Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 08/02/2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 8, 2022.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

feb8th_Header_1920x1080.jpg
    On the Roadmap this week find out more about the upcoming Swiss route from Rivet Games and plans for upcoming Preservation updates...

Read the article here.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The stream should be interesting to say the least. Im hoping these preservation updates get released soon. Im glad dtg is gonna give more insight into how their testing and qa works. Not many other game developers do that at all :)

• Like Like x 6
  3. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well, there's nothing for me here. So, bye *walks out through door and slams it*

• Like Like x 14
  4. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Right same old same old. I need to stop giving my hopes up on these roadmaps it be so disappointing. The main thing am looking forward to is the Harlem Line and yet no screenshots or any kind of update on it. Well gotta wait another 2 weeks or another 6 weeks i should say......

• Like Like x 6
  5. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Yet another unspectacular Roadmap !!
    I'm loosing interest with this game and my patients are wearing out waiting for things like update patches and general improvements being released in an expected amount of time

• Like Like x 10
  6. DTG Natster

We acknowledge this isn't the most exciting Roadmap while there is little movement or new things being added.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt DTG Natster I was wondering how the glaring bugs/shortcomings on Tharandter Rampe will be addressed and fixed (to name a few, level crossings, ECS moves at Freiberg, the S-Bahn train parked at Freiberg,...). Will the route receive an update after a month or so like it was done on Dresden - Riesa, or will these major issues need to wait for Adams crew to tackle them?
    Since DTG is not working on a new German route at the moment (since, as you say, there is nothing on the roadmap, so you are not working on anything related to German content), I wonder if these resources could be used to make these changes in due time now, as the route should not have been released on this state in the first place. I hope to get an answer to this question here or in the stream - preferably here, since I will most likely not watch the stream if it is anything like the last ones. Thanks!

• Like Like x 6
  8. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

An interesting roadmap, looks like it's been cleared up as well. Things were easier to read and better explained. Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Don't know what people are expecting... Do people really think there are going to be new releases spoken about every few weeks when it takes months to plan and make routes?
    The roadmap this time round is what it is, and with a new route announced just today it does make me wonder what people want

• Like Like x 20
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

The red signal issue fix on BML will be welcome, but is this route specific or part of the much wanted and awaited overhaul of the save game system? Most other routes and not just the UK suffer from the save game failing to restore properly.

Rather disappointing nothing else put on the Roadmap for UK routes other than SOS. Can we take it then no other new UK routes are in production or expected to release in the next few months?

11. tallboy7648

You raise a good point. If nothing is being worked on in terms of the German side of the game at least, then they should be able address the issues with Dresden Chemeniz such as the memory crashes, missing crossing gates etc

• Like Like x 2
  12. DTG Natster

This is a fix specifically for London Commuter.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
  13. ARuscoe

I would assume it's route specific. From what I know there is a specific issue on the route not related to savegames at all

14. tallboy7648

I think the issue is that they know there is a new route. But that route is made by rivet and we know how people react to a rivet route dlc. There track record has raised skepticism to be honest

• Like Like x 2
  15. SubwayRailfanner

We need more loco add ons mostly on the preserved routes or newer routes too. For awhile now it's been nothing but route adds ons. If we had more Loco add ons it will probably keeps interested in the game while we wait for routes finish being developed. Am slowly starting to lose interest in the game.

• Like Like x 5
  16. ARuscoe

Doesn't quite answer the question... People often come onto roadmap posts and say things like "well that's boring", seemingly expecting something shiny and new every two weeks

• Like Like x 6
  17. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

You know nothing is new on roadmap when they are filling in time with Q&A process. This should be it’s own stream. Roadmap is for what’s up and coming.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Still waiting for any NA loco dlc from DTG....
    8373718.jpg

• Like Like x 21
  19. tallboy7648

Well since dtg don't really have new things to announce then talking about their qa especially since people are frustrated that their have been no preservation updates in a long time is a good thing frankly

• Like Like x 5
  20. tallboy7648

It's crazy that the last NA Loco DLC was the CSX C40-8W and the last U.S passenger dlc was the M3 which released two years ago. It's been a while

• Like Like x 7
  21. OldVern

Understood. Good news but still leaves the whole broken save game in limbo.

