Another Week With Nothing 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SBos, Feb 5, 2022.

1. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Well DTG Naster closed the original thread because people were getting personal I suppose, however, having deleted the offending posts it was not necessary to close the thread unless of course DTG don’t have any answers and it appears they don’t.

Once again they say they hear our frustrations how many times have we heard that one but literally no progress.

Tell us what happened to the regular smaller updates for a start.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I will be very clear, if this thread descends into the same pattern as the original it will also be locked.

The regular smaller updates fixed a series of issues.

We are currently back to the schedule of bringing updates out alongside releases as we have frequent releases scheduled.

Our biggest blocker at the moment is testing. This is what's holding up the Preservation crew updates.

It is likely when they are tested they will come out alongside a release, however that is no longer a strict rule, we can adjust when we put them out when they are ready.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

So no longer will we see smaller regular updates is the latest answer and now back to a schedule of brining updates alongside releases. So don’t expect anything to be fixed until they release the expansion pack. You know the expansion that includes more timetable services for the Bakerloo line that we were told would be included in the original release and then told we would have to wait a bit. What next an expansion pack for rushour passengers for the London Commuter.

Testing still being blamed for no updates except of course we know a lot of Adams work has finished testing.

If issues are fixed they should be released not expect us to wait until you release something.

No wonder customers get annoyed.

• Like Like x 4
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

If I remember right its only scenarios we are getting along with the re skinned 1972 stock. The only timetable change is for SKA from what I make out it a whole new time table that Joe has done.

Hentis

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Darn, that’s a bit of a shame. Hope they reveal at least a bit more, right now it isn’t worth buying in the slightest.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Agreed

• Like Like x 3
  7. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Yeah it's doubtful I'll be purchasing it either, I can just recreate the livery myself for free instead of paying for three routes I've already paid for.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

good luck with that, your not paying for 3 routes tho, its 3 liveries that have been made as well as a new timetable. of course you dont have to buy, but reacting the liveries god luck with livery creator

• Like Like x 1
  9. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I know the issue of pres crew updates is contentious, and we want them asap. Can someone please explain how name calling each other or abusing each other or getting into petulant arguments, help? It will be released when it's ready to be released!
    We can demand and yell until the cows come home and what would that actually achieve...? Nothing
    Everyone just calm down and wait.

• Like Like x 6
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I thought there would be additional services for bkl. If not then that just makes the bkl expansion pointless then. You can easily paint the 72 stock sliver in livery designer

• Like Like x 2
  11. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

The expansion pack has Railfans. Totally worth it if you ask me :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Going to show my ignorance here but how does Railfans improve the game?

• Like Like x 2
  13. antwerpcentral

As they were not in the game before I guess it's an improvement that they are present? If there were no trees in the game and this expansion pack would add trees it would be an improvement. No?

14. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Not a clue what your on about.

• Like Like x 5
  15. tallboy7648

People recording a train or taking pictures of a train adds no value in the game for me quite frankly

• Like Like x 3
  16. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Are you kidding, is it serious that this new journey expansion will be paid? We paid a truckload of money in the game and its DLC's and now quest expansions for the game's baselines will be paid? As a Brazilian sports commentator says, it's barbaric!!!

• Like Like x 4
  17. marcsharp2

Yep it's a paid DLC, Content Creator was going to be behind a paywall as well (Purchased with this DLC) but needless to say there was bit of a backlash

• Like Like x 2
  18. Bradley

Ermmm of course it’s paid nothings free you know.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

No, they should have got all their programmers to work for free so that they could give it to us for free. Ir at least some people seem to think like that. Mentioning no names of course.

• Like Like x 2
  20. tcmikaelsouza

Dude, with all due respect, if I'm asking, it's because I don't know, it sounds obvious to you, but it wasn't to me, and maybe many others.

the Amtrak 50 livery was free, the Arosa Line ones were not, this journey expansion could be free or paid, if I knew the answer I wouldn't ask...

• Like Like x 2
  21. Bradley

Then you should watch the streams then you’d know

22. marcsharp2

Not everyone has time to watch a stream.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Bradley

So your telling me people have time to make threads and post in the forum yet not watch the streams something doesn’t add up

• Like Like x 1
  24. antony.henley

But they do have time to come on the forums and post!
    A lot of info is given out in the streams. Yes I am well aware of real life matters happens, infact I am all to aware, But I still managed to watch the streams if I missed them on playback usually in my dinner / tea breaks when I was working. At the end of the day its entirely upto you whether you watch them or not. in no way do not ever expect any piece of DLC from Dovetail is going to be free of charge, and that's not a shot either at DTG.

