Creators Club Beta Preview Stream - Questions List

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Feb 21, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello!

We'll be previewing the Creators Club beta tonight on Railfan TV at 20:00 UTC.

If you have any questions for us you'd like to ask, just comment on this thread and we'll aim to answer as many as we can. We recommend checking out this article first up though, as it contains the list of approved licensors that can be used within CC.

See you at 8pm!

• Like Like x 4
  2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

In regards to username/privacy, has a way been found to stop the potential to 100s of friends requests being sent?

• Like Like x 1
  3. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

• Are unbranded liveries allowed?
    • When we subscribe to a scenario/livery, are we able to edit the scenario/livery for just ourselves? Like if someone has made a scenario with a playable service for A to B, but you want to change it to the service from B to C.
    • Is there an upload limit per day?

• Like Like x 3
  4. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

Is there a limit to how many things we can upload in a day?

5. simonr#5214

simonr#5214 New Member

Is there a limit as to how many you can download per console in total for example data limit of say 7gb storage before having to remove some to add more
    Will the data sizes be small when you download someone’s trains ???

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

How will you know what a scenario actually is?

7. nie Kolejarz#7489

nie Kolejarz#7489 Member

What about international trains in special liveries? For example Berlin-Warszawa Express. This train was operated by both DB and PKP. Some of wagons was owned by DB, but the rest was the own of PKP.

• Like Like x 1
  8. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Are all listed logos going to be in livery designer or just logos of some brands and if yes which ones?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Will there be changed to the underlying internal data model, which would risk breaking the unofficial TSW2 livery manager tool? Is there a risk that .tsw2liv files as shared in a lot of places break?

• Like Like x 1
  10. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

11. JustAVaporeon

JustAVaporeon Active Member

Will other licensed operators (past and new ones) potentially allow their license to be used with CC in the future?

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Is there an update on what license are going to be available any new ones or is it still the same as the confirmed ones

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. annadess

annadess Member

What are the consequences of releasing liveries with unapproved licenses? Will the livery in question just be deleted, will the user get a temporary ban from uploading anything to CC, or could the entire dovetail live account be removed with enough violations? The latter would be a pretty controversial choice I think. Thanks in advance for your answers.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Uploads will be moderated, so any which break the rules will never be seen by anyone else I would hope

For me, people who break the rules once should get a warning, twice a time out and three times blocked. I don't see that as controversial because I see the actions of the user as "provocation and time wasting"

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Can we put liveries based of British Rail liveries like Blue, Blue and Grey, Railfrieght Triple Grey and Railfrieght Grey with Red stripe?

• Like Like x 2
  16. mortimerjack554

mortimerjack554 New Member

Since we have DB, and DB has aload of sub-branches, are branded liverys of Arrivia, Cross Country and more allowed or is it just DB?

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG JD

Yes, liveries with no trademarks are okay to use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. DTG JD

We've listed the sub-brands that fall under our DB licence here.

19. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Wait, are the logos not trademarked?

Or is it just the livery itself that's fine?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Will creators club let you download scenarios for a route you don’t own , or will it not work ?

21. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

My Questions:
    1. What happens if a scenario you download has a loco you don't have, but you have some? Will it just be absent or will the scenario not work?

2. Can multiple liveries be bundled together?

3. How do liveries in scenarios work with creators club?

22. 1979

1979 New Member

Regarding the American Railroad Company brands, does each company come with all variations of their brand logo? For example, with Southern Pacific, there have been variations with different text fonts, text fonts including stripes etc. Will logos come premade or would people need to create the design itself through livery designer?

For an additional example, would this logo need to be replicated with the livery designer shape/text tools or is it ready to use once clicking on it? (Southern Pacific's Speed Lettering Scheme)[​IMG]

23. annadess

annadess Member

There's a difference to being barred to upload to creator's club, or being barred to interact with the creators club at all, and not being able to interact with anything that is connected with a Dovetail live account, that sort of difference is what I'm really interested in knowing. I can imagine scenarios, where for example someone sees a German livery that has MDV, DB (both of which are confimed licenses) and MRB (no license) logos on it, and just assume the bigger companies are probably the ones in charge and make a livery out of it, when in reality the livery might be the IP of the one that isn't covered. These might be honest mistakes potentially waiting to happen to a lot of people (there are many German liveries out there like that), and I don't think they should then be barred from accessing the forums, downloading other's creators club creations or uploading their railfan shots if they happen to slip up more than once.

