[solved] Chicago Racetrack / Arizona Divide / Clear Creek / Hi-line Just Got Branded / Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by torfmeister, Feb 18, 2022.

1. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Just got an update from Steam updating the Racetrack.

I found I had to restart Steam (to have its DLC database updated), then go to the DLC props and uncheck the ROW liveries for the assets to actually update to the branded version. (As they are mutually exclusive, having both ticked seems not to work.)

Scenarios have also been updated, "Cicero Switch" now being named "BNSF Cicero Switch".

Thanks DTG, way to go :)

1.png

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Just incoming... Arizona Divide and Clear Creek. Whooo!

Btw if you have texture packs installed it's now time to remove them from the asset folders.

3. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Still having a bit of trouble with Arizona... It shows two route versions (same name unfortunately) but only one livery pack.

No brandings here yet... let's wait and see.

DTG Jamie I tried both of the route versions. They are exactly the same. MainContent.ap and ArizonaDivideAssets.ap have the same size and checksum.
    2.png

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Clear Creek... ok! The Old Timer Rolling Stock may come later I guess?
    3.png

5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Montana Hi-Line. Same issue as Arizona. No Livery pack? Route appears twice - Both have equal route/assets checksums.

DTG Jamie Will it cause trouble updating having both routes checked - or one unchecked? As they have different app IDs, updates are connected to these? What is suggested from your side? I'll leave both checked and wait what happens.

4.png

6. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

To sum it up,

DTG has unlocked the base route apps - not packages for Arizona Divide and Hi-Line. There is two different releases of each having the exact same content but different apps, as the Texture files were outsourced to the separate ap's.

Note: The package contains two apps: The route app (Base assets, Route) and the US assets (branded textures). There's two packages for US and ROW containing the same route app. And instead of the full package we have two route apps to choose from - which are exactly the same. Here's the mistake.

So we're missing System.ap for Hi-Line:
    5.png

and for Arizona
    6.png

Ticking each of the route DLC did not give me the US textures, HiLine's System.ap is not being updated on my system and nor do I get the ArizonaDivideUSAssets.ap.

DTG Jamie It seems it is needed to have those apps turned into a separate DLC package as you did for Racetrack and Clear Creek?

7. Southernrailfan

Southernrailfan Member

You already got the DLCs branded? Because mine aren't

8. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Only Racetrack and Clear Creek. Restart Steam to update your local DLC manifests and untick the corresponding ROW asset packs.

Does not work ATM for Arizona and HiLine - you'll have missing textures then. We just have to wait for the US assets to appear in the DLC selection.

9. Southernrailfan

Southernrailfan Member

Yea It's "MISSING TEXTURE"

10. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Unless you see a US asset / livery pack in the DLC list leave the ROW assets ticked! I've ping'd DTG Jamie already. This may take some time. But they are working on it.

The most elegant way would be to completely unify those DLC for everyone in a single package.

But that could open up legal issues, as they would then have to do a forced removal of the old packages on your system and in their database. Some fool could take legal action claiming he's paid for this exact DLC. That's why they added the seperate texture packs.

11. Southernrailfan

Southernrailfan Member

12. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Anyway it is yet to be announced officially. Let's wait then.

13. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have messaged JD on the issue I will wait until tomorrow for his response.

14. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Montana Hi-Line and Arizona are now being looked into will update when I have more information

• Like Like x 5
  15. Southernrailfan

Southernrailfan Member

Yea its now branded for everyone

16. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Confirmed. After unticking the ROW assets for Arizona and Montana, the US assets are installed. Thanks Jamie!

17. Southernrailfan

Southernrailfan Member

But there a small problem with the rolling stock, on the BNSF coal hoppers there's still "MISSING TEXUTE". It's a gray hopper form the Hi Line

18. mfeets

mfeets Well-Known Member

That's there even on the U.S. version

19. pjduplooy.gis

pjduplooy.gis Member

Hi guys.

Thanks for the update on this. I have a slight problem though. I own Arizona Divide, and cant see what version to install.

If you look at the screenshot, there is two versions of the route listed. The problem is I cant drag the DLC windows any larger, nor for that matter enlarge the name field. I am on Win 11 if that matters.

Screenshot 2022-02-21 215354.jpg

20. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Make sure it looks like this. Don't worry about having both routes ticked. One of them was originally paired with the US assets, one with the ROW assets. The content is the same. I checked all combinations. For eventual future updates, I think it is safer to tick both. (Different app IDs)
    1.png

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2022
  21. sroberts001

sroberts001 New Member

Hi all,
    Just checked Montan Hi line and The Racetrack, both worked fine for me although it did require a reboot to get things to show.

22. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Glad they made it... Raton Pass should be up next.

Restarting Steam to update your DLC manifests should have done it, a reboot should not be necessary. Won't hurt though :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2022
  23. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Am I correct in assuming that eventually every BNSF related thing will be re-branded / re-sold? For example the SD70 v2 pack is currently unavailable in my country most likely because of the BNSF livery same for the GP9. I hope they are sold worldwide so I can get them.

24. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I think on the next sale they'll unlock the US-only restrictions for the rest of the DLC. As there's only one version it needs no work like the unbranded routes required.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

From JD last week.

• Like Like x 1
  26. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Right-o!

Life's good... :D

tumblr_m2xrk1EPXS1r06r2oo1_400.gif

• Like Like x 1
  27. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I don't have missing textures...
    33.png

28. Southernrailfan

Southernrailfan Member

For me the small BNSF letters aren't there

29. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Check your DLC list again and make sure the ROW assets are unticked
    3.png

30. Michael Newbury

So for both Arizona and Montana are still not showing the logo's despite following what has been shown.

31. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Untick all Montana / Arizona related stuff, wait for activity to finish and retick them (except ROW). Clear the game's cache. This is strange...

You should have System.ap (18.276.184 bytes) in Assets\VNHRR\HiLine folder. (CRC32 checksum: F1B78792)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Michael Newbury

Thank you for the help all appears to be good now logo's show up on the loco's.

• Like Like x 1
  33. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Everything that was restricted to the USA will eventually be made available for the ROW.