[solved] Unreal Engine Crash

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Juan Manuel Luengo, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Juan Manuel Luengo

Juan Manuel Luengo Active Member

Every time I try to run TSW2 there is an error that prevents the game from starting. Today New Journeys Expansion has been installed from Steam, which I bought yesterday. I restarted the computer and the error is still occurring. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, although I don't see any reference in the forum to what happened to other users. I would appreciate some advice on this. Thank you.

2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Make a Steam file verification and isolate all mods. Try again after you have done that.

Whats your hardware?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Juan Manuel Luengo

I don't have mods installed. My PC is an MSI i7-11 gen with 16 gb and a Geforce RTX-3070 with 8 gb. Until today everything was going well.

4. Juan Manuel Luengo

I'm going to do a file check from Steam.

5. Juan Manuel Luengo

Not bad. After checking the game files and reinstalling two files that could not be verified from Steam, everything works correctly. Thank you for your suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. btom

btom Member

I am having the same TSW2 crashes, PC Windows 11, the crashes have been happening lately in the last 3 or 4 days now, how did you do a Steam File verification? I mean, how did you go about checking the game files? maybe that process you did will also help fix my TSW2 Unreal Engine 4 UE4 - TS2Prototype crashes. I have no idea what that is or how to fix it.

7. Juan Manuel Luengo

Access the Steam Library tab. Hover over TSW2 and right-click. In the menu that will be displayed select "Properties" and there appears the option to verify files. The check takes some time but it restores all the files and in my case it worked and the problem is over. I use Windows 10.

8. btom

btom Member

Hi Juan,, I went on my Steam Library and clicked Properties, then Verify Integrity of game files in the Local Files section, after file verification was done there was 1 file failed to validate and Steam fixed it because I ran Verify Integrity of game files again and it was fixed, I then re-ran my TSW2 Sand Patch Grade and there doesn't appear to be any more program crashes, Thanks for showing me how to fix it.

9. Juan Manuel Luengo

I'm glad your problem has been solved too. Was
    meridian#2659 who suggested the solution.

10. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

Matt suggested it in Thursdays stream. He isn't sure if it is a problem at steam's end or if there is something wrong with the package going to steam

11. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Definitely a steam packaging issue the files going up from our side must be good or everyone would see it breaking 100 percent of the time.

As to whether there are things we can do to help steam not fluff the patching, I don't know :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. btom

btom Member

Then also the problem could possibly be in the download file transfers over the internet from a local Steam server in Montreal to my PC Canada, Data transfers can get corrupted any number of ways.

13. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I knew you mentioned it on the stream but I missed the specifics. Now you mention it 100% of file issues would gain a bigger reaction from the players. My apologies.