Couple Of Services Seem To Be Missing From The New Koln-aachen Timetable

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Feb 11, 2022.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

I may have put this thread together very quickly, but I wanted to get this out before the release of the New Journey's Expansion Pack as I do to bring this your attention before it comes out.

Now while I do like what was presented in the new Koln-Aachen timetable that's coming as part of the New Journey's Expansion Pack, I did noticed that there are a few services that were in the previous preview that are not present now, and one big service that is not present that was on the old timetable.

Getting this one out the way first, the big one is that the 6 Intermodal services from Rhein-Ruhr Osten don't appear to show up on the new timetable. For those who don't know what they are, along with bringing us the original S-Bahn services, Rhein-Ruhr Osten also brought 6 Intermodal services using the MRCE 185.5 and Container wagons available with the route. These were:
    • 9:15 Eastbound Intermodal
    • 11:10 Westbound Intermodal
    • 13:15 Eastbound Intermodal
    • 15:10 Westbound Intermodal
    • 17:15 Eastbound Intermodal
    • 19:10 Westbound Intermodal
    But from looking at the previews for the new timetable, I doesn't appear that these services are on the new timetable. How do I know this you may ask? Well if you look at the number of driveable services for the Railion 185.2 from MSB on this route, it is only 24 when it should be 30 (as I can do the Intermodal services as well as it's own services that it's bring to Koln-Aachen).

Original Timetable
    [​IMG]
    New Timetable
    Rhein-Ruhr Osten services not present.PNG

This was a thing in both previews by the way as I did check. I might be that DTG forgot when they removed the 422 from the new timetable that RRO also added those intermodal services, but I would like to know if they are present on the new timetable for not, and whether they will re-added at a later date.

I also noticed that with the new BR 425 services, there are 39 less services for it than what was shown in the Festival of Rail Stream, as the total shown last night was only 40, when in Festival of Rail, it was 79.

Festival of Rail
    BR 425 Missing Services 2.PNG
    What was Shown Last Night
    BR 425 Missing Services.PNG

It seems to be that only the westbound services out of Koln Hbf will be drivable and that the eastbound services going into Koln Hbf will be AI only, but I would like greater clarification on this.

But that later issue isn't as big of a deal as the RRO Intermodal services not being present as it means that not everything from the original timetable made it over to the new one and I would like to know why they are not present.

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

3. CowBoyWolf

also it went down from 408 to 369

4. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

Another thing about SKA is that all RE1 trains still seem to be facing the wrong direction. I've been seeing photos showing the Dosto cab car facing Aachen and the BR 146 facing Hamm.

I've never been to that area so I wonder if someone can confirm this.

Edit: When DRA was released the Dosto services were also facing the wrong direction. This was fixed in an update later.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Good observation, I like that

6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Maybe that was a pure non-DLC instance of the game?

EDIT To show how it looks as an addition to the base version of TSW.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2022
  7. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

If so, how come the 146+Dosto, 143, 185, 425 and 101 were showing? Also there were plenty of routes in the main menu, including Horseshoe Curve.

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Interesting. The first stream was 400+ services indeed.

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Mind you, Matt was playing a dev build

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent Analysis and what they should have done for BR185.5 is to use the Upgraded Nahverkehr Dresden version complete with its ocean Network Express containers in addition to the Original Rhein-Ruhr Osten version. Way to differentiate between the two Nahverkehr Dresden BR185.5 container trains have ocean Network Express containers which is absent on the original prototype RRO version has Hapag-Lloyd and Hamburg Süd containers.

11. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I also remember hearing or reading that the 423 was going to have at least a couple of services on the LZB section. Did anybody catch those on the stream?

12. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Taking a guess, when Matt showed the 425 services, all services were northbound (Koblenz to Mönchengladbach, while no southbound trains (Mönchengladbach to Koblenz ) were visible. So, I guess the forty less services will be (at least, I hope AI only) the returning RE8/RB 27 trains.

13. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I think those are the ECS Runs from Aachen in the morning, (which are already in the 422 layer) but they would only get into an LZB section shortly before Düren and then diverge onto the S Bahn lines

• Like Like x 1
  14. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I've chased this up with Matt, will get back to you when I have a response.

• Like Like x 3
  15. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Alrighty, so the missing 425 services are due to an issue making them run, as such they're now AI only.

The missing freight services on RRO are because there is an issue with the formations. Both timetables will require an update to resolve.

It is however worth highlighting that nobody is currently working on either timetable at this time.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. HaibaraHariko

So the MRCE BR 185.5 services will not be available even in the old timetable? Is that correct?

17. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

From looking at the preview stream, it seems like the BR 185.5 services will still be available on the old timetable. It's just that they won't appear on the new timetable coming out on Thursday.

18. HaibaraHariko

I will be fine with it as long as I can still drive it in Timetable services. Its sound is way better than the BR 185.2 now.

19. CowBoyWolf

Expect for the deafening noise

20. Task

Task Well-Known Member

You won't (without mods).

21. HaibaraHariko

That's why I only use the outside camara now. But it's still better than the 185.2.

I meant the old Timetable. Even if I'll have to see the 422 along the track.

• Like Like x 1