Tharandter Rampe Questions (service Count, Layers, Loco Variants)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, Jan 17, 2022.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I’ve really been enjoying the route over the past few days, just have a few questions on some minor details:
    • First of all, the total service count. In the preview + route launch streams, Matt stated multiple times that all playable services would be included on Gen 8 consoles, with Gen 9 having some additional AI only layers around Dresden such as the IC and ICE. I’ve been watching some DCZ streams recorded on both Gen8 and Gen9/PC hardware. On Gen 8, the total service count was 196. On Gen 9/PC the total service count was 200. So what are those four missing services? I’m not one of those “Give me the four missing services or I’m deleting the game!” guys. Would just like to know what I’m missing out on because that small number has sparked my curiosity.
    • Secondly, the BR 182 layer (the red passenger version). At the end of the launch day stream, Matt read aloud Joe’s big layers & substitutions document. It included the info that the red 182 had a chance of driving the AI S1 services in and out of Dresden Main Station. Since the red 182 also appears as a freight substitution option on the route (like all the other electric German freight locos), I just wanted to ask if there are additional playable services with the DoSto passenger wagons, for example bringing a 182 with DoStos out of Dresden Main Station and into the Dresden-Altstadt yard at the end of the day and vice-versa. Someone on the forums has confirmed that to me before, but I frankly don’t entirely believe them as the 182 service count in the loco selection isn’t higher than the other freight locos.
    • Thirdly, a bug report I saw as a comment on Joe’s profile and wanted to make more visible: The infamous DoSto door bug that resulted in the removal of the BR 182 passenger services off of DRA appears to be back in DCZ, this time causing infinite red signals for AI services coming into Dresden Hauptbahnhof. AI services with the 182 going in the other direction (out of the Main Station) don’t seem to be affected as the doors are controlled from the DoSto cab car in that case.
    • Last but not least: Is there an easy way to find out which DoSto and 143 variants I can use with the route? They all look the same in the loco livery selection and I don’t want to accidentally show up with a train which is too old or has the wrong livery. Maybe something simple like “The loco/cab car variant on the right is the newest” or similar?
    Thank you! :)

2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m...tches/i1020-origin-dlc-markings-on-train-logo

;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

Hi guys,

yesterday I watched a youtube video of a guy who does service runs on the new Dresden-Chemnitz route.

At around 10 a.m. you can notice two ICE 3 trains (BR 406) as AI, one leaving Dresden Hbf and a few minutes later one arriving at Dresden Hbf.
    I went to check out that situation on my sim but noticed an absence of ICE 3 in my case.

I was under the impression that due to everyone owning the base route Köln-Aachen, ICE layers would automatically be there.
    For example on the Rushhour Dresden-Riesa I do see them around.

So I was wondering why they are missing on my Dresden-Chemnitz route.
    Can anyone enlighten me please?

Here‘s the link to the video, it‘s around minute 27

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  4. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

I saw an AI ICE3 while looking for the last collectible at Dresden Hbf today. But maybe these only show up between our departure/arrival times, this time I was just walking around.

5. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

Thanks for your reply.

I also tried to spawn by foot, starting at 10:00 so I should have seen the ICE 3 arriving at 10:03 as shown in the video.

Do you remember at which time you spotted the ICE while catching your collectibles?

6. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

It is the ICE3 from HMA (BR 403). It is not driveable (only AI).

7. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

Oh so I definitely need München-Augsburg to make the ICE show up in Dresden-Chemnitz?

Sorry, I‘m still very new to this.

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That would be bizarre if they used the 403, rather than the 406 which everyone owns by default. Was the stripe red or green? (I can't tell, since I have the HMA-red-stripe mod installed)

9. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Are you on last gen (PS4/XB1)? The non-drivable AI layers are only there on the new consoles and PC because they don’t add any services, but make a massive impact on performance (especially the ICE with all its unique wagons).

10. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

No, I‘m playing this on PC, so all layers should be visible.

But in fact I do not own the HMA route and therefore the BR 403, so this could be the explanation