The Sound Of Silence

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Redbus, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Any movement on fixing the Xbox sound issues? We’ve had no news of progress for a while. I was streaming WCL for some mates and it was embarrassing trying to explain the awful pneumatic drill-like sounds that occurred after a time when driving the 37. Seriously as an Xbox player I would really appreciate some movement on a fix. We’ve been told it’s “complicated” recompiling the audio to OGG format, but can we not get it done and move on? This is a major issue affecting a third of the player base and should be prioritised thus. It really does significantly lessen the enjoyment of the game.

Also can you please reactivate Quick Resume on Series X? This was/is a useful feature and somewhat alleviates the broken save game functionality. I say was, because at some point it was working but was disabled in an update.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Exactly . Dtg are trying to fix the PS5 dlc limit , and are keeping us updated , but nothing is being done about the Xbox sounds

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Last I heard it isn't complicated, just time consuming to recompile and adjust every single sound in the game to the new format and then test everything, so it's likely it's a logjam in the audio and testing departments (which are already flooded as we know)

4. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Agreed, the xbox sound issue is game breaking for me, I play now with the TV on next to no volume, just so I cant here it every 10-20 seconds

• Like Like x 1
  5. jordan.owen1

jordan.owen1 New Member

I really hope that they get a fix in place before Spirit of Steam. Absolutely agree that it's a game breaker, completely takes away the immersion and is down right annoying. I play another transport based simulator and can be using it for hours without a single hiccup in the audio! Get that the devs are probably worlds apart and budgets etc, but I don't think anyone playing this game hasn't already a substantial amount of our well earned cash for the privilege!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That is very unlikely considering that SoS is approaching already. To fix the audio issue, DTG need to implement a different audio engine which means a) rebuilding (compiling, not start from scratch) the core game and the entire DLC catalogue and b) testing the core game and the entire DLC catalogue with a complete QA pass. Since the new audio engine has a higher memory impact, every route needs to be thouroughly checked as the change could result in worse performance or more crashes. That’s a massive undertaking and unlikely to be tackled prior to release of SoS from what we know.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

We will be lucky to see it before this years big annual update...

8. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

Fully agree on reinstating Quick Start. Its loss is sadly missed.