PC Rsn Br155 Pzb Issues

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Cramnor, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I was running service DB 80302 Lethmathe - Kreuztal with the BR155 on RSN just now. I encountered one instance where a distant signal was showing a Vr0 (expect a red main signal, I believe this was the distant signal that corresponds to the main signal just before Altena) and one where I got a Ks2 distant signal (again, expect a red main signal, this time it was the distant signal that belongs to the signal just outside Werdohl, the distant signal where the Lf6 for the upcoming 70 speed limit is next to it). In both instances, I used PZB acknowledge. However, both times, the 1000Hz did not light up and I got an emergency brake application. (There might be more instances like that, but I turned PZB off after these two events).
    Is that an issue with the signals/PZB on RSN for some of the signals along the route, as I have used the 155 on other routes and PZB worked fine?
    Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

Just ran this same service to see what would happen. I did it via the Journey menu (as I'm ticking 'em!) and got the red DB BR185.2.

Got all expected PZB warnings for signals and speed restrictions except at one place. Approaching the tunnel before Werdohl station I got a single yellow, which I acknowledged, but no 1000 Hz light came up. No emergency brake application for me, though.

HTH

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  3. Cramnor

Well, seems to be a problem with the BR155 then. I never had these major problems on RSN before, which is what surprised me a bit.

4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I checked this a minute ago. I got a penalty brake application just before Werdohl, passing an adverse signal.
    On speed (70-80 kph).
    BR 155.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I saw that on a live stream that there is a quirk with the 155 when acknowledging PZB using the controller/ keyboard. Due to the way the physical cab switch is animated you need to hold down the acknowledge button for much longer than in other locos (or than you would expect).

• Like Like x 1
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is another story. Other places OK. A bug, probably.

7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

What cab of the 155 is leading in this service? There's an ancient issue since the release of the 155 that PZB Acknowledge doesn't work in cab no. 2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

9. Cramnor

MMhhh, it might have actually been cab number 2, since when going to the exterior camera it jumps to the end of the train first. So there is a bug where cab 1 works fine and cab 2 has some issues with PZB? Interesting, haven't come across something like that before :o

10. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

You haven’t come across it because services usually place no. 1 in the leading position. However, as I said, if no. 2 was leading then that is an issue with the 155 since launch.

• Like Like x 2
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

#2 100%