Visual Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Feastival, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Feastival

Feastival New Member

Why do all the visual looks so vague on Ps4? I used to play it with medium settings on PC and it’s much better than that... is there any enhancement for PS4 Pro or a solution to this problem? So vague that you can barely see the master screen in the cab

• Like Like x 4
  2. Feastival

Feastival New Member

After some time of playing this graphics is totally crap... I wonder if there is a compatibility problem for it to run on PS4 Pro, for it is even worse than the lowest graphics setting on PC, which is not supposed to happen, how come?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Feastival

Feastival New Member

Not sure if I’m qualified to say but TSW on PS4 Pro has horrible graphics. Low graphics quality, constant framerate problems and flashing rendering problems, and everything seems low definition. which as a fan of TSW on PC i totally didn’t expect for consoles, since it ought to be better compatibility on consoles, and that makes me sad. Seriously, sad. We can’t say PS4 is not ready for at least medium graphics settings, because games like God of War can run properly on it. But although I am extremely disappointed . I sincerely hope that DTG can release patches that can fix these problems quickly, although I’m not sure if the problem stays with Ps4 Pro. If they can be fixed, and I don’t have trouble even trying to look at the signals on the railroad and the instrument panel in my cab it will be much better.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  4. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

It would probably be helpful if you could post a screenshot. I'm not sure how you do that on PS4 but it must be possible. Have you raised a ticket at http://dovetailgames.kayako.com/?

5. Feastival

Feastival New Member

I’ll try, thanks

6. Tswplayerps4

Tswplayerps4 New Member

Station hayes and harligton is totally missing on the ps4 could someone fix that please?!

7. Samuel

Samuel Member

Looks like i also have low graphics on ps4 pro(main panel). But i like this game!!!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  8. Bumpynucklz

Bumpynucklz New Member

I am not playing on a Pro, just the basic PS4, and I have to say that the graphics are pretty bad; seems like I am playing a PS3 game here.

9. Feastival

Feastival New Member

Much better on PC, and it’s about 20-30GB on PC, while only 9GB on PS4, and now it looks like TS2018

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  10. Omenanraato

Omenanraato Member

Drawing distance is horrible.
    Also signals and dashboard textures need upgrade!
    Where is Ps4 pro support??

Downgrade all other things, if you get better dashboard textures and bigger drawing distance.
    Fps is fine, because slow game, poor fps is still playable

• Like Like x 3
  11. Gareth

Gareth New Member

I have a PS4 Pro and haven't yet experienced any of the issues raised here and I can't compare with any other version as this is my first TSW game. Sure I've seen a few glitches and on the way to Sunnyside Main Yard my train wouldn't go forward for a little while (may have been something I did without realising. Generally though I am really enjoying the game and I'm looking forward to DLC releases already

• Like Like x 1
  12. bibimac

bibimac New Member

Hi all, I’ve got exactly same issue. Are you aware of this issue?
    Is new patch coming?

- visual is terrible like PS3 game
    - the game only saved 9GB of data to local hdd.

Thanks
    Let us know

• Like Like x 1
  13. idiosis

idiosis Member

A really good example of the abysmal frame rate can be seen while playing the Terminal Switch scenario on NEC. Stand by the right hand side of the locomotive and look around down the track towards the box cars, the fps drops make it virtually unplayable.

14. Atesz

Atesz New Member

Pc low ghrapics setting... Ps4 pro octa core processor 4.2 teraflop (antialesing, visual fx deepshadows....) 8GB gdr5 HDR visual tech... and upscaling 4k resulotion... No say... Playstation bad... Slob work.. Only money matters... Update update update!

15. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Yes guys.....they need to improve the PS4 graphics...i was like cmoooooon we on PS4! What's that....

16. ClintEddie895

ClintEddie895 New Member

I’ve played about a third of the game and while there is room for improvement, at the end of the day we cannot compare this to the PC version. To do so is ridiculous. I have the PC version and enjoy playing on the PS4 to use the controller and so I can have it on the big screen. If you want PC graphics and gameplay, GET THE PC VERSION, simples!

17. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Good to know, but if you have a console version of a game you can't have graphics like this. simples ;) ;) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. jameswmazurek

jameswmazurek New Member

Honestly loved this game the first hour or so... now that the numbing actions have settled him (kind of the reason I got it) the graphics are noticed... my god is this appalling. Standard ps4 and it's almost unplayable. Comments on here are 2 years old almost and still haven't fixed it. Like, come on! People are paying for what is turning to be horrible graphics the further I progress in scenarios. I swear each "mission" gets worse and worse. This is legit PS3 looking now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. jameswmazurek

jameswmazurek New Member

Yes we can compare. Look at the engine for GTA V. Prime example of quality like PC is obtainable on PS4. This is just financial greed and lack of support for a game is what this is. Plain and simple.

• Like Like x 1
  20. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Your referencing a studio of about 50 to 60 people up against a multi million dollar game that has had at least 8 or 9 Rockstar studios around the world working on it watch the GTA and red dead credits to get an idea of how many people worked on them.

Attached Files: