Train Sim World 2- The Start Of A New Journey

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 4, 2022.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, it's not that hard - I've done it - although the CSX logo itself is a bit fiddly. Unfortunately it isn't quite right, because LD uses the 3D model for the YN3b version, and it's in a lot of respects very wrong for even an SD40-2 in the 80s, much less an SD40. Also, given the different control arrangement, an OG SD40 is a rather different driving experience.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Only thing I’m interested in is Sandpatch livery. Time table upgrade after release I’m not interested in, time table being full at release I am.

I’m going to put the £8 on the increase in the food and gas bills

3. solicitr

Matt mentioned in the stream that the wrong cab-number series on the SD40 (it's still using Clinchfield not CSX numbers) was being fixed and would either be corrected by release or shortly afterward (of course, the CRR SD40's horn was going to be corrected "shortly after release" too...). But he didn't mention that the model shown also uses the Clinchfield number fonts, which are equally wrong for a CSX loco. Will those be fixed?

4. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Edited: Due to incorrect info.

Thanks grob-e

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

You will still see alot of AI's

6. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Nope the article is still correct, you'll get 80 new services with the 423 on the S-Bahn. The additional 40 new services for the BR 425 haven't been mentioned in the article at all. So, you'll still get 120 new services all in all for the BR 101, BR 423 and BR 425, instead of the original planned 160 new services.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. Confused the 423 and 425

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Probably not, they posted a preview video on Facebook, and it still have the 3000 series with the CRR font.

9. chieflongshin

Genuine question. How many people have completed every service on koln to need 120 more?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Such a good question. Given the repetitive nature of service mode in general, I think it's a case of diminishing returns to just keep adding them, unless you also add locos or rolling stock that you haven't driven before. Different weather and time of day only goes so far.
    The ability to create your own scenarios with novel consists and new paths is long overdue.

• Like Like x 3
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I need more. That means more traffic on the tracks. For me, it may be AI only.

This game is not about doing all the services, but participating in the railroad traffic among them.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 14
  12. chieflongshin

This is my thought. It's where the line is between purely creating traffic which I agree is good (but Joe did on Brighton as a labour of love and set the bar very high) and just milking old routes for cash.

I get that the routes are all in different stages now but unless a train really adds something new (and I appreciate there are limitations here) then I dont really want to chuck cash at a separate time table. I have all bar two routes, 900hrs plus in game and I've done at most 20 per dlc I'd have thought. For example, take Brighton, c35 mins as an average (i's guessing service) multiplied by 1487, thats roughly 867 hrs going up and down that line. Would you want to add more services to that?

Koln, 200 odd was it? You've done all them and now you can do the same200 plus a load more. I just can't compute it for the same track time and time and time and time again. Nature of being a driver though I appreciate.

The above said, I have recently begun to enjoy the Sbahn track variations they take as opposed to RE and ICE trains so I do get the other side of the coin too.

• Like Like x 4
  13. solicitr

Myself, I think that just having the right S-Bahn train is worth the price of a burger and fries.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

If there is significant saving to be made in having AI services instead of player services then I am all for that. As said above not many people actually play each of the services themselves, but want the volume of traffic on the line to make the ones they do play more interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  15. carter

carter Active Member

The BR 423 is not a layer it’s coming with it, and the 101 is included if you have next GEN or PC.

16. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

17. solicitr

Pardon, but we pay sales tax- roughly the same thing, but it is added on top of the listed price. Whereas list prices in Britain and Europe incorporate VAT.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  18. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Sure the thameslink services. Well my playing style is not based on finishing every single service with a gold medal.

For me every addition in service amount and variety is welcome, even if i wont ever have the time of driving all of them. But it adds a lot of immersion.

Not paying attention to medals enhanced my experience. Once i screwed up the train setup and started with 4 mins delay. Just cool to drive no Hud and get judged by the own mistakes.

19. chieflongshin

I'm playing on Boston today, the time table is still all over the place, will I be paying £8.99 for a fixed one here (negating the rush hour pre launch discount) or will this be fixed under preserve.

Muddy water....

• Like Like x 1
  20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

i really don't know, I am still waiting for them to fix the Boston route as well, I believe it's Adam's Preservation team, or it's the QA Team. One of them has to resolve the problem soon, hopefullly.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Crosstie

It works out roughly the same rate as in the UK, where VAT is usually 20%. In the US the Federal VAT is 10%. Add to that state and local sales tax which varies state to state from 0% to about 10%, with usually lower rates for food and medicine.

• Like Like x 1
  22. solicitr

There is no Federal sales tax or VAT. There are specific Federal excise taxes on certain items, like alcohol, tobacco, gasoline and automobiles. But there is no general Federal sales tax.

But you rather missed my point, which is that when you look at a list price in Europe or the UK, VAT is already included in the marked price. What's on the sticker is what you pay. Whereas in the US, state sales tax is an additional 5-10% in addition to what's on the sticker. In other words tax doesn't make up for the UK/US pricing disparity, it makes it worse, since Americans depending on where they live will be paying $14.70 to $15.40 for what Brits are paying the equivalent of $12.25 for.

