Train Sim World 2- The Start Of A New Journey

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 4, 2022.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Ten bucks? Sold.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Technically, $14 in US. But still, not a bad deal for this expansion pack, gonna be a Day 1 for sure.
    (since after hearing the numbers on the SD40 will get fix, hopefully very soon)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

You had me already with the first railfan on Bakerloo. I'm sold on this expansion pack. I support the idea of updating older routes like this. I think this pack makes sense. I also understand people that don't like this pack. They are probably right in their reasoning why it's not worth it but I guess the pack is geared to a broader audience than purists.

• Like Like x 3
  4. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

For all three routes or just one?

5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

More of this kind for the price \o/

• Like Like x 2
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For the pack.
    Enhancements for all three base routes included.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

After watching the steam I am still going to stick with my answer, I don't think it's worth it, there is still very little traffic in the route, and updates, probably wait until it goes sale. Looking forward to the Harlem Line, that's what i am going to get on day 1

• Like Like x 7
  8. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Hello!
    Will the DB BR 101 be playable on Köln - Aachen route?

9. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Yes but sadly not on gen 8

10. dhekelian

What if you only want one from the pack? Would you have to delete the other two?

11. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Oh dear. I feel with you. It’s a pity the older consoles don’t hang on. But I’m glad you told me anyway. I wonder how far I will get with my old PC. So far it works but will it handle the steam route? Hoping and praying.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'll be picking this up next Thursday, mainly for the Sand Patch content, though I'll take a turn on the early AM S19 service to see what's new. I really don't see what they can do to make me open up Bakerloo again, except perhaps to add more surface trackage and that is not coming, of course.

13. solicitr

Not sure. Earlier 'gameplay packs' like HFP and DLGW exist as their own .pak files with locos and services; but if this one actually reworks the SKA timetable, it may replace the whole route.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

"Joe filled it up with awesome." - Matt, talking about the new SKA timetable.

A complete day 1 purchase for me. I am also looking forward to the new scenarios and would welcome future enhanced game play packs. I am looking forward to Thursday!

• Like Like x 3
  15. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Sadly. So true. Especially because SKA would be the first route where you can use LZB at the 101 at timetable mode.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

Does this come with new achievements

17. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

We already have the transmission, and those who do not speak English, are they second class customers? Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world, in the United States they are 43%, they deserve respect. Portuguese is the only language spoken on the 5 continents, it doesn't deserve respect either. Not everyone speaks English, so they should answer certain written questions that way, at least we would use the google translator. It seems unfair to me that they have first and second class clients. or we have to learn English to be able to play TSW2. because in the stores the prices come in euros, not in pounds. It will be that they know how to make changes, they can also help others (not English speakers) to understand the game. Thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  18. kekanha#4892

Totalmente de acuerdo, pero el precio debe estar de acuerdo con el trabajo realizado. una ruta completa como londres-vitória, o un arenal no puede valer lo mismo que dos libreas y algunos tramos de ruta. ninguna locomotora es nueva. Estoy de acuerdo en que nadie es libre, pero todo tiene un término medio. ¿¿¿O no???

19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

You can use google translate too.
    I don't know English.
    Spanish? You mean Mandarin?
    https://www.berlitz.com/en-uy/blog/most-spoken-languages-world

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  20. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

In my opinion it's a good price, I'll buy it on the first day without any doubt. I'm looking forward to enjoy the new timetable built by Joe in Köln.

One thing I found curious, in the first preview they did at the Festival of Rail, when Matt was leaving Koln he came across a BR 101 at 16:40:
    IMG_20220211_010650.jpg

Instead today we saw that the only playable service with this train leaves Aachen at 20:54:
    IMG_20220211_010836.jpg

Does this mean that there is an AI service with BR101?

• Like Like x 4
  21. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

yup

22. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

For that price it’s definitely a purchase for me. I like playing scenarios the most, so it works out at £1 each. I like the new liveries and extra services as well so pretty good value for me. To be honest I was sold at having a long service for the DB BR 101. The rest is all a bonus.

