Train Sim World 2: New Journeys Expansion Pack

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jakewakefield08, Feb 16, 2022.

1. jakewakefield08

jakewakefield08 Member

Hi i haven't really had time to watch the YouTube stream so just wondering what the Journeys Expansion Pack is.
    Is it going to add anything new to the London underground. Ie anything like new stops or something.

2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

For the bakerloo, it adds a new livery, couple scenerios and 3-4 extra services

3. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

It's a shame to see that the destination boards are still a blurry mess on UK rolling stock, it would have been nice to see this resolved in time for the latest DLC.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mark Moreton

Mark Moreton Active Member

Does this DLC have achievements?

5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

6. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

Sounds like the new journey has hit the buffers.

7. vk56der6r

vk56der6r New Member

Fun note....maybe just got luck, but when I went to 3rd person I came in on the overhead board close and at an angle (it was clear), then slowly moved away and in front and it stayed clear. When i move the camera fast it got blurry. Idk if it stayed clear through the play through but ya, odd. Same loco/skin as in pic on series x.

• Like Like x 1
  8. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

I keep seeing people mention blurry destination boards for UK, but London Commuter and Bakerloo have looked perfectly fine (all the destination boards on trains and platforms) for me, and I've been playing both of those route for the past couple week. I'm on Xbox Series X, playing in 4K.

Anyways, specifically in regards to New Journeys xpack, I was planning to buy it tonight, but then realized I should wait a day or two to see if this gets rolled into the 10% off Game Pass DLC deal. I'm hoping so, no reason why it shouldn't count (other than the odd assortment of Preserved routes and locos that have never picked up the 10% of GP deal).

9. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

Still no 10% off for Game Pass... at this point I'm thinking the new expansion won't get the deal. Maybe I'll wait until next Tuesday. If it doesn't show by then, I highly doubt it'll happen. Recent new routes and locos only had to wait a day or two before getting the 10% off GP deal after their release.

10. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

My complaining paid off! I got a Dekudeals alert a couple hours after my last post above saying that the New Journeys pack dropped to 10% off. :cool:

11. ILied

ILied Active Member

If you’re having issues with the GP 10% discount, raise a ticket with Customer Support and it’ll get passed on to the right team. Be detailed as to which routes and locos are missing. Hopefully that’ll help!

12. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

Thanks! It eventually showed up at 10% off on Saturday afternoon (Americas region). That is a good point about raising a ticket for the few other routes. A handful of the preserved stuff still do not have 10% off, whereas most of the preserved do have it. I'll make a list and raise a ticket later.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ILied

ILied Active Member

For new stuff it does seem to take 24-48 hours for the discount to show up after launch but for older routes it should be there for TSW2 versions. It’s quite possible it got missed when applying the discount so our feedback is helpful there.

14. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I thought the fireworks at the end of the last sand patch new scenario was a nice touch.

• Like Like x 2
  15. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

Agreed! When I first saw it in the distance, I wasn't impressive, but looks good once you roll up directly next to the display at the end of the scenario.

16. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

So dumb the expansion doesn't have achievements

• Like Like x 1
  17. ILied

ILied Active Member

It’s not actually. There’s a limit of achievements which have been reached on PS4 and PS5. So they won’t be adding any really until further notice

18. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

well they work perfectly fine on Xbox...so yes it's pretty dumb. And I'm sure every new route still has achievements

19. ILied

ILied Active Member

It’s dumb to give achievements to some but not others. They’re wanting to be fair so they will add achievements when they can on all platforms.