In The Game Train Events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vestedmarius, Jul 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Vestedmarius

Vestedmarius New Member

I think personally that it becomes much more realistic when things like: passengers pulling the emergency brake, trains that are driving in front of you that are delayed, doors that are broken and do not open the entire ride, doors that do not want to close and you have to walk to them to reset the meganism. happen.

Sorry for bad english I have dyslexia and am Dutch.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Aljaž Skarlovnik

Aljaž Skarlovnik Active Member

Interesting idea, but I would only support it if it could be turned on or off.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Absolutely great idea that I'd support completely.
    It wouldn't only give the game a huge amount of realism as IRL there's almost always something not working properly and there are always some issues to deal with as a train driver. Furthermore it would make playing much more enjoyable - e.g. driving between London and Reading and back to London and so on can get really boring as every ride is exactly the same (only the time and the weather changes), nothing happens, all AI trains are on time, all passengers are fine and no one causes trouble... It would be great to see some random events, like a broken track after a storm so that all trains have to use another track, or workers on a track repairing rails so you have to drive more slowly and more carefully causing delays which you have to deal with and so on. Or of cause a passenger pulling the emergency brake:mad: The more I think about it the more ideas I get. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Those are nice ideas, but that would be difficult to create.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Well, just ideas. We don't need all of this and not right now. But I can imagine that a random emergency brake trigger wouldn't be too hard to implement. And then just a short message on the screen, like "A passenger accidentally triggered the emergency brake. You'll have to release the brakes after you came to a complete stop." and that's all we need. And more features could be added later as it is not an extremely necessary implementation and of course, other issues are much more urgent.

• Like Like x 3
  6. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

IT can and has been done in TS 2018 - so I m sure it will come to TSW. If the scenario editor will be anything like the mission creator for FSW, then you will have lots of options and events you can trigger based on time and or location.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Yes, that's exactly what I'm hoping too. As DTG provided us with not even a handful of "non-standard scenarios" (driving from A to B and you've finished:() I almost desperately await some new "fresh" and especially interesting and really challenging ones. It becomes much too easy and uninteresting when you're always driving down the same track, to and fro, again and again, nothing special happens, everything is calm… Boring! Actually, TSW has got the abilities to provide us with such nice and really useful features - but as so often the only thing missing is the will of DTG to realize or, heaven forbid, even talk to us about such ideas and suggestions. But I'm sure that there are dozens of ambitious creators out there (luckily we could already see some of their fantastic projects;)) who just can't wait to play around with the upcoming editor - presumed that it will be released within the next decade - and share the results with our community. And again, who's thwarting us?

• Like Like x 1
  8. LeadCatcher

Well seeing as there are some who have all ready completed reskins ( http://www.railworksamerica.com/index.php/download-library/tsw-items ) I am sure we will see what you request. In FSW - I was amazed to see the detail people were putting into the missions with the provided mission editor. Hopefully TSW's scenario tools will be just as comprehensive.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Yes, I've already seen these really beautiful and detailed reskins and I'm totally impressed, which effort people take to create their favourite skins (I think DTG can learn a lot regarding the topic "work effort"). And furthermore we can already see complete locomotives that were modelled for TSW, they just can't be integrated yet as the necessary tools are still missing.
    Let's pray that it really is worth waiting so long for the scenario building and content building/implementation tools and that DTG has understood, which major priority this issue has. I don't want to go too far and prefigure anything, but my feelings tell me that the future of TSW might depend on how good the developer tools will be and if they will be released quickly. More and more players seem to become sceptical, if they shouldn't just return to TS2018, which is - and we all have to admit that - currently superior to TSW in issues like variety, game depth or degree of reality. When players are able to create their own content, DTG and TSW will only benefit from this development as it helps improving the issues mentioned above. But I don't know how future shall look like if we will not get some useful and mighty development tools soon.

10. LeadCatcher

Just took a quick run on TSW’s West Summerset route. There is no comparison between TSW’s and the TS2018’s version of the route.

With a decent diesel electric simulation showing simugraph can overcome the “throttle” problem and the spectacular visuals, I have no concern over the future of TSW. Infact was quite impressed to find in the middle of nowhere a broken plank fence. This was in a place where few will see, but yet in a real environment, would be quite prototypical since “out of sight out of mind” is pretty true on the repair efforts on my own fence surround my ranch.

I do agree, getting third parties involved will be a great accomplishment, but the tools need to be well defined and solid. Hopefully these tools are well into the development and refinement cycle and will be released in the not too distant future.

• Like Like x 2