Last nights stream even encouraged me to give Sand Patch another look.

• Like Like x 4
  23. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Is the BR 101 service driveable or AI only?

24. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

There is one drivable service. I was a bit sleepy during the stream, but I think it was quite a long one.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Oh, so there is 101 reasons for buy already.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Oelix

Oelix Active Member

And there are non-drivable 101 services as well, at least in Köln. The drivable one starts at 20:54 in the evening, and Matt pointed out an arriving 101 in Köln Hbf when he got there at about 8:50 in the morning game-time. A bit like ICs and ICEs in Dresden Hbf on Tharandter Rampe.

• Like Like x 5
  27. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

There is a confirmed manageable service. But it also appears that there are other AI services.
    And who knows, maybe not only with br 101. Joe never ceases to surprise us!

• Like Like x 6
  28. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

The 101 service is an 52 min journey

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  29. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Sounds like it might be worth a punt at that price, keep things ticking over until Spirit Of Steam.

• Like Like x 2
  30. kekanha#4892

31. kekanha#4892

I am also going to buy it, I have no doubts about that, but I am also aware of the value that money has for me. I would buy it even if it cost 1,000 euros, because I can and I'm a fan, but there are fans just like me who for them have more value, they need it for other things like diapers for their children. I have enough, but many do not, and I am aware of that, and I believe that the value is not fair, because for certain people €5 corresponds to extra savings.

32. solicitr

Again, DTG chiseling American customers. Their USD prices are always a tick or two above the exchange-rate pound and euro prices- so for some reason we are being charged $14 for what Brits are getting for the equivalent of $12.25.

Maybe it's the transatlantic shipping rates?

• Like Like x 4
  33. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

so true, why do we have to pay that amount while they don't. I agree with you.

• Like Like x 2
  34. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

The same reason us brits pay £449 for a PS5 while you pay $499, roughly equivalent to £380. Or why Apple charges $1299 for their MacBook Pro 13 in the US but £1299 in the UK.

• Like Like x 4
  35. solicitr

Apple products have to be physically shipped across the ocean. Digital downloads, not so much.

(Also, those UK prices include VAT, whereas the US prices don't include sales tax).

• Like Like x 1
  36. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Even the Canadian exchange is a tick high too. Sorry but our dollar is still worth more than $0.52 to the USD dollar. Watch this will price a $22.99 in Canada.

• Like Like x 2
  37. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I can't really muster up any enthusiasm for this personally, of the three routes getting expanded I only care for Bakerloo line, and the content getting added seems so barebones. It's the bare minimum for an add on I think. I'd maybe care a bit more if they went to the effort of creating a new interior, but all we get is a livery which I'm sure many talented livery designer creators could whip up in a matter of minutes, heck even I've made more complicated liveries. Oh and a few scenarios, which I guess is neat.

When you're only interested in one of the routes like I am, £9 is far too steep for what you're getting in my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  38. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Agreed it's sad we have to pay more things on Steam for products like TS and TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, I believe the UK price for a route dlc is usually £24.99 which would be just short of $34.00. Last time I bought a route it was $29.99, so, correct me if I'm wrong but I think I got a favorable rate there.

• Like Like x 2
  40. solicitr

SUggestion for the next one of these: a reskinned 387 Heathrow Express layer for GWE

• Like Like x 4
  41. dhekelian

Must say I was surprised at this. As a Brit I find it is usually us that gets shafted but you should try and get an answer from Matt.

As for the pack, I too am only interested in Bakerloo but as has been said not enough in there for £9 imo.

• Like Like x 2
  42. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I asked this question in the week, well trophies anyway. Looked at the version info which is on the PS4 version. It’s up to 1.68
    1.66 states support for this DLC and nothing added to the list.

Xbox achievements may still be on the cards so who knows. PlayStation running out of room in the trophy cabinet :D (I joke :( is my reaction as there is new DLC that has nothing, I wait the result of the Texas hold ‘em game DTG and Sony are playing to decide if more can be added in the future)

• Like Like x 1
  43. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Personally I’m only interested in the SKA enhancements and I’m more than happy to pay £8.99.

