Train Sim World 2: New Journeys Expansion Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 17, 2022.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

MicrosoftTeams-image (62).jpg
    Take on new challenges and explore more from London Underground, CSX, and Deutsche Bahn with the Train Sim World 2: New Journeys Expansion, available now!

Read the article here.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 21
  2. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Got one word for this pack: Meh!

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

BR 155, 182 are still missing from the timetable
    Also BR 185.x KIA

Overall, looks interesting.

--------------------------------------

Very first impression / SKA timetable / I played one ICE service
    This is what we call an improvement!

The AI scenery trains are the greatest improvement of the past year for me.
    SKA thus joins the champions league, next to the RUSH HOUR routes.

GJ DTG. Joe, be my guest \o/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

Why are the roadnumbers of the csx sd40 incorrect, numbers aswell as the font.

• Like Like x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

6. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

More work for the preservation crew?

• Like Like x 1
  7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

What the heck. Splashed out on this and Diesel Legends... That's my evenings sorted for the next week or three.

• Like Like x 4
  8. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Looks good value if you like the routes and don’t have RRO which already gives you the Koln s-bahn.

Hopefully they do some more.

9. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Blimey vern you ok, your not feeling faint at all?
    :)

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

sticking with the same answer as last time, which is no i am not going to get this pack. This pack is not even worth it, just going to wait for the Harlem Line Route to be release and go for it on day 1. :D

• Like Like x 4
  11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Matt did say they knew they're wrong but the fix did make into the shipping build for release. And they would be put as a patch.

12. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I can understand Vern succumbing to diesel legends based on previous posts and desire for old stock but to be throwing his cash around like this is worrying me.

OldVern can you please confirm everything is ok? :D

• Like Like x 3
  13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This dlc is a easy cash grab for dtg to be honest since it was a cheap way for dtg to make some money

• Like Like x 5
  14. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Maybe so but for people like me who can’t be bothered with scenario planner and repainting stuff this is a win win for the price of a few drinks! I’ll be downloading tomorrow when I have the time

• Like Like x 8
  15. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

This pack is ok... The only thing that is that interesting is the BR 423 IMO. BKL and SPG expansion does add much, just a couple of early morning services for BKL and pretty much nothing for SPG. I think there was too much hype for this.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, I disagree, tallboy 7648. I like these kinds of dlc such as Diesel Legends and New Journeys and I hope DTG does more of them. Nothing wrong with freshening up some old routes.

Nothing wrong with a company making money, either. People are free to buy it or not.

• Like Like x 15
  17. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It will be if they come at it with the correct strategy. IMO the Bakerloo & SPG work on this are wasted time. The SKA improvements are the seller in this pack as it’s really the only substantial content, did an ICE run from Aachen into Köln earlier at 11:40am (not too busy a time) and was honestly very surprised to see how busy Aachen was, personally I chose to depart from Aachen as I thought I’d get to see it get busier headed into Köln (don’t get me wrong it did) and I was surprised to see how much life had been put into this end of the route. Köln was busy with S-Bahn however due to the track layout you miss quite alot of it from the cab. The depot there with all the IC stock was pretty incredible, and I also ran alongside a 425 into the HBF itself, I was disappointed to see only myself and another train there however.

My point is that if these £8.99 packs focused on one route with the talent displayed on SKA, these packs would indeed be a cash cow.

Im not really sure that anyone who is looking for Bakerloo or SPG enhancements would get much value at all from this pack, or for that matter anyone on gen8, most of the static stock in Köln seems to be the IC layer, which as I understand it, they do not get access to.

Personally I think the SKA improvement alone makes the Diesel Legends pack look very overpriced.

• Like Like x 7
  18. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I actually for once, disagree with this statement. Koln HBF is actually MUCH MUCH busier now, its like SKA feels different now.Like driving an ICE is now actually INTRESTING instead of boring. Its sad that the Bakerloo Line only got a reskin of a train, BUT there is a certain mod a mod on TSC which actually changes out the current day signs for the 1970s signs which actually looks pretty neat

• Like Like x 4
  19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

For the price, a lot of value. The new Köln-Aachen timetable alone is worth it: the route now has Riesa-Dresden levels of life and activity.
    And I am fine with adding new services and scenarios to SPG, with a cool old loco to drive that doesn't look weird like the black CRR version does., Also, the SD40 horn is GORGEOUS.

Bakerloo? Never much cared for it anyway. But that's just me- the only thing (to me) more tedious than stop-and-start commuter rail is stop-and-start commuter rail in a tunnel.

• Like Like x 5
  20. solicitr

Not really. RRO gives you the wrong train, and doesn't include the S12 services.

