(mod) Tsw 2 New Dynamic Cloud Visuals

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, May 12, 2021.

1. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Especially sunrises and sunsets in winter can be very spectacular in reality. Sometimes you have the whole world painted in pink or purple and TSW misses these colours. Some TS routes do feature these beautiful colours. I hope they continue to develop the weather system even more, so we also get dynamic weather as well as thunder etc.

• Like Like x 5
  2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I really hope they do continue to improve the cloud and weather visuals. It’s honestly such a big part of the game as you see it all the time. I’d love to drive a service during sunrise or sunset, with those spectacular colours. Thunderstorms, lightning and dark, threatening clouds would be nice to see, too.

• Like Like x 5
  3. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

The problem with lovely sunrises and sunsets is that they cast shadows. TSW doesn’t do shadows.

Maybe one day :)

4. londonmidland

I’m pretty sure TSW does cast shadows with the sun and moon? I know on full cloud there’s no clouds at all. Everything looks very flat and grey looking.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m hoping that after this is introduced putting the cloud slider to max fully fills the sky with thick clouds like it used to, as currently there is still some blue in the sky when at max. Also slightly related I hope that they can improve the variation in the amount of rainfall back to how it was because at the moment the slider gives fairly heavy rain throughout its full travel and it light rain can’t be selected. This all happened when the season and presets changed to months and fewer presets with the update to 4.26. As observed on PS5. Looking forward to partially cloudy skies though, something I hardly ever select now due to how the current clouds look.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JetWash

I was being sarcastic. Of course TSW does shadows, just that it only draws them what feels like 5ft in front of the player. You can have all the lovely sunrises and sunsets in the world but if 75% of the environment is lit like the immediate aftermath of a nuclear blast with no shadows of any description cast, it makes any effort expanded on the niceties totally worthless.

Nothing will fix that until DTG figure out a way to push the shadow draw to the vanishing point without it killing performance. Shadow draw has to come first and foremost, it must be made right before anything else.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. londonmidland

Partially cloudy with the new cloud visuals looks great, if I must say so myself.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  8. JetWash

Do you happen to know if this will immediately replace the TSW2 skies on all routes that have them, or is this gonna be another route by route glacier-fest of a rollout?

Really hoping it’s the first option :)

9. londonmidland

Once Adam has added it to the Core, it should be an immediate replacement of all TSW 2 skybox routes. So in other words, it’ll be a complete replacement for all routes with the TSW 2 skybox.

• Like Like x 2
  10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

All eyes are on you now londonmidland to create the next amazing mod

upload_2022-1-22_21-36-43.gif

• Like Like x 2
  11. londonmidland

So a small mention at the end of tonight's live stream was that the cloud visuals have now been passed on into the software (the core). There have been a few changes made, one of which is trying to resolve the 'hurricane eye' issue the mod currently brings. This fix will be done on a route-by-route basis, as opposed to trying to fix it globally. I believe this is because each route has its own weather patterns and variables.

Hopefully it won't be too long now until it is released.

Listen here

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Let's hope that is the case, and that each route has its own weather patterns and variables. The sky still is not correct in terms of time because when I was driving around 7:30-8:00 AM on the London- Brighton the sun is just coming up, I thought the sunrise was around 8:00 AM, but I am not sure is that because of a different area of the world. I know here in America the sunrise. The sky still is the problem even though I do start to rise, but when does it fully completely reach the peak? Anyhow I am looking forwards to it.

13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The time cycle is independent of the cloud/skybox painting. DTG apparently bought an OTS time/sun routine developed somewhere like the USA, because the times arte all wrong for Europe's more northerly latitudes.

In England in midsummer it never even gets fully dark (and in midwinter "daylight" is a sick joke)

14. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

2022 august updared?

15. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Nope

16. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Keep up your good work sir, that's what's up!

17. londonmidland

Just realised the new cloud visuals have been used in the upcoming shots for the expansion pack.

Hopefully this means an update to the core game should be imminent.

4701FD48-6E15-4984-8B74-B3BE90D9B956.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  18. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

I've just noticed in the picture you shared it doesn't say "Work in Progress" which to me me means this is a final build rather than an unfinished add-on. Fingers crossed for the better sky :)

19. londonmidland

I’m hoping we’ll finally get it in the game in the very near future. I’ve been waiting for it to be released for months now and am eager for everyone to be able to benefit from it :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I'm really keen to see it place on some of the older routes now. You see the sky in them, RRO for example, this will benefit hugely in comparison to the current variant.

21. londonmidland

I can’t get over how ugly the older TSW 1 skybox looks, with those awful looking clouds.

Scenic routes like NTP will benefit greatly from it, as the clouds will now actually look the right size in comparison to the world, as opposed to how it currently looks - which is a massive 2D looking thing which makes the world look like a model railway.

• Like Like x 3
  22. solicitr

Keep in mind that PR screenshots and most of Matt's streams use dev builds, which include stuff-still-in-testing (remember the "accidental" reveal of the Railpool 185?)

23. londonmidland

UPDATE:
    My skybox mod, for the first time, has been used in an official DTG trailer. It should FINALLY be released alongside the Luzurn route release.

E009063F-F83D-4A90-B1D2-8B7393CF0887.jpeg 6AA4A792-0E9E-4AC9-85F5-2D26B26BD662.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  24. solicitr

25. terry english

terry english Active Member

Hi,
    I saw your post and thought the screenshots of clouds looked very good. Being reasonably new to TSW 2 and looking to have a more realistic experience I clicked on your download button. Whether it downloaded or not I don't know but my version of the game has crashed and now will not run. Now I'm not saying that your patch has caused the problem, but the following are the messages I am getting.
    Download paused.
    233.48mb of 233.48mb downloaded.
    Disk write error.
    Any help you can provide me with would be much appreciated.
    Terry.

26. londonmidland

That would indicate it’s an issue with your PC/system. I’d recommend just waiting until DTG officially releases it. Shouldn’t be too long now.

27. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

maybe ran out of disk space if everything is on drive C:/