• Like Like x 1
  22. SubwayRailfanner

Yeah it's sad that we US fans don't get Loco Add Ons like others do. Specifically DB is to spoiled lol. No hate by the way. But that's based on my observation.

• Like Like x 4
  23. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Wake me up at Xmas

• Like Like x 4
  24. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The DB guys are lucky to have TSG as a 3rd party dev for them. We are pretty much stuck with DTG unless Skyhook wants to start developing NA locos or another 3rd party comes in (Which is highly unlikely).

• Like Like x 4
  25. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

IMO the Roadmap doesn't really need a stream anymore. An article such as we have here and perhaps some dates of when the Preservation Crew updates are likely to be released would be far more useful. By dates I mean, in the next month, next 1-2 months etc rather than specifics as I understand that is difficult

• Like Like x 10
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As I’m the designated question asker for progress on the PS5 DLC limit fix (basically because it is the only thing I really care about right now) I’d like it to be covered in the live stream, and if it isn’t going to be out for a long time I would like to be told that.

• Like Like x 14
  27. OldVern

Well at least until SOS comes out.

Until then I'll be across the way making up trains in West Colton and Barstow Hump Yards and delivering/picking up cargo at various locations in the Bakersfield/Mojave/Trona vicinity!

• Like Like x 1
  28. SubwayRailfanner

Yeah they are it was fun at first but it got tiring after awhile. It's to consistent. I think what they should do Is have either one developer focus on Loco Add Ons or each developer can focus on one specific nation/country. So it can be more fair.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

If DTG are going to be talking about the QA process, they need to give us some specific examples, like the broken collectables on London Commuter and Sherman Hill.

In my simple world, a few clicks of the mouse to the place the missing item or to move the invisible wall, submit to QA, with instructions where to find said items - job done, a few hours work. So why is it taking months to address these day 1 release issues and to make available these bug fixes?

If the issue is the availability of release slots on the consoles, why can't the fixes be pushed out to PC/Steam users ASAP

• Like Like x 8
  30. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

That kind of defeats the point of the third parties. Third parties develop the content they want to, unless they are specifically working on a project as a second party as Rivet did on Glasgow Commuter helping DTG with the route creation.

• Like Like x 4
  31. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Let's see what Matt has to tell us today. I certainly find it somewhat surprising that they have now realised all the problems related to testing, considering that TSW is already a veteran product with more than 30 routes built and a lot of DLC.
    I imagine that the firecracker has exploded in their hands but they must have realised that with this progression there was going to come a time when what was going to explode was a grenade.

I hope all this learning is good for their future and once and for all they lay a solid foundation for something that is going to get bigger and more complex as time goes on, especially considering it's a multiplatform game.

• Like Like x 4
  32. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

This !!!!

• Like Like x 2
  33. DTG Natster

We will be talking about the PS5 issues tonight as well.

• Like Like x 2
  34. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Guys, where's the fix for the "Fast Line" Scenario (LBN)?
    What about the sound correction of the 377 SN, 387 GX (LBN) and M7 LIRR Cabs?
    LBN has problems with red lights, not least Dresden, which has problems with them, with trains stuck halfway, and I don't hear DTG say anything about the crashes and various problems encountered in Dresden.

• Like Like x 5
  35. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Yes. And so far for the only known 3rd-parties that's done content in TSW in general, let's see here.
    You got:
    • Skyhook (that's done US/German work, with a bit of UK)
    • Rivet (some UK and, mainly, Swiss)
    • TSG (needs no explanation)
    As well as a few second parties like Armstrong Powerhouse (for UK Sounds) and Bossman (UK Steam).