• Like Like x 2
  21. solicitr

First takeaways:
    -SD40 still has the wrong numbers and number fonts. Patch soon, please, not "soon" like CRR banking comms!
    -Why did the reskin not include the ubiquitous "Watch your step" warning painted on the doors of every CSX loco, ever? If I can do it in Livery Designer, certainly DTG can.
    -Liked the first scenario Stripey Rescue, but it's marred by the persistent PCS bug. And, no, the airflow meter hasn't been made functional.
    Nonetheless, adds interest and gameplay to what is still one of my favorite routes.

Köln-Aachen. The new timetable is awesome, especially since in addition to the 423 they have also included the 425 regional services as well.
    -However, there is a huge framerate slowdown at [Stolberg >] Aachen Rothe Erde, caused no doubt by the large number of trains stabled there. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing yards populated, but my poor old machine labors to get through it-

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  22. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I've run a couple of services in Köln and it feels a lot more busy, especially IA with the BR 101. The new timetable is spectacular.

The Köln yard is amazing with all that rolling stock, compared to before it was empty now it's much more immersive. I like that DTG have opted to fill yards on the latest routes and And hopefully they will continue to do so in the future.

However, I was a little disappointed. I was on foot in the depot and was about to make multiple moves because there are so many locomotives and IC coaches:

d6e05fa6-6490-4670-b4fa-1771d7477dc8.jpeg

With the turntables I thought I could spend several hours moving all the coaches back and forth. In Freiberg I had a great time this way forming some goods trains.
    Well, the disappointment was that the turntables are not electrified, so it is not possible to move the 101 and 143 that I saw around. There is also a BR 363 but it is not possible to move it because the turntable entrance is blocked:
    8896353a-999b-4ff2-8f4a-a3b35f8a002a.jpeg

So it's impossible to make movements in the yard. Was this a mistake Joethefish ?
    Moving it to a free track would cost nothing and would add a lot of fun, it is frustrating to have it there and not be able to use it so I hope they will correct it.

• Like Like x 6
  23. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

The shunter did not get services due to the fact joe could not not get it pass an red signal

24. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Enjoying it so far, Cologne feels so much more alive. Get Joe on every route!

• Like Like x 3
  25. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't mean services, but to be able to move it freely around the yard in the area where there are manual intersections, to move wagons and locos.
    Here I mark where BR 363 is and where I would like us to be able to move it, to the area on the left:
    IMG_20220217_205142.jpg

It would be easy to get it, just move it two tracks to the left and we could access it there:
    IMG_20220217_205536.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  26. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Ah alright sorry that i miss understood you

• Like Like x 1
  27. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

I love the new delivery on the bakerloo line

28. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Not really a mistake, it was put there based on where it was on google maps :D but putting it on a track to access the turntable is a better idea. The timetable is out of my hands now but I'll ask around and see if it can be moved. :)

• Like Like x 12
  29. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

That would be great Joethefish , thank you very much! :D
    It would really be fun to be able to tow wagons and locomotives around the turntables and the manual intersection area.

• Like Like x 2
  30. OldVern

The white van and straitjacket has been summoned!

Seriously though it's nice to see the enhancements. Only looked at Bakerloo so far which comes with a supplementary Journey Mode for the reskinned stock, not sure about the others.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

More of different trains on LZB routes would be nice.

32. OldVern

The Sandpatch locos have new Journey Mode too. In fact the first one is rather nice, starts off as a bit of switching in the yard then you get a call to go and rescue a failed train on the main line. All pre-scripted I know but looks to have been thought out to give a bit of entertainment. After I finish that one up tomorrow will check Koln to see what's cooking there.

Think this is actually quite a nicely put together item, despite my earlier scepticism!

• Like Like x 8
  33. solicitr

Just be prepared to wait a while after you hook up the failed train, while your brakes recharge.......

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  34. Martin13

Martin13 Well-Known Member

This pack is nothing short of amazing. SKA is a completely new route with so many more things to do and enjoy. This pack has really turned SKA into a totally different beast. If you are thinking about buying it I would recommend it 100%.

• Like Like x 3
  35. solicitr

Another nit to pick: the SD40 number plates don't illuminate.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Everybody knows that Germans are among the smartest people on Earth. Residents of suburban Koln, not so much. At each station, in a snowstorm, they huddled together at the end of the platform, far from shelter and well beyond where the train is meant to stop. :D

Also, while stopped at Ehrenfeld, my wipers went out and wouldn't come back. Pretty soon the windshield was whites out. Fortunately, I had a save shortly before and all resumed and I was able to get back to Koln Hof safely.
    As Emu's go, the 423 is a nice drive and Koln-Aachen is a fun route now.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  37. tallboy7648

Creators club would be perfect for you then once it releases. I wouldn't be surprised if someone already made a silver 1972 stock.