• Like Like x 2
  23. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Generally you are correct of course but I cannot speak for the EU (and do not want to, lol) but there are some industries where VAT is not added, Building, disabled equipment, even some PC suppliers do not add the VAT. Usually though they do.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

So is this coming out tomorrow, or what? Haven't seen any title updates come through yet...

25. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

According to there Facebook page yes it is.

• Like Like x 1
  26. chieflongshin

I’m buzzing about tomorrow. I’ve got 899 pieces of virtual metal with Liz’s face on ready to go. It is with dismay though that this will be furnishing the palm of a middle England publican who will provide me with a some warm ale. Sorry DTG, it’s a hard pass and a warm pint on this one for me

• Like Like x 4
  27. NW 1218

NW 1218 Member

Oh, good. I'm not the only one who cringed really hard at those CSX SD40s. Just another awfully planned out and produced DTG money-grab where they just go it alone and don't ask anyone for help to get it right.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Crosstie

Well, for $20 and change I can buy a cold six pack of my favorite British import and still have enough left over for this add-on. So I think I'll do both and enjoy them at the same time.:D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  29. solicitr

Britain still mints pennies?

• Like Like x 1
  30. solicitr

You drink British beer cold???

31. Crosstie

Don't know 'bout you, but I don't know anybody over here who drinks warm beer.
    Ugh! Gag me with a spoon! :D

32. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Every pub I've been to has cold beer. I'm not a fan of real icy beer so I drink stuff off the shelf and even that is chilled. EPA is the stuff of choice.

33. solicitr

If "over here" means the USA, I know plenty. The best drinking temperature for a beer depends on the style, but a rule of thumb that isn't too far off is "the paler the colder." Pilsners and Kölsches can be drunk at fridge temperature (40 F), or rather you can keep them in the fridge and pour them into a room-temp glass. But brown ales, porters and stouts? Cert. not "warm," but deff. cellar temp, circa 55-60 F. Colder than that you are chilling out the aromatic organics that give them their flavor. IPAs and other hop-heavies can go colder, but not a lot.

The only beer which should be drunk ice-cold (32 F/0 C) is North American Adjunct Lager, aka American/Canadian mass-produced commercial suds (e.g. Budweiser). The reason for this is that at that temp it freezes your tastebuds so you can't taste the swill.

• Like Like x 4
  34. chieflongshin

It’s time accumulated shrapnel. As for cold vs warm beer, there’s times I’ll take either to serve a purpose. Cold for me for the win. We digress

35. AnthonyMacNZ

AnthonyMacNZ Member

Do any one know what time will this release for AU and NZ?

36. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Please wait for goodness sake at least 24hrs god only knows what ungodly level of barely tested headaches this dlc will come with.But the youtubers who buy everything 5 seconds after release should let us know the good(yea right)the bad and ugly within 24hrs so just be patient and wait.You can spend you hard earned cash anytime,this is not a limited supply item.

• Like Like x 2
  37. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Ok, in the end its still your opinion even a YouTuber says its bad. So a person u don't know irl or anything will say the pack is not good in his/her opinion so u won't buy it although u like how it looks? Its still your money and your opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  38. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Not to mention how much difference is there really between driving a 423 or a 425!
    I might investigate for the Bakerloo Line enhancements, if the reviews are favourable but at the moment more inclined to buy Diesel Legends for a bit more varied gameplay on GWE (even if the concept is rather flawed).

39. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

If you are still on the fence about this pack, now would be a good time to watch the preview streams we hosted.

The community will also begin to post videos of the add-on shortly, I would advise watching these they will give you another indication if it's going to be your cup of tea. Finally we will be showing it off in another stream tonight.

This pack is going to be exactly the kind of add-on some users want and they are going to love it, whereas for others there will be little to no interest as it's just not the kind of add-on they enjoy. This is fine.

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

What is the release time for this add on?

41. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

This afternoon around 3-6pm all Platforms

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

SOD that just go for Southern Comfort Neat with ICE, But now I'm a type 2 diabetic its gets less and less now :(
    Still having the odd one or two is not a sin

Hentis

43. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Does Creator's Club release with the Expansion Pack today?

• Like Like x 1
  44. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

IMG_20220217_123413.jpg On PlayStation Store it seems that it is already available in my country (Spain). As soon as I get home this afternoon I'll buy it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  45. antony.henley

downloading on the PS5 in the Uk now :)
    lets give it a looksie.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  46. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Destination boards are still borked on UK rolling stock on Xbox Series X, is this a known issue that is going to be patched, and if so, when can we expect a fix, 2023?

Attached Files:

47. antony.henley

No

48. Crosstie

Is there an actual detailed list of what all is included in the expansion pack.?
    Can't find the article.

49. chieflongshin

It's interesting seeing peoples thoughts coming through on social media. I'm not sure what some had built it up to be.

50. Crosstie

Oh, OK, I guess the article is upcoming.