Train Sim World 2 - Creators Club Beta: Arriving This Week!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 23, 2022.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

MicrosoftTeams-image (68).jpg
    On 24th February the Creators Club Beta arrives for Train Sim World 2! Get ready for launch by creating something new with the customisation tools.

Read the article here.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 19
  2. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Good to see a beta for something for once, hopefully it serves it's purpose.

• Like Like x 6
  3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

no like

• Like Like x 5
  4. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I do like it. Very much.

I don't understand what some people can see wrong with this. DTG has spent time developing this tool and will also spend time monitoring and controlling it so that all their customers can benefit no matter what platform they use to play.
    I play on console and not so long ago it seemed unthinkable that this would be possible.

In this community there are people with an incredible talent when it comes to creating. I admit I don't have it, so if from now on I can enjoy for free all the content that these players will be kind enough to share with everyone, in my opinion it's a great addition to TSW.

It's a pleasant surprise that it's launching this week. I'm sure this beta will help DTG to improve the final version in the future thanks to the feedback from the community.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

I too am very much looking forward to it and ask what could possibly be negative about it? If you don't like the liveries people create, or the scenarios they put together, then don't use them - and you have exactly the same experience you currently have.

fanta1682002, can you explain what you don't like about it?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think that some people might be comparing the CC with the editorial freedom you get with Train Simulator, where there are no walls around the garden as far as liveries and consists are concerned. It's a very limited feature as it is described in the artlicle

• Like Like x 3
  7. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

They install beta software without asking you if you want it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is not a software but a part of existing one. Using it is not mandatory.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

So you have nothing before they add this feature. After they do it you have something which, while it may not be as inclusive as you'd desire, is still more than nothing....

Not trying to minimize anyone's concerns but no one is losing out on anything by this, and this could, potentially, be a game-changing level of improvement for many people. IMO.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Looking forward to playing some player-made scenarios, hopefully, there won't be many issues at launch.

It's a shame the Scenario Creator 2.0 got canned and there won't be scenarios that are more complex.

• Like Like x 3
  11. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this, Been wanting it since day one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Will the scenarios be anything more than driving from point A to B, or can they involve tasks such as switching, building consists, etc.?

• Like Like x 1
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The current functionality of scenario planner probably :(

• Like Like x 4
  14. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Some creators will manage to build fun scenarios, of that I have no doubt. But they will not be able to be overly complex because the current planner has many shortcomings.

But the future scenario planner 2.0 will be much better thanks to the creators club. I'm sure that all the feedback and interaction that will exist from now on with the users will help DTG to improve this tool. It will probably take some time to see it, but I think it will finally be possible to build those complex scenarios we all want.

• Like Like x 5
  15. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Thanks for confirming this @dtg_natster

I watched the Roadmap stream yesterday and was confused as to CC being released this week, whereas the impression I get from Monday night's stream was that it was possibly(?) landing next week. By pure coincidence I have the tomorrow and Friday booked off work for my birthday and this will be an unexpected present from DTG which I am looking forward to and hope to enjoy more than cake (well it might last a bit longer?)!

• Like Like x 1
  16. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

No one is forcing you to use it.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  17. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Not really interesting because there still isn't that many tools that you can work with such as giving us more design, stencil, shape, text, font, color and other artistic tools to make the livery wonderful. So, unfortunately, the lack of current toolkit makes making livery not popping and gorgeous.

• Like Like x 1
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

You might be surprised....

• Like Like x 3
  19. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

I just want to try a different scenario. Myself, I made a LZB/PZB challenge. Maybe I’ll put it out?

• Like Like x 1
  20. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Just an Friendly reminder to tomorrow when creators club release please note you guys can't upload ICE liverys only IC liveries

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. George1862

George1862 Active Member

What time roughly will it release

22. Larwan

Larwan Member

Where did you get this information from? I view most of the streams and read here in the forum regularly and never heard of this. We have the permission to use the DB licenses ( The ICE license is one of it) and I didn't read a word of exceptions in all of the creative club articles-

• Like Like x 1
  23. solicitr

This has been out there for some time, and I am surprised DTG haven't reiterated it: Deutsche Bahn have trademarked the ICE3 - the train, not the livery - and it may not be depicted in anything but official DB colors. That's a condition of the license.

• Like Like x 1
  24. CowBoyWolf

01425832-5F75-4D4B-AA64-EF2A3A753312.png 47CA61DA-7677-48E6-97D1-91944F147FE9.png

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  25. Larwan

Larwan Member

CowBoyWolf Ah, ok thanks. I'm not on DTG's Discord Server. But isn't it a little bit stupid to hide some importent information on some Discord Servers. They have said we have the license to make "DB" liverys. For me that means license for all DB liverys, including all trains. I really think information like this belongs in an article. But the Question is: Is it ok to put the ICE logo on an other Train or is just the ICE 3 model not in creative club?

26. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Hopefully you are right, because i really do want to start creating eye-popping wonderful amazing livery, but we won't know until tomorrow.

27. solicitr

28. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Right, I would still like to decide for myself whether I want to install unfinished software or not.

• Like Like x 1
  29. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Time to share my GDR Deutsche Reichsbahn Painted trains DR V60 Dosto & DR BR 280 from existing trains

30. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Can some talented individual kindly have a crack at some Kiwirail liveries?

• Like Like x 2
  31. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Well you might as well uninstall everything you have on your console or PC then as 99% of software these days is not finished and require further updates.

