PC Nahverkehr Dresden: Br 185.5 Gets Stuck On The Junction Just After Dresden Freiberger Strasse.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by 123archie, Jan 29, 2022.

1. 123archie

123archie New Member

So, it all started with me setting up a BR185.5 freight train on a timetabled freight route, the 06:33 freight train for Dresden, I already spent like 45 minutes getting from Roderau to Dresden, but then, just after Dresden Neustadt, a series of yellow signals were provided, then a red signal and I was wondering: Why are the headlights on on the back of that train, but all of a sudden, I realised it was heading towards me, my train was literally going face to face with another freight train that got stuck on a junction, meaning that the signal was red, so I couldn't complete the timetable route.
    https://gyazo.com/9a6c404804f2676ef377180d9de32afb

2. argenfarkle

argenfarkle New Member

Yep, got the same problem. Since there are no operable switches on the way to Dresden on this run, it looks like I'm stuck. I did try contacting the signaller and got the message, "Denied. Your train appears to be off path." Can't tell where I got off-path, but there ya go.

--Ron

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Did you restore from a savegame?

4. argenfarkle

argenfarkle New Member

No, not a restore. Just chose it from the service selection screen.
    --Ron

5. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

This happened to me in daylight and with the 155.

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-12 at 11.23.39 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-01-12 at 11.23.39.jpeg

6. segladman1

segladman1 Member

Had the same happen on PS5. When you pass the objective at Dresden Mitte, the next objective is set 11km away just east of Coswig so this service is definitely set up incorrectly. Tried spawning on foot to see what the AI does and it starts reversing backwards at Dresden Mitte. Hopped on board, travelled all the way to the objective near Coswig and then back again to a finish at Dresden Hbf. So I reckon it is able to be completed. Don’t have time to try or test now, but my advice would be when you get to the objective at Dresden Mitte, stop at it rather than pass it and reverse to the next objective

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Hmmm, little weird but I might give it a try. Does this AI Train looking so dangerously at me and blocking the junction to Coswig move back anytime soon?
    Anyway, obviously this isn´t a loco related screw up, rather than timetable setup.

8. segladman1

segladman1 Member

When you move backwards towards Coswig, you clear the path for the train facing you so it ends up moving forwards and gets out the way. Also when returning to Dresden the AI was routed onto the track to the right of the one you are on in your picture so you can’t come face to face with it again, even if it doesn’t move. Would help if I had time to have a go at it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Yeah this happened to me too! After I noticed the 11km objective I was met with a red signal & ended up facing another 185.5 at a red just ahead of me blocking my path/I was blocking their path.

10. segladman1

segladman1 Member

33ECDCA2-2162-4FA2-80EF-1250443A8626.jpeg
    Managed to do it. Be careful when arriving at the objective East of Coswig as it’s on a downhill, you pass a red signal (says Green on the HUD but lit Red) and there is a Red signal (not obvious as it’s a W on the floor) a few metres past the objective. If using the distance in the top left corner of the HUD remember that is from the front of the train (loco end) so you hit the objective when that has about 400m remaining. Hope that helps

11. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Would be cool if it could be fixed ...

12. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Good morning friends, I'm facing the same problem in Dresden on PS4, starting RE50 several services from Leipzig to Dresden via journey, in addition to having trains stopped halfway at the beginning of the branch to Meissen, several freight trains are immobile in the vicinity of Dresden.
    TrainSim-Matt help us with this, as Dresden has been unplayable since its release.

13. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Can you get me some more specific details to re-test this for myself?

14. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

There are two services via journey where a Talent 2 get stuck at the Junction to Meißen branch. I forgot the exact services but one is in chapter 1 or 2 and the other is in chapter with the name "Fast track" or something in that way, it has a picture with a Dosto in the rain.

15. Jinoss17

Take the freight service starting at 06:33 at Roderau. Just after Dresden Neustadt there's a red signal prompting you to stop. This signal however never clears, because there's a freight train in front of you, opposite direction, same track.

16. Task

Task Well-Known Member

I think that's one of the infamous reversing freight services, the signal doesn't clear because the game wants you to go pack to Coswig (?) and then you can go back to Dresden again.

17. Jinoss17

Don't know what the game wants you to do, but it's definitely broken and needs fixing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt, several RE50 Leipzig-Dresden services from the journey are having this problem of having a train stuck at the junction that is the beginning of the branch that goes to Meissen, and this new error that most players have been referring to, happens in the vicinity of Dresden Hbf and Mitte, where there is a concentration of immobile freight trains, causing traffic and red lights in a domino effect.

EDIT:
    CHAPTER 02 - PATH 3;
    CHAPTER 08 - PATH 4;

I always take a look at the map before starting the service if there is a train stopped halfway at this beginning of the branch to Meissen, now I look in the vicinity of Dresden and most of the time I see these stationary trains.

Detail, when we don't face trains stuck in the middle of the way, we can come across a blue screen in this vicinity of Dresden Hbf and Mitte leaving Riesa, in any service.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Haven't encountered this issue on Xbox Series X and what is supposed to happen is that between Dresden Hbf & Neustadt the freight train MRCE BR185.5 DB BR143 has to do a wrong move to let yourself through then end at Dresden Hbf

20. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Never had it happen on pc either

21. TheRealisticAussie

TheRealisticAussie Member

I just played this timetable service in TSW4 and it's finally been fixed.