24. LondoSpark

LondoSpark Member

Will there be a requirement to run and successfully complete your scenario before you upload it to CC?

25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

At least for now, CC will use the existing Livery Designer 1.0 as-is, without change. That means that, yes, all logos have to be constructed from geometric shapes (For PC users, there is a logo mod pack which simplifies things; but the logos included - which don't, I believe, include SP - would only be visible for other users if they have the same mod installed, which rules out console players).

However, that does bring up a consideration I think DTG should be aware of: some of the Mastery Challenges rewards are additional shapes (and a font) for use in LD: but, again, those shapes are only visible for those who have unlocked those rewards. It would be a pity for other players to download an attractive livery, only to find that all the lettering and much of the weathering isn't there.

26. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Then i can put my first livery (BR Blue on 72 Stock) on the Creators Club :)
    Small question: can we put the Double Arrow logo on these?

27. ARuscoe

Don't see why anyone would be blocked from downloading or what purpose that would serve.... My comments were purely aimed at uploading, and to avoid wasting moderator's time. Downloads have zero effect once an upload has been moderated and approved

• Like Like x 1
  28. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

This is translated (using google translate):

Yes, there are many questions, well one of these questions is, for example, why no route extensions are made as in Dresden Riesa. The S Bahn in Cologne Aachen, where you can only travel to Ehrenfeld (BR 425), is completely pointless without a route extension.

The Creator Club is all well and good, but the TSW 2 game still has so many bugs, why not do bug fixes first? Some of the community are not very fond of the contents of the expansion pack.

Sorry that I'm the only one who addresses the existing problems here, but I think that criticism has to be expressed from time to time.

+This is NOT cc question

29. itsethaaan

itsethaaan New Member

-Will railroads that are currently licensed for Train Sim be allowed to have liveries made in Train Sim World 2?
    -Are there other railroads/companies that are working on getting licensed that may be approved soon or at a later date?
    -Will uploaders be able to create categories for liveries, to cluster liveries together so the audience they're reaching can find them easier?
    -Since there will be more liveries and scenarios available for consumption, does this mean an increase for the cap for both?
    -Will an update for the Scenario Planner and Livery Designer follow in the future? If so, what are some of the key features that can or could be expected?

30. evolution33192

evolution33192 Member

What happens when the creator deletes their livery off their console, does everyone lose it? It would be great if it would leave it on the club, that way us creators with no more room on our console to make liveries could "store" them on the club thus giving us more room to make liveries.

• Like Like x 1
  31. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I believe that is the case, same with editing the livery, if the user editors/removes the livery, it automatically updates the liver to the person who downloaded this... IRC from what matt said

32. DTG JD

Logos are trademarked in most cases.

• Like Like x 1
  33. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Slightly late, oops

Is there going to be a slider to allow for us to change how much liveries appear in game? We might want let's say... 12 liveries for the 465 but not want to see them all the time on South Eastern, but at the same time, we might want to see a 395 Livery 100% of the time, is this possible or something that's in the pipeline DTG JD

34. carlingamesnl

carlingamesnl Member

if you aren't subbed to a livery but it is used in a scenario you're subbed to, what will happen when starting that scenario

35. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Regarding storage

How will the storage be used?

Im on ps5 I have a:
    4tb external harddrive
    1tb internal ssd
    And the standard ps5 ssd

Wich one would creators club use?

Thanks

36. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Will use default livery

37. ryan#4295

ryan#4295 New Member

Will livery's like southern thank you NHS and 313 201 in br blue be allowed

38. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Post in suggestions not this thread

39. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

I think that may be © copyright

40. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

BR Blue is a different question, however the NHS Livery would fall under southern, so should work.