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is NOT A SOFTWARE :)
    Just a simple new additional TSW functionality.
    Don't like it Don't use it.

• Like Like x 5
  33. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

First thoughts, how did the fact that it is practically impossible to tell what you have highlighted not come up before release?

If I take my eyes away from the screen for a second, then look at it again, I can't tell where I have left the pretty much invisible selected item, meaning I have to toggle about a bit before my focus is drawn to what is being highlighted.

I get that this is only a beta, but something as simple as this shouldn't really have slipped through.

This is on console, I assume that on PC there is a mouse cursor, making it somewhat easier.

• Like Like x 2
  34. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I find that also on console with the weather settings in timetable mode. I pretty much now just leave the weather default because I have no idea if I am highlighting wind, cloud etc when trying to change it

• Like Like x 2
  35. CowBoyWolf

Just don't use the 403 or 406 for the liveries

36. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

So far... I'm liking it, It's easy to upload stuff (I've already uploaded a scenario and livery) and easy to download stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this, I won't be sharing any because I'm not in the least bit artistic, but I'd love to try some of the liveries shared by the more creative members of the forum.

Just wondering - are there weathering tools too?

38. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

Hi, am i missing something? After downloading a scenario to try I then had to go to each of my UK routes and open up the scenarios sections to try and find out which one actually had the scenario to run. It would be easier to actually confirm which route was used OR am I missing something??

• Like Like x 1
  39. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Absolutely loving it so far, however I think I've found a really dumb oversight.

On console it seems to be impossible to scroll down on the content overview. Which is infuriating when you want to see more info on a scenario such as the weather settings. Yet again it seems that the people who design the UIs for TSW2 always do so from the perspective of PC players first. They still haven't fixed the issue of weather sliders not highlighting when selecting them, so you just have to guess.

• Like Like x 8
  40. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

I’m really loving it, spas some of the liveries I’ve wanted but not had the skill (or patience) to make them. Anyone planning on uploading some Network Southeast liveries?

• Like Like x 2
  41. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

No, it will be what we have now. DTG wants to continue to develop the scenario planner, but they took it of the roadmap because they want full attention for creators club first. It is OK that they try to focus, but for me this is very disappointing, especially because there even is not a plan or a roadmap with small steps.

• Like Like x 1
  42. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it yet but I assume they appear in your scenario planner list as they would if you had created them yourself rather than in the DTG created scenario list.
    So go into the route, the tools, Scenario planner. Just an idea, sorry if this is completely wrong but thats where I would look

• Like Like x 3
  43. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

They do but the point is knowing which route to go to especially if you. Have them all! We need something that makes it clear which is the route to go to rather than having to search all..

• Like Like x 3
  44. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

It was the same issue with the in game timetable back in TSW 2020, didn’t get fixed until TSW 2…

• Like Like x 1
  45. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I haven't used the existing "scenario" creator as it appears to only be for creating end-to-end drives. I will wait for a more robust scenario function in the future. Good thing I also use Train Simulator 2022. I might dabble into livery designer though.

46. Stenne

Stenne New Member

Hi

On the YouTube stream on monday "Creators Club preview - Train Sim World 2" you specifically asked for community feedback on different "content discovery mechanisms" (1:04:58). Where do you want this feedback? Will you set up a dedicated beta-feedback thread or other means of collecting this feedback??

Just by using Creaters Club for a couple of hours today I can realize that finding and structuring uploads and subscriptions is going to be an issue that really has to be adressed and constantly be improved during the upcoming weeks and months. This I think is a challange for you to handle swiftly for Creaters Club to become an fully appreciated addition to this great sim/game.
    And it's not just about structuring, sorting and filtering the content within Creators Club, which could be tricky and cumbersome in it's own. The really big issue arises when you shall use the subscribed liveries and scenarios within TSW2. If the uploader has'nt provided relevant information in the title or in the free text description it is impossible to know which loco, loco version (for example BR143 exists in several versions depending on which route it was released within) and route the subscribed item is designed for. Introducing some mandatory fields, related to the in-game use, for the uploader to fill in might be a good idea.

For me, who owns almost all the routes and DLC locos, it means that I have to manually browse through a substantial number of routes, locos and route dependent loco versions just to find a subscribed livery/scenery in game. In the long run, especially when the number of uploads starts to reach several hundred or thousands of items, it will become absolutely unmanagable. So in mho the integration of the information on route and loco must be intergrated between Creators Club and the core game. For example, the CC now recognizes and automatically displays if I don't own a route or loco thats needed for the subscribed item to work. Would'nt it be possible to autmatically present which route or loco/version is required for the subscribed item to work.

I really like the CC concept and I've already seen some great stuff having been uploaded. But after subscribing just some 10-15 uploads I realized I had to make a quite extensive Excel spreadsheet with a lot of information just to be able to find my subscribed liveries and scenarios within the core game.

As I said, I like this concept but the intergration of CC and core game must be a high priority in my opinion.

• Like Like x 6
  47. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

When I go to scribe to someone it did not do nothing

48. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Try logging out of your dovetail live account and back in again.

49. solicitr

Yes; unless something is done about searchability or the like, CC is very quickly going to become like a public library where all the books are shelved randomly and there's no card catalog.

50. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It would be handy if there was a ‘sort by/filter by’ filter, such as ‘most downloaded’, ‘newest first’ etc.

• Like Like x 3