd say it's worth it to get it even if it takes them some time to finally sort it out. Not because I think they're going to sort it out soon, but because I think the wait for discounts on DLC on XBOX is so long that even if it takes them a long time to fix it, it'll still be sooner than waiting for it to come on sale the next time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

Same here, doubted really long about getting the season ticket, eventually didn't get it. Now scooped it up for 25% of season ticket. Great deal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Can I just be clear, if I own TSW2 and buy this, it will work for me to get the three rush hour routes straightforwardly ?

For those that have done this what was the process ?

8. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

It works. Once you buy it, if you go into Manage Game on the Xbox screen you will be able to add the three routes to the base game. Once completed correctly you should start seeing the Rush Hour Deluxe Home Screen when you start the game.

• Like Like x 3
  9. dentingboot

dentingboot Member

10. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Well that's kind of an ok deal...but the Deluxe Edition containing that route (and the other Rush Hour routes) was cheaper just the other week. We could've had something different for a DLC sale.

• Like Like x 4
  11. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Agreed, I picked up all three rush hour routes last week for £8. Only played London commuter so far and no crashing (series X).

12. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

BR Heavy Freight Pack was finally added to the 10% off Game Pass deal, leaving only 4 DLC left without it. I submitted a ticket for these a week or so ago, so hopefully Microsoft is catching these and updating them.

As much as I still want some of these older DLCs, I'm disgruntled by the lack of sales on Xbox platform, so I'm holding out waiting for us to get thrown a bone (though I will surely buy one or several of the upcoming new routes, once they release and get added to the 10% off GP deal).

• Like Like x 1
  13. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

I spoke too soon! I checked the store on my Xbox, and it looks like every single TSW2 DLC now have the 10% off Game Pass deal. For whatever reason I only saw that BR Heavy Freight Pack had been updated, but the rest were too (most of them were preserved German routes missing the discount).

14. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

In case anyone like me was waiting, the Game Pass discount has now kicked in for Harlem.

15. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

It took two days from release date. So it seems today we will get Game Pass discount for S-Bahn Zentralschweiz: Luzern - Sursee.

16. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

The Game Pass discount finally kicked in this morning for S-Bahn Zentralschweiz: Luzern - Sursee (on the US store, at least). Took them a lot longer than usual.

• Like Like x 1