• Like Like x 3
  38. tallboy7648

And yet console players can't mod...

The only real "value" in this pack is the ska timetable. The rest of the pack is just reskins that people could've made in the livery designer and shared in the creators club once dtg sort that out hence why I called it a cheap way to earn a quick buck. There's nothing wrong with the company trying to earn money, but it's clear that not much thought went to making this pack as a whole. It would've been better to have made individual "enhancements" instead of combining 3 because the BKL and SPG don't really add that much value into the pack hence why I didn't buy it. Why would I spend $14 on a pack if only 1 part of it is the interesting and the rest add little value. Too much for too little overall and a waste of storage space. Should've been $7-$10 max. New players are better off buying a route dlc in my opinion as that would have much more value than this overall

Also considering that the WSR and RT timetable upgrades were free, I find it odd that dtg now charge for timetable updates considering that any improvements to routes would fall under the preservation crew and would be free according to dtg a while back.

But hey DTG can do whatever they like. Im not gullible to the point that I'll buy every single dlc they'll release

• Like Like x 3
  39. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

The line-up of stock in the sidings at Aachen Rote Erde is really neat! So neat it caused me to get distracted and dinged by PZB in fact

• Like Like x 1
  40. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

My mission is complete! Mwhahhaaaa

• Like Like x 17
  41. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

What are the journey mode chapters for each of them?

42. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Was watching a couple of videos today, and it is disheartening to see the issues with signalling this pack brings :( Especially around Horrem for the S-Bahn services terminating/starting there, there are serious bugs. For example, there is no advance warning of the red signal at the end of the platform for services terminating at Horrem (the previous signal shows a Ks1 instead of a Ks2), the 500Hz magnet is not working, and so on. That puts me off even more from buying this pack, the added services are really nice to see, but if it brings new bugs to the route as well it is not appreciated! I really hope someone will look into these, as I have previously suggested, since new problems with the signalling come up that have a massive impact on the experience, and not in a good way unfortunately :(

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  43. OldVern

I will watch out for that. It’s a shame TSW doesn’t simulate attaching the air hoses and managing the anglec0cks so you don’t blow the PCS if you try and charge the system too quickly. On the other hand, the latest Run 8 it is too easy to get the PCS kick in, even if you leave the anglec0ck at the coupling up location on partial for a couple of minutes.

44. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

I feel like the pack is very reasonably priced, even with VAT and Valve share it costs less than a decent lunch with delivery.

Considering how much time I will spent just on the new SKA timetable alone I consider this to be very good price/hours of entertainment ratio.

• Like Like x 3
  45. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

I played the pack a bit and i enjoyed it! Its really fun to drive the core routes again with some new rolling stock. 1 problem is the S19 services for Düren to Köln Hbf, there is an AI 423 in Sindorf blocking the station. Overall the 2nd timetable on SKA is really amazing, great job Joe!
    abd6cec3-c8fa-4b2e-b338-6ba99db812f1.png 8577eeea-abf6-40f0-8475-b369deb8ae7b.png ae3967e3-f3fe-46c8-8a94-110029436dcb.png

• Like Like x 4
  46. bittesteigensieein

bittesteigensieein Member

A nice add-on, mostly got it for the Köln- Aachen extra services. I travel on this line quite often and overall is a very good effort. Definitely brings in some extra life. I think there are some issues with the passenger information displays, Köln Hbf needs more noise and to be busier, it is a hub of activity all day long.

• Like Like x 2
  47. mikeypl

mikeypl New Member

I'm really enjoying it. I love having more scenarios where you can do things you don't get in service mode like running an express service on the Bakerloo. I would love more scenarios with each dlc.

Looking forward to seeing the creative club come out. I love scenarios where it uses bits of the track that aren't used much or are different from normal services. E.g. having to stop midway and turn into the sidings to then continue the journey in a different direction.

48. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

I have to be completely honest, I'm very happy with this DLC.
    Adds a few hours of gameplay on routes that I haven't really touched. I mean, I've got about 3 hours worth of new scenarios on SPG alone. All for what? 13 bucks usd? When I spend just one hour at a bar with the wife, I'm absolutely doubling that.
    Not to mention this SD-40 counts towards the SD-40 CRR 100 mile achievement/trophy so I've got an excuse to run some timetables with it as well.

• Like Like x 4
  49. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I enjoy this expansion. I like where TSW2 is going. Good pricing as well

• Like Like x 3
  50. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So DTG should pay their staff in Oreos and Gummi Bears now?

£8.99 cheaper than a couple of beers, spirits (dependant on where you live in the world) or a packet of cigarettes or vape crap
    This is the thing the Community moan for more Content, DTG give more content. Im not buying that its not free. They cant win.

Hentis

• Like Like x 7