Sherman Hill Bug Or Am I Missing Something?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LWDAdnane, Feb 5, 2022.

1. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Before I report this as a bug, I'm interested in knowing whether I'm the only one to experience this? I'm currently running a Sherman Hill scenario called "Oil Switching". The loco spawns with some oil vehicles attached, which didn't seem odd. However I was then instructed to pick up another 10, which would've hooked on to the front of the loco, basically creating a sandwich where I have the (dis)pleasure of being the (insert main ingredient of choice here) in the middle. Anyway, after coupling up the 10 vehicles, the information portion (?) on the hud has displayed the "wait" instruction for the last 5 - 10 minutes, which doesn't seem right. I'm going to restart the scenario, but unhook the oil vehicles and see if we have some plain sailing from there.

UPDATE: Unhooking the vehicles at the beginning of the scenario has allowed me to continue after hooking the 10 vehicles, will see if I'm able to completely finish.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

That's weird. I have completed the whole journey for Sherman Hill, but havn't encountered this yet. Maybe it's one of the other switching services. But definitely sounds buggy.

3. LWDAdnane

Yeah I've had a pretty smooth run so far myself, maybe it's down to a mod? Also it's specifically the scenario in Chapter 3.

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think I had a similar thing with this scenario. If anything ever locks up in a scenario I normally work through the following

Stand up, sit down.
    Uncouple, couple.
    Is there a physical button I can push in game.

Most of the time this seems to nudge the game along.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hoagy

hoagy Member

I have this too, sometimes it starts with tanks attached and sometimes not. I have absolutely zero mods. It's quite frustrating. This is on PC/Steam

6. hoagy

hoagy Member

Actually, I think I've cracked it. You start not quite connected to the tanks. But the slightest rollback causes the couplings to engage, so make sure you apply enough throttle before releasing the brakes, so you don't roll back those critical few centimetres! The times I had problems were, I've concluded, when I slipped back enough for the couplings to engage.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. LWDAdnane

This makes sense, although I don't recall rolling back a little it does seem like a viable possibility.

8. hoagy

hoagy Member

It literally only takes a centimetre or two!

My tip - use an outside camera to check the coupling as the first thing you do, you'll see they are very very nearly attached but not quite.

• Like Like x 1
  9. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

I recommend to apply full train brakes before uncoupling including full loco brakes so that after uncoupling none of the cars or the locos is moving. then release the train brakes, put on some throttle and then release the loco brakes. Never had an issue with cars following that procedure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Since at start your locos aren't connected to the cars, applying train brake doesn't accomplish anything. Loco brake is enough. The key thing is to have positive throttle and amps flowing to the motors before you release.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1