As many said before, there have been plenty of loco DLCs for both UK and, especially, Germany that's been made in the past (both 3rd party and DTG). But the US locos is the only one that has not been in planned so far for over a year now. And if it's Dovetail that's gonna be doing the work for loco add-ons, then this is where the US side of content is gonna fall flat quicker than expected, let alone Skyhook taking the only mantle for who knows how long.

• Like Like x 3
  36. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Luzern-Sursee :D. Wonderful route. Used it a lot during my military service last year, and very happy to see it being worked on. Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  37. tallboy7648

I wonder if the lirr update includes a fix finally to the m7 audio cutting out and not being able to hear the motor audio of the train?

• Like Like x 2
  38. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The items on this Roadmap are not without some interest but the problem is we have no idea when any of this is going to happen. Words like " soon " and phrases like " with our next update " have no resonance in the present climate.

And, as others have said, where are the UK and US loco dlc? And why is the dysfunctional " save " app the elephant in the room?

• Like Like x 11
  39. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

It's not on the roadmap, but is Mastery being worked at by the Dovetail live crew? I can do things while being logged in and still i get no progress in mastery, which is very frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  40. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

What he said with bells on

• Like Like x 3
  41. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I honestly didn't like this Roadmap format, I think it is much more inconclusive and inaccurate than the previous version, the only thing that has improved is knowing the routes to be worked on, but the previous format is much more detailed and analytical.

• Like Like x 7
  42. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I was a big critique of the order of PC updates last time out, but I have to say I think the order in this RM is well thought out and addresses the routes in a good order. Yeah personally Id prefer to see RT further up the list and LIRR further down and few other changes here and there, but thats just my personal and selfish perspective based on the routes I like to drive.

Good work team,

• Like Like x 2
  43. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Because DTG wants parity across all platforms and users. Remember the outrage when Epic got the 4.26 update 2 weeks before everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  44. DavidY

DavidY New Member

Apologies if I've missed this question being asked... (not been on here for ages) but I have a question about the Creators' Club and Scenario Designer. As I understand it, the CC will allow scenarios to be shared via a website.
    Will this website allow upload of scenarios?
    If there was a scenario file format in something like a JSON/XML file format, it would then hopefully be possible to edit them offline (in something like Excel) , run a macro or similar to export it to the right file format, and then upload a scenario.
    I suspect editing in something like Excel would make it considerably easier to create/ manage elements of a more complex scenario.

45. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Honestly imo this "roadmap" layout needs to change. Can we not at least have releases listed by month/season with the caveat of "subject to change"? (which roadmaps inevitable do anyway) I think I've said it before but in case I didn't, I prefer roadmaps to list clearly what's being worked on (and it's progress) and scheduled/expected releases so we have a better idea what to expect. This format just doesn't interest me at all and the fact that nothing has really changed, they might as well just drop a link to the previous article. I'll add I'm not one to reading in detail about changes etc for a roadmap. So perhaps if this format doesn't change could they add a simpler version on the forums? I understand that we're going back in circles here but I really dislike this current format.

• Like Like x 6
  46. SubwayRailfanner

I agree or they can do time estimate predictions next to the routes on the list as to how long they think the development of a route/add on will be completed. I know they don't like to give early dates but it will give us an idea of how long it would take instead of us having to play the guessing game every time a route is being made. I think that's part of the reason we all lose patience.

• Like Like x 3
  47. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I'm going to find the stream interesting and for Riesa-Dresden owners there should be the option to use DB BR363s on SKA yards

• Like Like x 1
  48. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Has this been confirmed? Hopefully the G6 as well.

• Like Like x 1
  49. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Not everyone can watch these streams. It's a pity that people are still forced to do this when they want information instead of giving it in text form.

• Like Like x 8
  50. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

The opposite has been confirmed. There won’t be any shunting services in the new SKA timetable.

• Helpful Helpful x 2