41. DavidY

DavidY New Member

Thanks for the stream today. After the stream I had some follow-up questions - is this still the correct place to ask them? (Even though the stream is over.
    1. In the stream, Matt created a scenario and then went to his other account to subscribe to it.
      But once he'd subscribed, I couldn't tell how he/ the game would know which route the scenario worked in? Especially if it's an "Off the rails" scenario where the loco may not be on its natural route. For instance although he seemed to be starting from the Sand Patch Grade before entering Creators' Club, there was what looked like an Underground scenario in there - what would have happened if he had selected that? And once subscribed, how would he know which route the scenario worked in? I'm not sure how the route-scenario linkage works?
    2. How many screenshots are needed? The guidance here says 3 but on the stream it was said to be 4.
    3. Will the long list of Terms and Conditions be downloadable outside the game (eg. as a PDF or similar)?
    4. I happened to pause the Terms and Conditions at a message saying "Information on Dovetail partners who have given permission can be found here"... but with no further info (see attachment). Is that a clickable link in the Ts&Cs? If not, I'm not sure that particular text is very helpful.
    5. I think it was said on the stream that the licensing restrictions apply to the livery designer but not the scenario designer. So if I want to design and share a off the rails scenario sending an ICE, with no livery changes, down the Underground or some such, that would be fine? If so, that info isn't very clear on the news article - could that be made clear on the web page somewhere?
    Thanks in anticipation for any answers to these.
    DTG_Screenshot 2022-02-21 232729.png

42. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

So would I be correct that on the PS5, other PS users will only see the PSN account name and not the DTL username of who made the mods? That’s not going to be very helpful for knowing who makes what if everyone is appearing as different names on different platforms and it means people will need to publish their account details here on the forum if they want people to know it’s them and promote their creations to the community. That could be open to abuse.

If so, it actually means I won’t be sharing at all. It’s not my account that I play on, it’s the family account under someone else’s name. As far as TSW and its community is concerned, I’m Stujoy and nothing else. I don’t want to go by any other name and I don’t want my partner being pinged by unsolicited teenage train fans wanting to be “friends”. I don’t even know what the PSN name is that would come up. This is a huge issue if it is the case, and not just for me I’d guess.

Did I also see that scenarios do not mention what route or loco is involved in the scenario anywhere in the related info, just tags, and therefore we will rely on users putting those things (which should really be automatic) in the title or description? Seems like an oversight.

• Like Like x 1
  43. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Is the East German Deutsche Reichsbahn Logos and liveries allowed in the Creators club or not? If allowed I can submit my DR BR106 DR V60 paint for DB BR363 and my DR BR280 paint on DB BR442

44. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Unless announced otherwise, I would assume that a license includes any defunct branding that TOC owns- i.e. permission from DBAG includes DR and DBB.

45. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That means I can share my GDR Trains on Creators club the DR V60 & DR BR280. First up is the DR V60
    [​IMG]
    16:45 Riesa
    10:00 Chemical Plant
    [​IMG]

46. ARuscoe

I think the only issue would be the NHS logo (and any other logos not IP owned by the railway). I have no doubt that Southern got IP permission from the NHS to use their logo, even if it's in their benefit

47. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...not really sure. No longer existing rail companies may still be registered trademarks with license claims. That's why "British Railways" isn't allowed to use yet. In the case of DR it might be a bit different. Nowadays DB is the official successor and owner of the former DR and as we already know they're pleased to be part of the Creator's Club. But to be on the safe side and to avoid the license confusion, you can do retro liveries. That means they look exactly as they did in the past, but bear no logo or only the DB logo. Originally, after the big railway reform of 1994 and in addition to the all-German numbering system, introduced in 1992, only the new DB logo was stuck on former DR locomotives and wagons. But retro liveries can also include old number plates...

For example: a BR363 as a DR retro version with a possible old number plate, that I made last year. Train Sim World 2_20201106204932.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  48. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

It is a bit of a let down that it will show the PSN/XBLive username instead of our DTG Live names.
    Like you I have 2 different user IDs. 1 for DTL (Nick Y) and one for PSN (not publishing here). I don't want people knowing my PSN ID and then sending friend requests or messages. I've had issues with dodgy PSN users in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  49. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

It doesn't show your XBLive username, it Shows the Dovetail Live Profile Name...

Screenshot_20220222-102617_YouTube.jpg

'AnotherMattP#9360 surely isn't Matt's XBoxLive Account name...

50. DTG JD

wil
    To confirm this:
    • PS Players will be able to see other PS players' PSNs
    • Microsoft Players (PC or Xbox) will be able to see other Microsoft players' Gamertags
    • If you're on a PS and seeing a Microsoft, Epic, or Steam player, you'll see their DTL account
    • If you're on Microsoft and seeing a PS, Epic, or Steam player, you'll see their DTL account
    • If you're on Epic/Steam, you'll only see someone's DTL account
    This is a limitation requested by the platforms themselves (we'd rather have everyone's DTL accounts visible, obviously). There are Privacy Settings you can implement on either PS or Microsoft to limit visibility/friend requests I believe, if that is a concern - although this would, I imagine, impact all your games.

• Helpful Helpful x 1