Static Bakerloo Consist On Gwe: Yes Or No And Why?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by doublefine7, Feb 22, 2022.

1. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

This thread is basically for feedback for static consists on GWE with 72 stock. Please be constructive, not hateful and if you are pro or con, try to add feedback and arguments.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Would love to see it. Static or not, it's better than empty rails IMO.

• Like Like x 4
  3. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

100% needs to stay in. Its criminal to have the underground section empty. Static or not.

• Like Like x 5
  4. caspargray

caspargray Active Member

Agreed - a good move and much better than it being empty. Good job and thanks.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

im a strong keep it in voter, yes it may not be prototypical but it adds to a route that lacked traffic and life so im 100% on the keep it in side

• Like Like x 4
  6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

It adds tot he route.
    Keep it in :P

Hentis

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. StenioBlackHawnk

StenioBlackHawnk Active Member

Not from UK here but I would say yes, better than empty rails ...

• Like Like x 1
  8. bdlaplaca

bdlaplaca Member

Keep it in, the more life on the route the better.

9. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

I'm going to say yes although I honestly have no clue where any underground lines are on GWE. I think if DTG can fill lines of other routes that are included in DLC with stock be it static or AI controlled then it will add so much more to the route.

• Like Like x 2
  10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I really don't know how it is in the real life route, if it is there then i am going to have to say yes for authentic realistic experience. Anything that make the game feel more real and authentic is in my book:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. antony.henley

I think the reason why I suggested it was because you go past these stations with the underground lines on them and there's nothing there. Seeing as the 72 stock is the only stock in the game then it was a suggestion to try it. I mean people run SD40's on the underground and think thats ok but not to having an underground train parked up in a station.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  12. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

For reference, these are the trains (1992 stock) that run on the Central Line to Ealing Broadway, which they're trying to represent. Apart from livery, they don't look much like the 1972 stock on the Bakerloo.
    [​IMG]

I like the idea, but I'm personally not convinced - they're just too different. It may look good from a quick glance but still (having said that, I've used 1938 stock on the Circle line in TS1 before so you could argue I don't have much of a leg to stand on - this was before the S stock was made for it. I'm glad they've not gone that far).

• Like Like x 5
  13. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. Probably going to be shot down here but I think having the 72TS replace the S- and/or 92-Stock is just too wrong for it to look good.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Clumsy Pacer

I think it might work a bit better if they skinned the 1938 stock to be a Rail Adhesion Train (and pretend it's a 1962 stock, which bar the front is extremely similar)
    [​IMG]

Original photo on Flickr

• Like Like x 6
  15. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Also would love to see it! Only at ealing Broadway or also on the line out of Paddington with the two stops?
    We are getting slightly wrong trains all the time, and they would populate the otherwise empty and thus even more unrealistic tube lines.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I don't see why not, and if we get the correct underground train at somepoint then it can be swapped out.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I vote yes. More variety/less emptiness is better IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  18. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Yep, keep it in, any more life on this route can only be a good thing

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

yes, keep it in, as I don't like seeing empty platforms that would otherwise never get used

• Like Like x 2
  20. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Yes. Every time I stop at Ealing I think to myself: "it's a shame to see these empty."

Frankly, unless we ever get a more appropriate tube stock, we should have it there. It's better than nothing.

• Like Like x 4
  21. seatsea

seatsea Active Member

I'm leaning to yes, I'd much rather see something empty track filled with something plausible then there being nothing at all there.

Obviously if they had the time to do something accurate, or if we ever get S or D stock I'd prefer that. But for the time being it's better than nothing even if know it's technically wrong.

Same way the 425 is used in the Munich timetable instead of the Coradia.

• Like Like x 1
  22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes. It's a stand-in, but a stand-in is better than nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  23. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I must admit I rarely play GWE so it probably doesn't matter too much, but personally I wouldn't want to see anything unrealistic. For me I would rather see an empty platform rather than a train which would never have been there/or would never be there. Then again having all the local services ran by class 166's when there aren't enough of them and having all HST's in GWR green livery, which also isn't realistic, means that having the wrong tube train isn't a big deal I guess.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  24. MLP Derick

MLP Derick Well-Known Member

yes they should keep it makes that area feel less empty even if it's the incorrect stock

• Like Like x 2
  25. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

A yes from me, GWE is pretty empty, considering it’s a London Terminus, it needs all the life DTG can give it.

• Like Like x 3
  26. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Yes keep it inside. In this case it adds immersion and if there will be ever a 92 stock its swapped quickly either by dtg or a mod.

• Like Like x 2
  27. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It can’t do any harm to keep it in. I think the purists are already consistently irked by TSW so one more inclusion of slightly incorrect stock as a stand-in surely won’t matter to them…

Q - Who led the Pedants’ Revolt?
    A - Which Tyler

• Like Like x 3
  28. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Nope simple no explanation just nope

• Like Like x 4
  29. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

Yes, I think it brings much needed life to the empty platforms.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I say yes keep it in as it as life to the station if that train may not be appropriate to the route.

