Smokey Mtn Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jiffers101, Aug 11, 2018.

1. jiffers101

jiffers101 New Member

it would be nice to have the Smokey mtn lines. The view is just amazing but it would require a steam loco which I hope they add soon

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aljaž Skarlovnik

Aljaž Skarlovnik Active Member

Pro tip: add some more info and some images next time you suggest a route addition. This is incredibly unappealing and far too short. Try to actually present the route, some of its landmarks and its rolling stock and why it would make a good addition.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  3. jiffers101

jiffers101 New Member

Sorry it didn’t meet your expectations instead of me writing a huge article we do live in the an era where we have internet. You can look it up if you’re interested.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Aljaž Skarlovnik

Aljaž Skarlovnik Active Member

It's not about you not meeting my expectations, it's about you not presenting your idea in an appealing way, and not getting a lot of attention because of it.

The route suggestion subforum's rails are at a huge uphill gradient, and slippery too. What I mean by that is that it's hard for a post to get traction, IE a large following. Posts go by ultra quick, and your post only display the ammount of upvotes you get uf you get 3 or more, and the more likes you get, the more likely it is for somebody to click on yout post. Thus, I think it's important that you achieve those three upvotes in the shortest time possible before your post inevitably slips down into the depths of the subforum.

There are only two ways to accumulate that number of likes, since you'll likely only get 1 or 2 upvotes per 50-100 views even if you do this:
    - post a suggestion for a route everybody wants
    - make your post very detailed, with a short history section, a route detail section, description of the the rolling stock and then why the route would make a good addedition, with everything held together by a few well placed high quality images.

When you think about it, it's kinda like showbuisness. Keep the reader hooked on your post 'till it ends. That's my stategy, and since I only really post unusual and unique route suggestions, nothing mainstream, I think it works quite well.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3