My only feedback would be that (A) Considering this route is supposed to enhance the core routes, it only seems to provide an in-depth focus on SKA, (B) if a new player buys the base game, then is seeing an ‘enhancement pack’ for another £9 it’s probably going to put them off more than anything. (C) If this type of product line is to take off, I think that they should focus on one route, enrich the timetable, rolling stock, scenarios & route itself as much as possible, as opposed to tackling 3, because it sort of seems like Bakerloo & SPG are getting a really bad deal in this pack.

Im happy to support stuff like this initially, as I think these packs do have a place, however more in-depth focus on routes needs to take place.

Personally I would like to see a pack designed for HMA, I truly think that could stand along side Riesa - Dresden if it is given some love.

• Like Like x 7
  44. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Don't think so, only routes will get them now, "thank" Sony I guess: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-2-achievements-and-trophies.47842/

45. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I'll probably buy it in a sale sometime down the line on PC but I am considering buying it on Xbox to give me some extra variety on the core routes while I can't play on PC.

46. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

After watching the preview stream in full and having a long think about it, $14 before sales tax frankly is too much for what little value is in this pack and therefore I will not be buying this pack.

Personally SKA was part of the pack that peeked my interest even if it was just a reskined 423 with extra services. For $14 dollars though it only feels like SKA was the route that got enhanced since that got extra services. BKL and SPG just got new liveries that don't interest me and that someone could've made in livery designer. So for $14 dollars for reskins for two routes and additional services for one route, it isn't worth it at that price point in my opinion. Had it been $7-$10 I probably would've gotten it but at $14 it's just too much for too little

Considering that the base game costs $29.99 and the pack is $13.99 for a new player, for a new player that would cost them $43.98 in total. At that price point with what little the pack gives you for the other two routes, that might be a turn off for new players and frankly they would be better off buying a route dlc instead

If things like this are gonna take off, it's better in my opinion to have a pack for a individual route instead of three because again one route gets additional services and the others get new liveries. Makes it seem like your getting a bad deal with the other two. Frankly an option to buy one of the enhancements separately would've been better in my opinion.

I do feel like this whole pack though was a cheap way for DTG to earn some extra cash. But it's too expensive for what little you get in total and unfortunately there wasn't an in depth focus on all the routes in total adding less value to the pack. I get what DTG are trying to do but there needs to be a more in depth focus instead of adding reskins to trains and scenarios with people taking pictures of your train as that adds little value. This wasn't well thought out.

If this were to go on sale, I may reconsider buying it. But considering that Xbox sales are non-existent, I'll just wait for the Harlem Line instead.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  47. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Definite day 1 purchase for all the extra services…. Oh, wait, I have a PS5 so will be deleting services to add service….. ho well, will be buying some other time, hopefully in 2022….

• Like Like x 2
  48. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'll probably get it for the updated SKA timetable, but it's really disappointing that there's no new services, or increased train lengths for Sandpatch. Kinda hard going back after the long trains on Sherman Hill.

49. ILied

ILied Active Member

The reason for the 101 to be missing on Gen 8 consoles on SKA is a simple one: memory. When a train has unique coaches it takes up more memory than when a train reuses coaches. The ICE has 7 unique coaches, whereas the 313 has 2 unique coaches, therefore the only way the ICE and 101 will layer on Gen 8 is if the memory useage can be reduced or there are sufficient optimisations to the game that allow them to be added. Matt and the team are trying really hard to get it working, but patience is needed on our side as the priority is getting the game running properly. Microsoft and Sony require this to be on their platform.

The 101 runs with LZB on HRR …

50. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm only interested in Sand Patch on this pack, but a nice reskin and some scenarios isn't enough to sell it on top of all the stuff I'm not interested in. Maybe I should try dabbling in the livery editor to make that old CSX livery? Oh well, roll on Harlem Line!

• Like Like x 3