Gwe From The Preservation Crew.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Feb 22, 2022.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Looking good for Acton Yard :)
    I'm happy for the containers and yes I realise that ONE containers were not around in 2016 but I would still prefer them being there. Now if only the updated timetable that Matt made was also put in there. Still a good job.

Hentis

• Like Like x 6
  2. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I believe in order to have the JNA freight cars available there, you must have EC route too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

Yes, as it will be a layer from ECW to use the JNAs

• Like Like x 1
  4. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Yes I too wonder about the GWE timetable update, Adam did not mention it on the Roadmap stream.
    Matt mentioned on his Twitch stream he had added more freight services and had passed it to Adam for review.

• Like Like x 1
  5. antony.henley

Yes I watched the same stream. Hopefully he has added it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kim1087

Kim1087 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of the Bakerloo train at Ealing Broadway as it would give more immersion and fill what would otherwise be an empty platform. but would it be possible to have it randomly spawning so theirs perhaps a 50/50 chance of seeing it that way it won't feel like a static display

• Like Like x 2
  7. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

All looks good but as usual we won’t see this stuff for months, as nothing has changed in respect of non paid for content updates. I am still waiting for the PC update that was teased way before Christmas 2021 by Adam so I can actually play the route with water in the Bay Area, DTG need to expand there test team as the speed of progress makes it seem like there is just one person doing it all lol. I love this game but nothing changes just a lot of hot air on the streams, I used to look forward to the roadmap but no point currently as lots of great ideas flying around but actually getting the finished product out the door seems to still be a mission impossible unless it’s got a price tag attached to it :D

• Like Like x 5
  8. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Is Acton Yard getting a revamp! Nice :) it's a shame such a busy yard is always dead at the moment.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. darrentee01

darrentee01 Member

Looking forward to this update gwr is a great route hope it gets a timetable update

• Like Like x 1
  10. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

Tonight we are announcing jam tomorrow , don’t worry about today.

• Like Like x 1
  11. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

So are we saying that to get certain items, rolling stock, you have to also have other routes? So if I do not buy ECW I do not see the JNA wagons in Acton Yard? Which "If" I am correct means I need to buy more routes, than I might want, just to get a full yard at Acton :( or have "I" got the wrong end of the stick?

• Like Like x 1
  12. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

One of the things I'm hoping for is the destination blinds to work on the 166

• Like Like x 2
  13. antony.henley

yes thats happening in the this fourth coming update to the route.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. marcsharp2

That's awesome, thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Nope. You would need to own ECW to get the JNA wagons. The wagons are not included as standard on GWE.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

To populate routes, not only by full timetables, but also with suitable trains on large and empty train yards makes TSW much more realistic, as now seen on SKA. Also the idea of a waiting underground train, even if it's from the Bakerloo Line is a good one. These are the kind of details we want to see!
    Maybe the other way round it also would work. If you leave Queens Park towards Wembley, where the underground tracks meet overground railway lines, passing AI trains or only some parked freight wagons next to the Stonebridge Park Depot would bring more life to the route.

• Like Like x 3
  17. borg#1850

Thanks Mat. That is a shame in one way, as at present I am not interested in ECW, so will gain nothing in that I have GWE and the update gives me nothing extra! :(:mad::(

Apart from needing me to spend more money, to gain something within a route I already own.

• Like Like x 1
  18. antony.henley

I see there is a playstation sale on at the moment. See if ECW is on that. Also ECW is a great route.

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  19. borg#1850

I will have a look, Thanks, Although it is spending money I might not want to. I have plenty to do on the other routes. Just missing out on a yard full of wagons instead of empty like the Maria Celeste

• Like Like x 1
  20. marcsharp2

It's worth getting especially if you get the 313 as well, the 66 comes with it and depending on what other DLC's you've got there's a Railtour consist as well, there's empty stock movements and from Newhaven to Seaford it's a nice coastal run, Brighton is busy as well with AI services heading to London and Portsmouth.

• Like Like x 2
  21. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I prefer East Coast way over Grand Western Express at the moment. I'm actually waiting for this update to start playing it. It really shows it's age what bothered me a lot when I bought it.

