Br101 On Ska Is Not Appearing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Swisstrains, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Is the Br101 also appearing on SKA on PS4? I bought it a few minutes ago and can’t find this one service :( There are only 368 services which are available, the one IC service at around 20:00 is missing- and yes, the Br101 is installed, it’s there on HHL and HRR

Also, why is the MRCE Br185.5 not available anymore?

2. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

If you are on ps4 it is not on there due to performance restraints. The 101 is a bit of a memory hog

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I don't understand that from memory. I have all 48 DLC, and it works perfectly. do you mean ram memory?

4. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

Ram

• Like Like x 1
  5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Formation issue with the MRCE 185

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t think the BR 101 was ever supposed to be on the PS4 version of SKA.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

It was clearly said in streams that the BR101 service would only be on gen9 consoles (ps5)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

It's because of the IC passenger cars. There are parked a lot of them in the depot north of Köln Hbf (but only on 9th gen and PC). And as already mentioned, they load the working 8th gen memory beyond the limit. The BR101 itself isn't the problem, but the long IC trains and the parked IC cars.

The MRCE BR185.5 should normally work.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  9. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

What I still don't get about the discussion on ICE and BR 101 memory is why they don't build low memory versions for last gen? The main purpose of those trains is to stand still somewhere or pass by somewhere. You don't need the full version of the train for that, just the exterior. Was this already answered by Matt? I don't want him to go into loops of explaining the same thing

10. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...to create memory optimized AI or parked trains can be a useful idea, especially for last gen consoles. But TSW is also an exploration game, which you can even do on foot. When exploring a depot, you also can open the doors of parked trains and look inside. So "dummies" without an interior can be some kind of immersion killers. With a passing AI train it wouldn't matter that much. But it would also mean extra work for the developers, as the UE4 needs to be told when to show fully built or half built trains.
    An good example for half built trains are the parked narrow gauge wagons on DCZ. They are only base modeled and out of exploration range on foot, but look very convincing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I understand, they would indeed be standing still in a place to explore or on a platform.

12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

They have done, and are capable of making scenery trains that are less demanding, how much do I don’t know, but I assume the issue is that all builds are pushed to QA the same, then that’s where the issue is discovered, then for DTG it’s easier and faster to just remove said layer, rather than customise the build.

If the layer is comprised of AI, player services & static stock, then it’s likely more complex to resolve the issue, and again, who knows if making a dumbed down version of the 101&IC cars will even bring them to an acceptable memory imprint.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That hasn't stopped them from putting dummy Amtrak coaches with no physics or interiors in yards on LIRR, nor the vintage narrow-gauge coaches on Dresden-Chemnitz.