Roadmap Update Stream 22/02

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Feb 22, 2022.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

A much more positive sounding roadmap stream this week. Thanks to DTG Natster & TrainSim-Adam for hosting the stream tonight.

It’s great to see GWE has gotten a lot of attention. A few surprises mixed in there too:
    - Updated skies
    - Branded wagons
    - Southall and Acton yards populated with static wagons
    - Class 166 PIS functionality
    - Static London Underground (Bakerloo Line) train at Ealing Broadway
    - Platform PIS

Skybox mod update:
    With our fingers crossed very firmly, it should finally be released alongside the Luzurn route release, for all platforms.

All preservation updates are currently, at this moment in time, scheduled to have been released by June.

GWE screenshots:
    910C846A-44E9-4A91-B0D7-3521CBD4ECDB.jpeg 8FA9C825-38FB-420B-964B-367DF116F92E.jpeg B1A75346-BCE9-4F3B-BBCE-9027D358F864.jpg 0C4AE4FA-A3D8-4367-832E-BAE6A145C970.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 15
  2. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Did they give a release date for GWE improvements?

3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

From what I gathered, it was at the top of the list, but then it moved down again. However, its due to move around again sometime this week. So its a moving target at the moment, from what I understood.

• Like Like x 1
  4. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Updates mentioned for Rapid Transit but has the PZB on the Talent 2 been fixed yet? I haven’t checked as I’m on PS5 and it’s currently deleted

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

No, it is on the list of DLCs that have yet to receive their update. When or in what place it is I have no idea.

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Probably fairly far down, since RT just got a major update last summer.

7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the write up, wish DTG would take this approach rather than forcing people to watch a rather lengthy stream to get tidbits of significant info.

GWE will definitely see some playtime out of me when it’s updated.

• Like Like x 10
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

For GWE, Adam said on a previous stream that they had solved the issue of the twilight zone near Reading station too. I hope all this extra stuff doesn’t affect performance though. Lots of static stock especially can impact the consoles quite heavily. It all looks good though, no wonder they wanted to show it off on the stream.

9. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I really do hope by the time Adam and the team finish all the preservation crew updates, they can really focus on improving the current LIRR because this route has not been up to standard, along with the train. Especially all the stations which don't like anything like the real world, especially the woodside 61st station, along with the tunnels and lighting.

10. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

The stations on the LIRR are indeed actually pretty accurate to what they were like circa 2018. I've been on the LIRR plenty of times in real life, and I have no problem recognizing which station is which.
    Where improvements could be made is in the scenery around the stations, which is where they do differ from their real life counterparts. The stations themselves are just fine

• Like Like x 2
  11. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

what about woodside 61street, is that really how it look like in the real world because i had a elevated track where the 7 line run, also the item or object such as the ticket machine is wrong, and not the MTA Machine. What do you think they should add for the scenery to make the route more alive?

12. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

The pictures look wonderful, but I really hope they fix the collectibles issue

13. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

looks like the route will finally look like it should have done 2 years ago

14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I don’t watch the streams but was there any official reaction or reassurance offered to the generally negative reception given to the advertising billboards? Or was it glossed over?

15. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Basically a statement that ‘if you don’t like it then toggle it off’

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. malakhit

malakhit Member

Any news on whether they intend to standardise on the Class 66? Or are we still to have two different versions with different features and different performance?

• Like Like x 1
  17. OldVern

Should be off by default.
    And when it comes to choice, we also have one not to buy any more of their DLC - spend it on Flight Sim, Run 8 or ATS/ETS2 instead.

18. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

What, that Microsoft product, the company which undertakes data harvesting by default?

• Like Like x 1
  19. OldVern

Didn't say which version...
    Anyhow if you have a PC then you accept the trade off to subsidise the fact most of us got Win 10 FOC.
    As stated in the other thread, TSW2 is a paid for product and not a particularly cheap one either. If some people are happy with DTG's policy then fine, but I happen not to be and no amount of keyboard lawyering or other arguments from the faithful acolytes will persuade me otherwise.

20. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Ive posted this on another thread but things Id like to see included. Ai 72 in and out of Paddington to Westbourne Park all day. Ive done this in a modded scenario planner and it looks great. Secondly please add the ECW 66 to the loco selection, so we can get our liveries in.
    3rd Please look at livery function for the GWE stock.
    Lastly the new skies might also have a positive effect but Reading Station could do with a slight dimming in terms of how bright it is. More in line with the brightness of one of the German stations in TSW2.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
  21. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not true, but also irrelevant. If you have a computer of any kind, your provider will monitor your actions and generally report them back. Same will all browsers, many tracking cookies, and if you're in the UK (and I believe Europe generally) your ISP is obliged to monitor and store all activity for six months

22. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That is an ultimate choice but it’s not a choice any of us want to make. We are not here actively using the TSW forum because we don’t want to buy DLC, we are here because we do want to buy it. Not buying a particular DLC because you don’t want it or you think it is poor quality is one thing but not buying any of them ever again would be a very dramatic reaction to having to switch an option off in the settings exactly once because it defaults to on.

• Like Like x 4
  23. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

i'm sure TrainSim-Adam said back in January that has been fixed and its in the update awaiting release. Hopefully he will confirm.

Regards

Hentis

24. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

This is on top of my wishlist, getting rid of the 2 versions, which is just rediculous.

• Like Like x 2
  25. OldVern

Oh quite. Never said I was going to uninstall or never play again, but a bit like current real world events there are several levels to go through before the nukes start flying...

26. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Yeah, that thing is ridiculous. At least they fixed the substitution that was breaking GWE stuff.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I think it is a bit problematic they are almost done. Then some good folks discover a new issue or a better way to do things and we get a delay. This is not a good thing in general. There always will be issues, but they should try harder to avoid scope creep, as it is called in IT, We really need frequent release of what is ready, what is not ready should be kicked out. What is going on now is that releases are getting huge and that makes things complicated.

28. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1