Heart Of Wessex Line- Weymouth To Bath Spa And Chippenham

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrSouthernDriver, Feb 12, 2022.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

The Heart of Wessex Line, also known as the Bristol to Weymouth Line, is a railway line that runs from Bristol Temple Meads to Westbury and Weymouth in England. It shares the Wessex Main Line as far as Westbury and then follows the course of the Reading to Taunton Line as far as Castle Cary.

[​IMG]

the map. (up to only Bath Spa and Chippenham)

Locos:

[​IMG]

The British Rail Class 158 Express Sprinter is a diesel multiple-unit passenger train, built for British Rail between 1989 and 1992 by British Rail Engineering Limited at its Derby Litchurch Lane Works.

[​IMG]

The British Rail Class 166 Networker Turbo is a fleet of diesel multiple-unit passenger trains, originally specified by and built for British Rail, the then Great Britain state-owned railway operator. They were built by ABB at York Works between 1992 and 1993.

(this route will also feature the 13 mile mainline between bath spa and chippenham for services to London Paddington

[​IMG]

The British Rail Class 802/800 are a type of bi-mode multiple-unit passenger trains built by Hitachi for Great Western Railway, TransPennine Express and Hull Trains. Based on the design of the Hitachi A-train, the trains are part of the Hitachi AT300 product family.

PICTURES:

[​IMG]

Class 158 at Westbury

[​IMG]

Class 166 Departing Weymouth

[​IMG]

Class 800 Entering Bath Spa

[​IMG]

Class 800 or 802 Entering Chippenham

[​IMG]

Class 166 at the Classic Bradford-on-Avon station

• Like Like x 4
  2. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

If I understand correctly you're suggesting the line I've highlighted in green and the line in blue or have I misunderstood and you mean the pink line? Either way I would be happy if this route was made for the game :)
    heart-of-wessex.png

3. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

It's actually both the blue and pink line included with the green line. So all of those lines highlighted are included

• Like Like x 1
  4. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I suggested something similar earlier in the week, though I would include a longer stretch of the GWML as including a Class 800 for a 10 minute one stop service wouldn't be worthwhile IMO.

5. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Even better than I thought and more of a reason for me to want it :)