Hentis

25. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Maths wasn’t your strongest subject at school then.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Lenwigg

You need to get another translator, Because to me in English you are moaning as usual. Ask that Brazilian if he knows of one.

27. marcsharp2

Streams of upto over an hour, Or a quick look on forums that can take a minute or two... Yeah completely the same thing.

• Like Like x 5
  28. marcsharp2

Not everyone has time watch streams even on playback, so Forums is where a lot of people get their information from. A bullet point about the information given in the live stream would be useful.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Bradley

Actually it was, we didn’t need rocks or abacuses

30. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Gosh this one’s gone OT again

SBos I feel your pain, give it another 24 hours from now and see what the roadmap has to bring. I sadly expect disappointment but hope for a silver lining somewhere.

I’ll keep my eyes peeled for part 3 of this soon ;)

• Like Like x 1
  31. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Watched the roadmap, but starting to lose interest to be honest, just more admissions from Matt that nothing has really changed from a year ago which is really disappointing after all the previous talk. Glad that Nat was pushing in respect of the Preservation work that is finished but still yet to be released but not convinced anything is going to change, talk is cheap as they say. Let’s see what happens going forward. All that said I still love all that is good about this game.

• Like Like x 2
  32. antwerpcentral

I don't get the negative comments. Most of us have been asking (even shouting) to stop pushing new content whilst there is so much content to fix. The flow of new releases has slowed down. Releases are being pushed back. And fixes are being released. The last release was surprisingly good. I watched the roadmap stream and I still feel like things are going the right way. I like this game better the way it goes now. I don't need every week a new route or even an update. I just want routes that are fun to play.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

Diesel Legends everyone? This is just a reskin of existing locos we already pay and have to pay again. This new timetable feels the same. With all the bugs and problems the game have they should offer us and yes why not fix bugs first, release content after.

• Like Like x 3
  34. Lenwigg

And what is wrong with Diesel Legends for gods sake. I have had it for ages played on it loads and no problems. Great locos all on a great route and very pleased with my purchase. if you don't like the idea of it because you have paid for some or all of it in other ways, simple, don't purchase it.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

the problem is paying for locos already in the game, only with another paint job. Is what this timetable looks like.

• Like Like x 3
  36. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

He has said numerous times he is from Brazil and English not being a first language the streams are difficult to watch and understand . As simple as that really

• Like Like x 5
  37. Lenwigg

Those that purchased it obviously thought it was worth the money. Myself included

38. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Face facts, they're all hands to the pump on SOS.

39. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Once again you are stirring the pot. I don’t watch the streams, as I don’t have time nor the inclination. I do have time to visit the forums occasionally. They aren’t the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Lenwigg

Sorry, seems to me that you are stirring the pot again and trying to get things heated up again. It was five days ago that he said that!

• Like Like x 2
  41. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning,

Thanks for the support, that's exactly what happens here, during my work I could even put the Roadmaps to listen, but I'm not native in English, I intend to stay a day, but financial conditions don't help, and there isn't even one channel in Portuguese or Spanish so I can understand what's going on.

What I have left is, when I have time, to watch an excerpt with translated subtitles, but this takes a lot of time, which sometimes I don't have, so I and most people use the forums, here it is usually clearer and more accurate.

• Like Like x 2
  42. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Shame they are not doing it as route Expansion like extending SE HIGH-SPEED (London Victoria to Dover priroy) GWR (READING to Oxford ) accept DTG as usually decide to take the easy option of adding an extra few scenario,s to existing routes (that take a mere 45 min to complete) all for £9 (£8.99) waste of time & money if you ask me

• Like Like x 1
  43. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Route extensions are not going to happen, period, full stop. Off the table.

44. antony.henley

They have turned round multiple time and said they will not do route extensions.
    Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  45. tcmikaelsouza

This is very sad, what in your opinion why they don't extend routes? No financial return?

PS: I myself don't understand why they cut the underside of Ebbsflet Intl, I think it would be interesting to make routes between St Pancras and Ebsflett only.

46. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

not at all. I simply hadn’t been here for a few days and saw how many posts Nat had removed on the first thread, and it seemed to be kicking off a second time

47. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Knowing full well it would be to much like hard work for them to do that

• Like Like x 1
  48. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Knowing full well that they tried them in TS and they didn't sell.

49. tallboy7648

And why was that?

50. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Have to say I have watched a few Roadmaps and apart from maybe 5 minutes of things that interested me, that was it, just lots of Waffle in my book, company speak blah blah etc. I put up with that at work, so tend to use my time more wisely, when it is my time we are talking about.

I sit on the forum most of the day while I am work and gain far more from that. I can selectively choose what I want to read.

• Like Like x 3