New Journeys Expansion - Worth To Buy?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Feb 17, 2022.

1. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Good morning friends, on this day 1 of the new expansion, I want to ask you about your opinions, if you liked it and if you recommend buying it. Here in Brazil the value is coming out a little less than half the value of a full price route.

2. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Tbh I only got for the expanded timetable on Koln- Aachen and I'm enjoying it. But it's crashed twice for me now, once on the approach to Koln and another after completing a service and returning to the main menu so...

• Like Like x 1
  3. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It feels like to me that it's an expansion mostly for Koln-Aachen with a couple of token add ons for Bakerloo and Sandpatch, It's not a priority purchase for me. Four new extra services for Bakerloo is hardly groundbreaking and a livery that can be created on Livery Editor isn't convincing me to buy it, yeah I'm still annoyed that the 200 extra services for Bakerloo got dropped even though that was a key marketing aspect for TSW2. Imagine if for example, GTA6 is released with a promise that Bikes will eventually be added... And then it gets dropped. A lot of annoyed people.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tcmikaelsouza

I understand, I would only buy this expansion for Koln-Aachen anyway, I'll wait for more feedbacks about it.

5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

6. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Lots of criticism on social media about this expansion pack especially what little extra you get on the Bakerloo Line. Just 4 extra services evidently and a livery that could easily be done in the livery editor.

Just a quick money making exercise from DTG whilst long term issues with the game continue.

• Like Like x 4
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Is this purchase mandatory?

The content is not a secret for ages. For someone with TSW base only it is a good normal price for the BR 423 alone = any other loco add-on price level.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No, it's an expansion pack for existing content, not a requirement for that content to work as it always has.
    The assets in the pack (repainted locos etc) may be required for DLC in future, but that's not yet known

Depends on if the 423 from the previous pack is a requirement. I haven't checked as nothing in this pack is anything I play

• Like Like x 1
  9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

BR 423 is a part of the package

10. Noah777

Noah777 New Member

I'll let you know when it releases in the US

11. Noah777

Noah777 New Member

By the way. I wish that they would port over the GP40-2 from TSW 2020

• Like Like x 2
  12. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me as Koln-Aachen was the route that convinced me to take a deeper look at TSW2. Getting it as soon I'm done with work

13. tcmikaelsouza

yes, I really like this route, Talent 2 and the HRR locos, as they are very similar to the trains here in São Paulo.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Value for money is going to be different from player to player. Only you can decide if you think it's worth it. I would recommend watching our preview streams and watch videos players create both positive or critical so you can decide for yourself.

• Like Like x 6
  15. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I think it should been separate expansion packs. As some don't play all the base routes. It feels like am putting extra money for nothing for routes I don't play. There's only one out of three routes I play in this expansion pack. Just my opinion...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I haven't really seen any criticism but I can understand why, but it does seem to be generally more well-received than diesel legends was I think. Unless I'm completely wrong and everyone hates it

17. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

And what has that to do with this thread about the expansion pack?

18. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

To be value for money to any player it has to work properly and there are already a number of reports on social media saying it doesn’t.

19. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

At the end of the day its down to each individual whether your yourself should buy it.Thats it simple nothing more nothing less. You will have people say yes its worth it or no its not.it really is down to you. Watch peoples reviews, streams or DTG's tonight. Dont Me personally I like it.. I think it will suit those people that do have all of the dlc's that are affected by the expansion pack.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tcmikaelsouza

Hi Nat, good afternoon, Thank you for your feedback, I always follow the transmissions, the news on the site, I'm always well tuned, I particularly liked it and I'm seriously thinking about buying, but I wanted feedback from the players.

21. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

With the trouble that owners of Sony units have had in the last six months can you please point to which videos and streams owners of these consoles can gain a valid appreciation from ? Watching a pc or Xbox stream is not valid.

22. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Just been playing it for the last 2 hours. I'm happy I spent the money. Köln Achen is much busier. I'm particularly enjoying the new scenarios. I enjoy them the most, so with 9 new ones across the 3 routes, it's worth it for me.

• Like Like x 2
  23. antony.henley

Hi Ady,
    Here's my stream from this morning if you are interested in having a look. I only showed Koln Acchen on the route as I kinda cocked up to be honest as I was planning to do my "first hour" stream on the PS4 version of TSW and use Sand Patch as I dont have the CRR installed or the other CSX loco on the PS5 due to the PS5 DLC limitation issue. So instead I showed a few hours on Koln Aachen on the PS5. I personally loved it to be honest.

I am streaming the PS4 version tonight (PS4 version on the PS5, separate DLC as well as I have all the DLC installed for the PS4 version).

Regards
    Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  24. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Same here as I am only interested in SKA and not the other two.

• Like Like x 1
  25. tcmikaelsouza

I bought and played a little at lunch (Blessed be the Home-Office) I found it very interesting, I thought there were more items on the journey, but there were 7 or 8 per line, but I thought it was cool, it gave a good variety.

• Like Like x 1
  26. antony.henley

Personally I like SKA, that by far has made the pack But I have just had a wonder round Cumberland Yard at 0745 in the morning and found the following UP and CSX lash ups. Oh and you can drive the BR101 at Koln Depot.

regards

Hentis
    a44bbe8d-8f3b-4100-88cf-953c158a232c.jpg b4da5556-0fe3-4f80-b073-3a5ebb3ccf4a.jpg 429d506a-9667-460d-ac7e-56357c58cc14.jpg

27. tcmikaelsouza

there, very good, thanks for the information and beautiful images, they are very good.

28. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

If anyone is suffering from any crashes please do go to the Technical Reports forum and contribute information and details to the Crash thread there so we can look into it. Lots of advice there also so please read through the thread then drop your info on.

Thanks!
    Matt.

29. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

For PS4 not so much. SKA is the only route where you can use the DB BR 101 with LZB and a topspeed 210 kph at timetable mode. And exactly that 101 you don't get a SKA on PS4. Sadly.

30. tcmikaelsouza

I expected more schedules for the BR 101, I think there was only one service, but we will build more around there...

31. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's because the 101 doesn't run on Köln-Aachen at all IRL. Joe fudged a bit, like he did with the AI HSTs on BML.

32. antwerpcentral

I'm again impressed. Seems I underestimated what I was getting. Have only been playing Koln at the moment but I already like a lot of details.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Depends on the year. There are 101s between Köln and Aachen on and off in different years:

• Like Like x 3
  34. marcsharp2

The HST was a nod to the that that GWR HSTs did run to Waterloo a few years ago during diversions from Paddington. The AI HST is accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  35. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's what I meant by "fudged"= taking an occasional event and making it standard. And being a bit anachronistic, because by the time the route is set (2019) the HSTs were gone from the Paddington services.

36. marcsharp2

It's just a nice little nod. Doesn't bother me.

37. mleestrike101delta

mleestrike101delta Member

The main thing I want to know is the performance and crashing chances. On PS4.

38. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

hello, yes it is worth the money, because they are old locomotives but with new schedules, they also introduce the schedules on the route which makes you come across trains along the way that make you wait, with snow that forces you to go back , that's fine, and clinchfield's SD40 is the one that is currently in sand patch and the services are spectacular. the bakerloo is the least attractive, but the other two alone are worth the money. It is like the old glories of GWR, they are locomotives that you already had on new routes.

39. docsnyder1911

Is the Stollberg and the Rothe Erde Yard filled with freight cars in timetable now like in the 187 scenarios? And if yes, it is for PS4 customers too?

40. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

I would only buy it for the SKA expansion but I'm very unsatisfied with the bad work on the BR423, I won't buy it without a good price on sale.

41. antwerpcentral

I don't know how all these trains look like in real life so I'm really curious what is meant with bad work on the BR423? To me the train looks stunning, I haven't focussed my ear on the sound of the train yet, to me that's actually a good thing because it means the sound is also good. What I understood until now is that a number on the livery is not correct?

42. Lamplight

Multiple errors adding up. There are some still Munich markings on it, the DB logos are in the wrong place and too big, the interior is wrong, and the PIS is wrong. Those are just the things I’m aware of.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

The train has the wrong PIS. White LED like the Munich version of BR423. The Köln 423 has yellow PIS like the BR425. Display shows only the destination, the linenumber S12 or S19 is missing.
    The interior of the Köln 423 is another than the Munich one, but it wasn't changed.
    For me, as one who regularly has been passenger on the local 423 of S-Bahn Köln it's very bad. For others, who are not that familiar with the different 423 versions I think it will be a good model.

44. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

DTG must be very aware that train fans will notice these glaring errors, so the only conclusions you can draw from the errors are:
    1. DTG really don’t care about accuracy.
    2. DTG artists are under too much pressure to get something out that they don’t have the time to do things properly.
    3. DTG has contempt for the community.
    This is probably harsh, but come on. Where is the pride? Can they really be satisfied with what they’re putting out? Yes, most people probably won’t notice or even care, but is that a reason to do a poor job?

• Like Like x 1
  45. Lamplight

Sadly, I have to agree with you here. I get that this is another one of those "we had some spare time" projects like Diesel Legends and I'm always in favour of more Joe timetables, but the errors in the 423 are just way too obvious. As with the Br 112 before, if I can find multiple issues with the model/livery in a five-second Google search, then something clearly isn't right.

Comparing these pictures is enough to spot most errors:
    [​IMG]
    Source

[​IMG]
    Source

• Like Like x 1
  46. docsnyder1911

The big Stollberg yard is still empty. Sadly.

47. antwerpcentral

I really had to look for them. Okay there are some differences but at first I was like "what differences are they talking about. They can't mean the graffiti. Look closer" :D. You really need to know your trains to spot this. But I can understand that when you can see these differences immediately it is hard to cope with when you such misses in the game.

48. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

On the subject of the 423, I think my earlier comments apply very much here, DTG should use these packs to focus on one route at a time, maybe then issues like the above wouldn’t make it to release.

If packs like these are created because there is free time, but the packs are filled with glaring instances of not enough time, then what’s the point?

Again, im happy to support these new projects initially, because I really think there is a need, want and place for this type of content, but it needs to be done right, however it does seem that DTG’s record for inconsistencies both in their own reasonings & content, is still going strong.

49. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

On the bakerloo line the only thing what's wrong with the new livery with the 19 72 stock the old livery the train number does come up but would the new livery the train number does not come up would it be possible if this can be fixed please it means a lot to me

50. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

16452741069413924851748857953669.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022