• Like Like x 1
  22. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

That's a yes and no answer!
    Yes you would need to own other routes IF you wanted to see that stock in Acton yard e.g the JNA's from ECW.

No you don't need to buy other routes to see a full Acton yard as the game will fill it with containers and aggregate hoppers instead. Other routes rolling stock would just add variety to what is filling Acton yard and what is moving about on the route but they aren't necessarily required to see Acton full.

• Like Like x 4
  23. borg#1850

Aha thanks for that information. Though I will look at ECW as my Aunt lived in Seaford. See what the special deal is at present.

• Like Like x 1
  24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Wait- is it really true that nobody has yet done a PIS mod for GWE? I mean, besides the old static ornamental text one?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

ECW in my opinion remains the best route in TSW 2. And the 313 makes it even better.

• Like Like x 2
  26. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

I bought ECW for 4 £ last month, and it's a real bargain. Need to keep a good watch at the Store.

• Like Like x 1
  27. borg#1850

Which Store is best to watch? I generally just use the link within TSW2 rather than go to the PlayStation Store, where I get confused at times as to which is the correct one to buy.

• Like Like x 1
  28. antony.henley

Use the Playstation store. I never use the in game store.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  29. borg#1850

Well I checked both stores last night and no special offers I had not already had. Just seems a shame the In Game store does not give you the quickest and easiest route to buy more stuff or few special offers. The PlayStation store is a bit long winded in my view

• Like Like x 1
  30. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Not sure how going to the Playstation store is long winded as the in game store always takes you to the Playstation store. I always just go to the Playstation store and have done with it.

• Like Like x 2
  31. borg#1850

What I should have said is, I then have to filter each time on Train Sim World 2, instead of just pushing the Square button in game and it takes me there and only to the one that works in TSW2 :D:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  32. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I personally think we will see this around September-November Time. If I am correct, we are still waiting on the peninsula corridor update that was teased back in october

33. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

On the last roadmap stream Adam said that his team are gonna make a commitment to have all the updates out by June. Whether or not that's kept we'll just have to see.

34. trainsimgaming1001

Highly doubt that will be kept. I still remember DTG saying we would get the editor (official) by 2019/20 Time. It is now 2022 and still no editor in sight. I also happen to remember dovetail moving the 313 back down to In Production and it sitting there for about 4-5 Months.

• Like Like x 1
  35. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This was before they changed to platform parity which was never an official announcement, but definitely became a thing...

36. trainsimgaming1001

Still. Dovetail had promised the editor and if I remember correctly, never said it was cancelled. I also recall when TSW2 was announced, the Q&A said Dovetail would like to do an Editor. An editor is really the only reason games like TS Classic and ETS2 have lasted so long - User Generated Content - Dovetail not making an Editor would be a mistake in the long run. Plus, I can see them allowing the routes to be uploaded to Creators Club if an editor does happen, so console players would be able to at least download 3rd Party User Generated Content.

EDIT: Also, if Dovetail cared about platform parity, then I am pretty sure Console PS4/Xbox One would have the full GWE Timetable, the Munich Layers, and the BML Layers (Though I do understand this was cut for performance issues) and I am sure there is more they cut from console. Its clear that Dovetail does not care about Platform Parity (at least not between Xbox One/PS4 and 9th Gen/PC)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
  37. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

People promise or say things all the time. Best bet is to only base reliance on things already released...
    The reason games last as long is because content is generated, whoever that may be by. DTG are still producing content for TSC even though others CAN do so, doesn't mean that they actually do (look at the class 700 as an example, a third party was making that loco four years ago before being hounded out by the community, only recently have DTG gone ahead and made it)

DTG DID care about platform parity, and still do which is why comparitive hardware is catered for. To be fair anyone who tries to compare a PS4 to anything 9th Gen loses any argument they're trying to make)

• Like Like x 1
  38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The problem with that is that Adam and his team have essentially no say in when downloads are released. Those decisions are made by other people- people who for eight months have decided that PC updates aren't important.

• Like Like x 1