• Like Like x 2
  31. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Im usually not a fan of going over to fantasy creations, but unfortunately we dont have the amount of trains available to fill the gap. So to do something against empty areas im ok with placing the 72 stock in this case.

About the rolling stock in tsw 2 in general: yes many of trains got added in 2021. I hope there will be a lot more loco dlcs in the future. This way we get more services or substitution variety into the routes.

• Like Like x 3
  32. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Yes and it is standing in for a 1992 stock ATO Equipped central line Ealing Broadway service

• Like Like x 1
  33. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I like the idea. But not sure I want to see it there every time I pass.
    It would be great if it could randomly be spawned or not to give the effect of movement on the tube lines.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Seeing it there is immersion breaking for me knowing it’s the complete wrong train for the area and line, I’d rather have an empty platform until we can have something more accurate. It’s a no from me.

• Like Like x 3
  35. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Another yes here.
    More detail is welcome.
    I shall employ mind strengthening exercises and look the other way when passing.

• Like Like x 2
  36. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. To me it's like saying stick a central line train on the Victoria line. Or for the US, it's like sticking a baby bullet on LIRR. It doesn't belong on that traction. If we're honestly going to start dumping stuff on routes just to make it look busy than actually make train DLC for it, then I see it as a slippery slope. Let's look at BML. Let's say the 700 doesn't actually come and they opt in to just popping in some static 375s/377s instead, we'd all be getting our pitchforks out marching to HQ. I understand where they're coming from but to me as a frequent London commuter it'll spoil the authenticity for me. Its a big no from me.

• Like Like x 5
  37. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I make no apolgies for being a "purist". For me a train simulator isn't just about driving a train with realistic controls to a timetable etc but creating, or in backdated routes, recreating a realistic operational experience. Which for me means as much as possible having realistic trains. I understand that sometimes there are compromises and it is never going to be 100%. But the completely incorrect train for me is a no-no.

Unfortunately as we saw with the totally unrealistic layers on WCL, realism doesn't always seem to be at the forefront of developers thinking. It is a shame you can't turn such layers off so everyone would be happy. I haven't bought WCL because of that.

This is why I still spend 80% of my simming time in TS1 as for the most part I can create realistic experiences.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Clumsy Pacer

I don't mind them taking artistic license if I can believe it - like the things in New Journeys, however it's going to take a lot of convincing seeing a 72 stock at Ealing - particularly if it even has 'Bakerloo Line' stickers on it, which i suspect it is as a layer from BKL.

• Like Like x 3
  39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Until such time the correct train is in TSW 2, I’ll be happy to see a 1972 stock at the station. Empty track is no fun. I like the fact they’ve added it :)

• Like Like x 2
  40. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see it included.

41. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I definitely think yes. It is different, but not to a point where it would absolutely be out of place. It is not LIRR M3 being put there. And if the correct stock ever comes in, it shouldn't be difficult to fix that.

One thought though - What if the Expansion Pack livery was used? (Or maybe sub in?) You would replace wrong with fiction, which might not be great... but an anniversary livery stock would probably be more likely to appear out of its home route and maybe end up displayed somewhere like what we see here. Just food for thought.

• Like Like x 5
  42. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im all for the 72 at Ealing Broadway. Also made a scenario recently using a mod that had the 72 as ai running in and out of Paddington via Royal Oak to Westbourne Park. With no impact on the other services signalling wise, this could be added to the timetable for the entire day running in and out.

• Like Like x 2
  43. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Indeed, It's strange to see so much enthusiasm for this but in another thread when I suggested a reskinned 313 could add life to the above ground section of the Bakerloo, north of Queens Park, I got shot down in flames.

• Like Like x 3
  44. antony.henley

Dont understand why it was shot down, 313's ran on the line for Silverlink wasnt it?

• Like Like x 1
  45. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

For me, a definitive yes, everything is better than empty tracks. I would even go as far and say that someone please add static / moving stock to Bakerloo Line, it feels as if I'm in a zombie movie driving my train next to a 4 or 6 lane mainline without a single train passing me.

• Like Like x 1
  46. seatsea

seatsea Active Member

There's some fair points being made, as it stands GWE, as pretty much all routes has a few creative liberties already, The wrong tube stock being a platform you won't be on usually anyway isn't really that big a deal. And if you don't know any better, it certainly doesn't look out of place as much as some other things might,

47. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

It's a strange world

48. Clumsy Pacer

Difference: that 313 would
    a) be moving, and
    b) probably player driveable

This 1972 stock is a static thing in (effectively) a siding.

49. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

If there is underground stock to be seen, it is OK even if it is not the correct kind. Maybe it would fit better in the Diesel Legends timetable only.

50. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If that were the case, then it should be in the original bare aluminum livery from the New Journeys pack. Red-white-and-blue would be all wrong for the Seventies.