Introduction Of A "advanced" Guard Ai For The Mk1 Guard Carrige

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I've been exploring the Mk3 carriges on the West and Somerset route and one of the carriges is a Guard's carrige. I'm no expert on it but by the looks of things he has some control over the train. He also I remember steps out at every station and when it's time to leave he blows his whistle to notify the driver at the front he's good to go now. An exciting feature for TSW that will take a bit to perfect.

in TSW it will be best to have around 20 diffrent sound recordings of whistle blowing, some could be short, long.....it can get really technical. Also just so we don't hear the same noise every time. He's going to be a very hard working guard AI. I am not sure how stable the AI are right now so in the beggining he won't have any control over the train, just steps out as the train loading begins (appears to be working hard) and when the loading has finished and you as the driver close the doors he would blow the whistle step back into his seat and be ready to do it all over again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karl456

Karl456 Member

I can remember that such a "whistle" feature has already been implemented into some DLC for TS. I'm not totally sure but I think it was the DB BR 143 with its coaches, created by VirtualRailroads. Maybe there are other DLCs with this feature, too, but I can only remember this one. Of course there was no real person stepping out of the train and actually it always was the same whistle sound to hear, but nonetheless I really enjoyed this feature because it makes the simulator appear more realistic, as you've mentioned already. So I'd support it for TSW, too, as it would be very useful - at least you can implement this feature on dozens of routes as it has been and it is still very common to have a guard with a whistle who tells the train driver when he's good to go.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

*EDIT I meant MK1 not Mk3