New Journeys Expansion - Worth To Buy?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I´m not gonna spoil the show, but the additional journeys for SPG are really fun to play. At least the ones I was able to do until now.
    I´m running PS4 TSW2 on a 5.1 sound system, so be careful with that signal horn from the SD40 if you´re using headphones! That horn is really something ...;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes, but Aachen Rothe-Erde is packed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

On the whole you're right, and, no, I don't expect DTG to invest a whopping deal of time to remodel the whole train interior- but the easy things that were missed not because of time, but just due to an inattention to detail, are sloppy. Things like the wrong-color PIS, or still listing "S-Bahn München" as the train's owner. That's just careless.

• Like Like x 2
  4. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Stollberg with its big freight yard would be more important. Especially for "immersion".

And in Rothe Erde it's Dostos only. Not the freight we saw in some 187 scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Looks like a lot of wagons they we do not current have in game. What would realistically go here?
    It does not appear to be a freight yard.

• Like Like x 1
  6. solicitr

Shmmns. Habbiins would work too.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Basically, I would appreciate getting such a pack to upgrade already existing DLC. Because using the scenario planner and community exchange is not yet possible on the PS.

But Nahverkehr Dresden, London Commuter as well as Tharandter Rampe have so many crashes and are almost unplayable for me. After paying for it, they want me to volunteer to help find the cause of the crashes. Who pays me for this?

Instead of bringing a new expansion pack, DTG should better bring a bugfix pack! And even the expansion pack is buggy! What shoud that?

I'm just disappointed. I have ALL the DLC and therefore all the bugs. And for that I now get an extension. An extension for more bugs but no fixes and I have to pay for that again. No way!

If not for fixes, they could have used their time for other improvements. There are so many annoying things that could be smoothed out. I don't want to list them here now, they've been known for ages.

I think the EP is interesting for those who only have the base game and now get an expansion for it. This whets the appetite for more and should encourage the purchase of further DLC. That's smart. If you disregard the fact that other mistakes will also be revealed... The spiral continues to turn. A remarkable strategy that already shows a certain desperation.

I would only take this extension as a gift. Or as a credit. It's worthless to me right now. And seeing this all wrapped up as "New Journey" just shows me the trouble DTG is in, otherwise we'd have long-awaited and overdue fixes instead. And that worries me. It doesn't matter that I hardly follow the streams, since English is not my mother tongue, because here hours are spent on promises but not delivered.

Either way - I love TSW! I support with every purchase. But I'm not a developer, not a beta tester and not a customer who just keeps getting stalled. I'd rather pay five bucks more and have faultless and flawless goods in return. And until then, feel free to keep us happy with expansion packs. That would be one possible way...

TSW- qua vadis?

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I have not heard of a faultless and flawless game yet. What games are they please?

• Like Like x 2
  9. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your answer Joe,

I checked it with google earth.

There is following result:

1. You have right with Rothe Erde. It's a yard for Dostos and Talents and so on. I asked for freight there because at the 187 scenarios there was freight. I thought that scenarios would be realistic. That's why I didn't checked this before my post.

2. There is existing TSW rolling stock that is at Stollberg yard in real too. For example the Habbiins 344 and the Falns 183.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

For those on playstation 4 - how often does it crash on SKA? I think it's ridiculous that this is the first thing that comes to mind but after Riesa-Dresden and Chemnitz-Dresden that have a fairly chance of crashing while coming into Dresden I am compelled to ask.

• Like Like x 1
  11. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I haven't encountered a single crash yet

edit: encountered a crash at the end of the first mission of the second chapter in SKA of the expansion pack journey

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

played the PS4 version since release and hardly any crashes on SKA (hardly any meaning zero)
    it’s a less complex route like the newer ones that are crying for optimisation.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I have a question, why can we drive the BR 425 only from Köln Hbf to Köln-Ehrenfeld and not in the opposite direction?

• Like Like x 1
  14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Issues with other services and signalling/dispatcher created a conflict on the return journey into Koln, so it was made AI only.

You pretty often will see a 425 at a red signal outside Koln HBF that sits there for around 10/15 minutes because of this issue.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. tcmikaelsouza

Ah, thanks for the information, I noticed that when doing the last service of the new journey to Duren, I saw that I had a BR 425 stopped at a red light.

• Like Like x 1
  16. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I just realised there are arrival times on one of the new SPG scenarios. Was walking around the locos which has likely cost me time. Will have to start over. So used to doing everything without rushing on this route.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That’s unusual for freight services.

• Like Like x 1
  18. solicitr

It's not a real freight service, it's a demo run for railfans

• Like Like x 2
  19. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Yeah having started over (and waiting for the brake pipe after coupling) I made it just about on time. Set all the switches on the map.

• Like Like x 2
  20. tcmikaelsouza

I can't complete the 3rd job [S19 Aug(Sieg)] from Chapter 2 of the Journeys Expansion in SKA as there is a train that doesn't move in Sindorf. (I believe he's heading towards Duren, but he doesn't go any further. [Note: The red light is for those heading towards Cologne.]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1